Post-sabbatical thoughts of 2021 sabbatees?

If anything I'd only get the Lupo95 as an alternative to say a WR2 .95 as found it shaved quite mild and that way I can focus my attention on the WR1 that I prefer. I'm more inclined to go for a WR 1.35

WR2 1.35 would be an excellent choice for high end efficient razor.

I rate the Lupo 95 above the Rocca, as it is noticeably more agile and less picky on blade selection for my shaving routine. Rocca is still a great razor.

I've seen great praise for the ATT Windsor range and yes its made overseas but judging by the consensus here, its a hidden gem. Not that expensive so one that's high on my radar when I decide I need a new DE... :unsure:

Windsor is made in USA
Windsor Pro is made in China.

The Windsor Pro didn't do it for me and I sold both the SS and AL versions due to some blade chatter.

The Windsor is silky smooth, zero blade chatter!

Windsor is made in USA
Windsor Pro is made in China.

The Windsor Pro didn't do it for me and I sold both the SS and AL versions due to some blade chatter.

The Windsor is silky smooth, zero blade chatter!
Ah that's good to know as I recall one version stayed locally made whilst the others went off shore. (y)

I'll admit I like many had my reservations once Stan moved on but the quality and variety of metals has always look appealing but now I have an idea which one to aim for if I decide I need a new shiny bit of gear... :unsure:

WR2 1.35 would be an excellent choice for high end efficient razor.

I rate the Lupo 95 above the Rocca, as it is noticeably more agile and less picky on blade selection for my shaving routine. Rocca is still a great razor.
These days I'm noticing my neck area is more prone to irritation using an "efficient" razor and thus far the Rocca + Minora/Red & White as well as Wizamet/Yellow offer comfortable yet efficient shaves when used everyday. Hard to justify investing in something else unless it could top my current preference but P&C is a gold mine for wealth of knowledge and good advice! Your suggestions are duly noted good sir. (y)

Ah that's good to know as I recall one version stayed locally made whilst the others went off shore. (y)

I'll admit I like many had my reservations once Stan moved on but the quality and variety of metals has always look appealing but now I have an idea which one to aim for if I decide I need a new shiny bit of gear... :unsure:
Take a leaf out of @StratMan’s book and quit this sabbatical nonsense tonight!

If anything I'd only get the Lupo95 as an alternative to say a WR2 .95 as found it shaved quite mild and that way I can focus my attention on the WR1 that I prefer. I'm more inclined to go for a WR 1.35 but that's another topic and in all honesty not convinced the $$$ beats say a R41 for efficiency or Rocca for smoothness & comfort... Plus @rhodes96 rates it highly ;)

so far the rocca is king of smoothness and comfort for sure and def best bang for buck i have found so far

Me too, although after nearly 4 or 5 years of sabbatical I'm finding I come here less and less as I only understand the conversations about vintage hardware and software.
/Last signed on several months ago.
Hi, welcome back :)
I would happily keep going, but my BAD is calling to me. And the siren call of certain vintage software... :whistle: ...and while I'm at it, I could do with topping up my stash of blades. My cunning plan is to lay in supplies to keep me going into my 70s (12 years time). I don't want to commit to buying up much more than that, as I might not be around to enjoy it, and the money might be better spent on whisky. :p

"If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink."
(Vivian Stanshall)

Don’t some formal sabbaticals have rules where you can make any necessary purchases on January 1st?

must of been a deep rabbit hole u fell in a few years ago
Razors 4, 1 of which I sold, and now I just alternate between a Fatboy and a Slim.
Soaps - I got piffed a few different soaps, and stocked up on some lovely highly mentholated soaps, but not that many. I just find I don't need anywhere near as much soap per shave as many here use.
Blades - I did splurge here on a few thousand vintage blades early on, many of which will last me 8 shaves or more before needing to be changed. So if I shave every other day I probably have enough for 60+ years!