Sabbatical For 2022?

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable idea to me. I lost one of my dogs to a snake just over a month ago, and it's a sad wrench to have to buy food for just one. I've spent about a grand on shaving accoutrements (and then some) in the last week, but I'd give it all up and grow a beard to have that little dog back. :cry:
Got my mother a dog for Christmas and she lives alone, his name is Max’s

6 weeks of 2022 left. How long did you last?

Still going. Anyone keen for 2023?
giphy.gif

Still going. Anyone keen for 2023?
Well done (y)

I'm on for 2023. :unsure: I had a handful of splurges this year, topping up my supplies of Valobra(/C&S) before it became total unobtainium, and way more than enough Yardley to scratch that itch, plus a couple of @TroyTools brushes (one of these is in the works at the moment), all of which I consider just reward for last year's restraint.

I'm happy with everything I have right now, so I'm content to let next year be another fallow year.

I could perfectly go one whole year without getting any software (so long as you evil people stop pointing me towards APR unobtaniums), but I can't see myself not getting more straight razors. I just love restoring these bloody things.

I haven't bought anything for a few months now as this time of year money is usually pretty tight. I just reregistered my Jeep for only 6 months to get it out of the October / November period as every bill I have seems to come in at the same time.

So, I'm in for 2023 as I'm going to buy myself a new gaming computer next year so my money will be going to that.

I could perfectly go one whole year without getting any software (so long as you evil people stop pointing me towards APR unobtaniums), but I can't see myself not getting more straight razors. I just love restoring these bloody things.
I'm thinking the same way Stefan. I can go without more soaps etc but when I see a lovely, tired old razor I just gotta show it some love. 😊

6 weeks of 2022 left. How long did you last?
I lasted almost half the year until @CraigE shut up shop so I had to grab some last minute supplies with the rest of the year spent using up existing soaps and enjoying my current kit.

I missed the Charity Auction so didn't get a chance to scope a prized item with only one recent addition made after moving on a couple items that weren't get much attention or spares.

Barring a lotto win I see 2023 being very quiet as I keep going through blades, soaps and finally finishing some splashes that are taking up way too much space in my collection...

I missed the Charity Auction so didn't get a chance to scope a prized item with only one recent addition made after moving on a couple items that weren't get much attention or spares.

I was so annoyed that I missed being able to bid in what would have been my first Charity Auction since joining the forum due to incoming bills. I was really looking forward to it and should have put some money aside. Next year's auction will be the break in the sabbatical I think.

Next year I'll have my 60th birthday. I didn't really notice my 50th, but somehow this next one sort of brings home that I've more years behind me than in front. So with that in mind, I aim to run my stock of soaps down to a handful or so (not including backups), but I shall not pretend that I don't "need" another brush or two. But that can easily wait until 2024... :unsure: