September 2016 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up this brush about a week and a half ago and have not got around to posting some pictures. The brush is extremely luxurious and has really soft bristles (that are already starting to hook at the tips quite nicely) but still has enough backbone for face lathering. I will be keenly comparing to the two band version that is also on it's way. I have some otehr brushes coming also but I suspect that they will be worlds apart from this in terms of softness.

RoV3MaE.jpg

PKRNLbN.jpg

uZH4FKM.jpg
Awesome brush. I love my Thater and that one looks amazing . What size is that?
Would love to hear your opinion on the difference between 2 band and 3 band.

Awesome brush. I love my Thater and that one looks amazing . What size is that?
Would love to hear your opinion on the difference between 2 band and 3 band.
That is a 4125/1 @Psmith so a 24mm. Definitely looking forward to comparing with the 2 band. Unfortunately I am pedantic with handle colour and therefore have had to wait :ROFLMAO:

Some more Beauty & Bees products - some alternatives with a focus on scalp health:

I was curious about one of the samples - Apple Silk Clarifying Rinse powder. Seems you mix with water to make it up.

Promoted on the website as 'As a traveller you will love this as it is portable and not liquid!' - yeah, cause I would not want to travel with 100ml of liquid, I would prefer to be carrying a small plastic baggie of white powder ...

Wow, I never thought that this product would pop up here. I have been sitting on buying the middle one for days but wasn't sure if it would be any good. Please let me know how it goes for you.

Well my mail call beats your one @todras (despite it being very nice!) -

Not quite the 'Excellent' condition as in the listing IMHO but then again I'm a little [lot] OCD ...

IMG_4353.jpg

Travel brush and a couple of samples. The chrome handle has some weight to it. Not ideal for travel I guess, but feels good and solid!

IMG_4356.jpg

A very very generous PIF from @todras ! The Cade scent has a big thumbs up from the missus, so that's a good start already.

bf53a01586a6b9ba0517b188d0387681.jpg

My first foray (purchases) outside of Shaver Heaven. Well excluding Tabac and MWF which were the first soaps I bought. Since then it's been all shaver heaven.

I really do prefer to buy Australian, and the price of these whilst not ridiculous, is quite a bit more the Shaver Heaven so the decision to buy has been pending for months. Since I sold some gear I decided to bite the bullet. I bought via @thestraywhisker so my guilt has been somewhat evaded since I am still supporting an Aussie.

@Sxot, nice purchase. Would like to know your thoughts on CK soap.

I used it today. Happy with my purchase...and only used once but on a post card;

Scent is nice and strong, but not overpowering, softer when lathered. Lather was not as dense and I am used to (Shaver Heaven) but this was my first run at it. Easily hydrated, slickness was very good but didn't linger on the skin after the razor has passed as much as I would have liked. Protection - tick. Easily hydrated producing ample quantities of drippy lather. No complaints on the container. Under fulfilled to allow for easy loading/lather building. Will see how it improves as I get more time with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.