Sabbatical For 2022?

Next year I'll have my 60th birthday. I didn't really notice my 50th, but somehow this next one sort of brings home that I've more years behind me than in front. So with that in mind, I aim to run my stock of soaps down to a handful or so (not including backups), but I shall not pretend that I don't "need" another brush or two. But that can easily wait until 2024... :unsure:
I can always point you to one or two Spanish brush makers. I just found out that a guy who is, basically, my absolute reference at scale making, has made a few brushes as well.

Bloody hell he's good.....

I can always point you to one or two Spanish brush makers. I just found out that a guy who is, basically, my absolute reference at scale making, has made a few brushes as well.

Bloody hell he's good.....
Just what we need, another master enabler! 😉

Since you ask so nicely....

Cask

Metal

Barber

Ceramic

Curvy

Cask 2

Wood

Laia

Ride the Lightning

These are all made by a good friend of mine. He likes unusual things.

The next ones are the other guy's first foray into brush making, they're all in kirinite, a material he uses extensively for his scales.

Kirinite
I like his style especially the cask and Laia, very unique.

Also looks like he is incorporating screw on cap so you could replace knots. A design I have been entertaining but why change knots when you can just buy MOAR brushes :)

BTW Kirinite link would not open

BTW Kirinite link would not open
Here you go:

Y1ESiVJ.jpg

Nice, and definitely original. (y)

Bummer I don't have access to instagram, because, I don't use it enough.
You can always create a throwaway or pseudonymous ID just to access stuff you want to see. Doesn't mean you need to grace them with your presence ever again, or tell them anything meaningful about yourself. Just sayin'...

You could also use it as an opportunity to feed FB/Instagram with a whole load of blatant misinformation just to help make their datamining totally worthless.

Incidentally, Mme Gargravarr quoted a post a few hours ago to the effect that "if someone tells you that you don't need any more art materials, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life."

I got a stony, eloquent silence when I said "well you should understand about my shaving brushes then". :D

Also looks like he is incorporating screw on cap so you could replace knots. A design I have been entertaining but why change knots when you can just buy MOAR brushes

Not really, it's purely an aesthetic choice. The knot is still glued.