September 2016 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh FFS!
Am I the only one to receive cut down boxes?
You know what?
Stuff them, I've tried to afford them benefit of doubt and the ability to rectify their mistake, yet they refuse to even accept there's an issue.
Time for PayPal!
Are the blades themselves damaged in any way? If not I really fail to see the issue. Nowhere on shaving.ie are these listed as coming in the 25 pack box. It's entirely possible that the packs you received had already been opened and separated to be sold as smaller lots.

Are the blades themselves damaged in any way? If not I really fail to see the issue. Nowhere on shaving.ie are these listed as coming in the 25 pack box. It's entirely possible that the packs you received had already been opened and separated to be sold as smaller lots.

But we are all a little OCD here and like things 'neat' and 'just so' :)

g2ixVfZ.jpg

Mail Call from Michelle at Mystic Waters!

'Irish Traveller' not unsurprisingly is her take on Irish Tweed from Creed, I bought this on the off chance it would go head
to head with Stirling's 'Sharp Dressed Man' and from smelling the puck I would have to say it may even better it.

Coconut Sandalwood, which was a limited edition and sold out fairly quickly, came about based on user requests on another forum,
but there is talk of it making a return. It's one for Sandalwood fans (which I am) and the addition of Coconut works very well, it pairs with Stirling's
Island Man splash I have been told.

She offered and I accepted the offer of 4 free samples so I went with Orange Spice, Coconut Verbena, Windjammer
and one other whose name escapes me.

I had mail call from Michelle at Mystic Waters yesterday as well:

1 x Coconut Sandalwood
1 x Irish Traveller
1 x Bergamot, Cedarwood & Juniper
1 x Poggio del Pini
She also put some samples.

Hopefully she will be making more Coconut Sandalwood.

Couple of parcels waiting for me when I got home from work yesterday. New Scuttle thanks to @HGpottery I gave it a test run last night and whipped up a great lather. And cant forget about the new butterscotch brush and pack of NOS blades from @Mark1966 nice brush gave it a run last night worked great but since buying a semogue boar I think I prefer Boars now

ik1QZ2El.jpg

I understand that but these were not sold as four sticks of 250 but as five packs of 200.

Yes - one wonders why!

Hey - Happy shaving :)

I really must try some of those Mystic Waters soaps. @alfredus please keep me in mind when you next order as I would like to buy a couple of tubs if that is OK (I think I said the same with Mikes HaHa and will probably say the same with Stirling LOL).

Shoot me a PM and I will send you some 10gm sample tubs of what I have if you like ...

@nav1 also received his still boxed as well as some one else.
I think @TomG and I are the only ones that didn't.
@Nightguard they're a discontinued item.
Original packaging and its condition are part of their value.
I specifically ordered a multiple of 250 to avoid them being broken down.
Put it another way, an original Star Trek/Wars figurine would still work with out its packaging, yet you would be insane to remove it from original packaging.
I've asked for them to at least send replacement boxes flat packed in an envelope, along with the missing tucks as a solution, yet even that is beyond their ability!
Heck, if it came to it, I would of shelled out another bob for a new box they fit in if advised that's the case!

No me too
Oh FFS!
Am I the only one to receive cut down boxes?
You know what?
Stuff them, I've tried to afford them benefit of doubt and the ability to rectify their mistake, yet they refuse to even accept there's an issue.
Time for PayPal!

I guess no surprises from me then :D :D :D

Mail Call:- Today from The Stray Whisker received

1 The "Howitzer" 303 Stainless Steel Safety Razor Handle for me - And I really love this handle already attached to my Fatip head ready for shaving tomorrow (y);)
100 Ladas Super Stainless for me and @alfredus how many shaves do you normally get from this blade :unsure:
100 Voskhod for a friend of mind learning into wet shaving
1 The "Long Tack Sam" 303 Stainless Steel Safety Razor Handle for a friend of mind learning into wet shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.