September 2016 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
-G9ZI3hY7FCL6M5pKXRuP8blguqyq7B4WGN_edP6mPV28tglebMWJlXxLvu7MKol7zqxm9c4gmakstLCu-IknfOAHyhkjVoViCbSEbsCYa39XYKEUUdW3K8Tvrg7_q2F8JibeimFl5PExOx7QwzaIZFt69g3RurBYD-qxyJ3d1oinRewZNEewltwXIXox7KcvnM1TDZtNAzLoDLBZzgtfILQpjAxcmTQjrJdBDfQbB_fGPtkOcSiE37bTf_ZU6XL9BMJtMVb0y9wlY-oWE1YYRod2y9o4xEciZA6S3qiCEcRO5KMu3EXEMQCLqedtw01U3Gd84QA1tLcSuC-xPzo2jz6_0YBbZMCLXTx8ELu2C-j1-vFcKy1z3sIuw4AoAF2Y6wD2IstL72bVh6_qkDP7KnQF0cWJkm64uXOk9xsN0PD2JRGgkHty5E168RytDSyLKrvf5SzR_CV_uZ44OhCnBXoiI5a9U2o3fx4SgiSeSsu0rRa_x2-Ec7Cb6F-Hp5KZgseGNNVzXkbbPL6ZC7kWwwYBqAw709944WOOYN3rxUaAS3vdlrG0z3Omn8gsYsiiSrECSEU3kATcnZs2RQREwYu4TAtzhOMUS86M0KwSGhWSyWw=w1431-h708-no

NOS Bismarck 49 - 6/8 full hollow, yardle yardle....

I could have sworn I heard my Japanese razors muttering epithets like "Mutton dressed as lamb", "Strutting bloody peacock" and "The looks are the only sharp thing about it". I shudder to think what the reaction of @bald as Russian razor brigade would have been.....

Jokes aside she is an absolutely perfect specimen, and my friend @Mark assures me I am in for one the shaves of my life when I use her for the first time :)
Beautiful. Watch the jokes start flying when the Bismark engages with a lather of Spitfire. Although for history aficionados, swordfish would be more appropriate.

My son just put his Fat Boy through them Razor Emporium and it came back like new I cast my evil eye over it I thought maybe one side of the blade doors was not quite right but I need to look again to see

I looked at them, but it runs to around $174 AUD for the service, excluding postage to and from the US, which is around another $40 both ways.

Just letting you know these guys are specialized repairing and revamping Fatboy and Adjustable they've been doing this for many many years

@todras - another replating option worth considering is SportShaving.com

The guy's name is Nick, and he's a jeweller who enjoys restoring razors. His work is really meticulous - I had a pair of Gillette New razors replated by him, and the costs were reasonable and the result flawless. He can do Nickel, Rhodium, Gold, Rose Gold etc. I got him to plate the different parts of the razors in different metals, like handle and cap in Nickel and baseplate in gold. The only negative is that he's in Louisiana, which means round trip postage..

He does a lot of Fatboys and Slims, so he knows the mechanisms very well.

Io5nepn.jpg

Inkwell stand mail call from @shavetheman for my Colossus.

kZYR7ag.jpg

A couple of generous P&B samples arrived from @Benjamin too which I look forward to giving a run :)
Awesome piece of metal - and you know how much metal excites me. I have just tried both those soaps for the first time, and they are both great. As I've said in previous posts, I admire soapmakers who push the envelope and create unusual scents. Performance is also top notch, as many have already attested to on the Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.