Post-sabbatical thoughts of 2021 sabbatees?

Hi @StratMan took some trawling but finally found the razor that almost converted me to ATG was CB Karve with SB "E" plate.
I was not able to get DFS+ WTG on the neck and the razor itself just naturally lead me to ATG below the jaw and WTG above.
I think @Blackie was a daily driver ATG with "F" plate or maybe "G"

I’m no Errol, but have used both razors.
The winner is clearly the Rocca. It has a real smoothness and “that” ping sound when I go ATG is something special! I’m like you, usually I do a WTG pass followed by 1 or 2 ATG passes.

My use of the lupo 72 is that it wasn’t smooth in use. It’s not bad, but I also think blade choice played a big part on how this razor felt. The Rocca on the other hand, isn’t as picky with the blade choice.

Shows my thoughts when I now say I’ve sold my lupo 72 and regularly enjoy the Rocca. If I had to recommend another razor to you, I’d suggest looking into the Above The Tie Windsor with probably an R1 or H1 plate. @nav1 would concur I’m sure.

Indeed I would agree regarding the Windsor.

If I recall, @StratMan prefers higher efficiency razors so I'd suggest the Windsor SSH1.

It's smooth as butter but highly efficient for my dark, coarse Indian ethnicity beard!!

I'm having trouble reaching for any other razor. Since getting the Windsor, I've sold off my Rockwell T, Tatara Nodachi, Alpha outlaw, my red and blue Rockwell 6S, and 6C razors.

I also had the SS and AL Windsor Pro. Sold both as the original Windsor blew them out of the water!

Note:
The original plates (SSM1, SSR1, SSH1) have been discontinued so it's while stocks last.

Hi @StratMan took some trawling but finally found the razor that almost converted me to ATG was CB Karve with SB "E" plate.
I was not able to get DFS+ WTG on the neck and the razor itself just naturally lead me to ATG below the jaw and WTG above.
I think @Blackie was a daily driver ATG with "F" plate or maybe "G"

hey there @Holiday i have used the karve brass once before but only up to the D plate, certainly felt I needed to go up one from there. I was quite impressed and was going to buy one until I used the WR1…

then that opened up a very deep rabbit hole, I’m still apparently falling in

hey there @Holiday i have used the karve brass once before but only up to the D plate, certainly felt I needed to go up one from there. I was quite impressed and was going to buy one until I used the WR1…

then that opened up a very deep rabbit hole, I’m still apparently falling in
giphy.gif

hey there @tim33z ... yes i have read this on another forum where the same user went out and grabbed the 95 and said the 95 was indeed smoother than the 72, which they themselves found strange as their preference was for milder razors, as is yours.. so nice to have that confirmed.. but then again heard the opposite, so the only way to know what works for me is get both and find out

I totally agree with you on the Rocca, it is still my #1 razor in my den and that trumps both the WR2 1.25 and the Timeless 95...

@nav1 and tim thanks for your suggestion for the windsor, but for now its a bit late for me as i have ordered both the 72 and 95 lupos.. i know i have fallen off the wagon but ive managed to get back up (for now) i will certainly keep that in mind on my next fall :)

hey there @tim33z ... yes i have read this on another forum where the same user went out and grabbed the 95 and said the 95 was indeed smoother than the 72, which they themselves found strange as their preference was for milder razors, as is yours.. so nice to have that confirmed.. but then again heard the opposite, so the only way to know what works for me is get both and find out

I totally agree with you on the Rocca, it is still my #1 razor in my den and that trumps both the WR2 1.25 and the Timeless 95...

@nav1 and tim thanks for your suggestion for the windsor, but for now its a bit late for me as i have ordered both the 72 and 95 lupos.. i know i have fallen off the wagon but ive managed to get back up (for now) i will certainly keep that in mind on my next fall :)

Fair enough.
I just hope you can get the SSH1 at that time. For those that want high efficiency, the new 0.8mm plate is a notch down from the SSH1 0.91mm plate.

Good work on getting both. An easy enough razor to sell again if one or both don’t meet your requirements.

Is that just me and @Razor Burn left now? :eek:
Appears so as my almost getting a Pearl Flexi has been put off due to uncertainty and the fact I have received excellent shaves using a Minora/Red & White Blade in my favourite DEs.

I have my eye on a Wolfman early 2022 plus some Blue Devil soaps and a brush from @TroyTools, otherwise too many items bookmarked to track what I want or really need. I hope to add more of those blades but also have a decent supply that won't use itself anytime soon.

Don't begrudge anybody who's broken their Sabbatical and wish those still going extra strength and resilience as plenty of appealing gear out there to enjoy! :) Not too mention people doing things tough so shaving gear its really a priority for some... :(

Indeed I would agree regarding the Windsor.

If I recall, @StratMan prefers higher efficiency razors so I'd suggest the Windsor SSH1.

It's smooth as butter but highly efficient for my dark, coarse Indian ethnicity beard!!

I'm having trouble reaching for any other razor. Since getting the Windsor, I've sold off my Rockwell T, Tatara Nodachi, Alpha outlaw, my red and blue Rockwell 6S, and 6C razors.

I also had the SS and AL Windsor Pro. Sold both as the original Windsor blew them out of the water!

Note:
The original plates (SSM1, SSR1, SSH1) have been discontinued so it's while stocks last.
I've seen great praise for the ATT Windsor range and yes its made overseas but judging by the consensus here, its a hidden gem. Not that expensive so one that's high on my radar when I decide I need a new DE... :unsure:

I've seen great praise for the ATT Windsor range and yes its made overseas but judging by the consensus here, its a hidden gem. Not that expensive so one that's high on my radar when I decide I need a new DE... :unsure:
Absolutely! It’s a brand that was never on my radar until a member here had a slant for sale. A few uses of that and my interest in the Windsor became reality. Such a well made and excellent razor. Different plates so you can find what works, or get one of each and have options. Highly recommended by me.

Absolutely! It’s a brand that was never on my radar until a member here had a slant for sale. A few uses of that and my interest in the Windsor became reality. Such a well made and excellent razor. Different plates so you can find what works, or get one of each and have options. Highly recommended by me.
I'll admit reading your praise previously convinced me to think about it as an alternative to the more lucrative offerings and the multiple plates is quite appealing for a decent price! (y)

don’t discount the lupo yet mate.. I have a habit of enabling ;)
If anything I'd only get the Lupo95 as an alternative to say a WR2 .95 as found it shaved quite mild and that way I can focus my attention on the WR1 that I prefer. I'm more inclined to go for a WR 1.35 but that's another topic and in all honesty not convinced the $$$ beats say a R41 for efficiency or Rocca for smoothness & comfort... Plus @rhodes96 rates it highly ;)