September 2016 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mail Call:- Today from The Stray Whisker received

1 The "Howitzer" 303 Stainless Steel Safety Razor Handle for me - And I really love this handle already attached to my Fatip head ready for shaving tomorrow (y);)
100 Ladas Super Stainless for me and @alfredus how many shaves do you normally get from this blade :unsure:
100 Voskhod for a friend of mind learning into wet shaving
1 The "Long Tack Sam" 303 Stainless Steel Safety Razor Handle for a friend of mind learning into wet shaving
@SpeedyPC which Fatip do you have i have been trying to find a handle for mine that fits, mine is the Nickel Grande.

@cranky I have both the Fatip Nickel Grande and Piccolo the handle does attached the "Howitzer" 303 Stainless Steel Safety Razor Handle.

And when I try the The "Long Tack Sam" 303 Stainless Steel Safety Razor Handle it doesn't screw on properly because the thread hole is a little too wide is about 1.0mm wider than the "Howitzer".

FYI:- http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...11392bf84c0bb17dd97e171&p=7081337#post7081337

The handles I have are below:- (keep in mind some handles do and don't fit on a Fatip depends on the thread diameter size because the Fatip or handles thread vary during production)

MR5 Handle (doesn't fit for Fatip Grande & Piccolo),

iKon OSS Handle (does fit for Fatip Grande & Piccolo),
iKon Bulldog Handle (does fit for Fatip Grande & Piccolo),
iKon Bamboo Handle (does fit for Fatip Grande & Piccolo),

TSW Howitzer Handle (does fit for Fatip Grande & Piccolo),
TSW Long Tack Sam Handle (doesn't fit for Fatip Grande & Piccolo),

Weber Razor Classic Handle (does fit for Fatip Grande & Piccolo),
Weber Razor Wave Handle (doesn't fit for Fatip Grande & Piccolo),
Weber Razor Bulldog Handle (doesn't fit for Fatip Grande & Piccolo),

Last edited:
@cranky I have both the Fatip Nickel Grande and Piccolo the handle does attached to a The "Howitzer" 303 Stainless Steel Safety Razor Handle.

And when I try the The "Long Tack Sam" 303 Stainless Steel Safety Razor Handle it doesn't screw on properly because the thread hole is a little too wide is about 1.0mm wider than the "Howitzer".

FYI:- http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...11392bf84c0bb17dd97e171&p=7081337#post7081337

The handles I have are:-
MR5 Handle (doesn't fit for Fatip Grande & Piccolo),

iKon OSS Handle
iKon Bulldog Handle
iKon Bamboo Handle

TSW Howitzer Handle
TSW Long Tack Sam Handle (doesn't fit for Fatip Grande & Piccolo),

Weber Razor Classic Handle
Weber Razor Wave Handle (doesn't fit for Fatip Grande & Piccolo),
Weber Razor Bulldog Handle (doesn't fit for Fatip Grande & Piccolo),
Thanks @SpeedyPC so to sum up the "Howitzer" 303 Stainless Steel handle does fit the Fatip nickel grande, but not the "Long Tack Sam" 303 Stainless Steel handle i thought the threads on the TSW website are all the same pitch thread going by what Razor head there supposed to fit.

Thanks @SpeedyPC so to sum up the "Howitzer" 303 Stainless Steel handle does fit the Fatip nickel grande, but not the "Long Tack Sam" 303 Stainless Steel handle i thought the threads on the TSW website are all the same pitch thread going by what Razor head there supposed to fit.

@cranky keep in mind some handles do and don't fit on a Fatip depends on the thread diameter size because the Fatip or handles thread vary during production they are never the same across the board.

@cranky FYI below ;)

qLLVqd8.jpg

Looks Better than the standard handle
t2712.gif
yeah baby looking forward to a great test spin tomorrow.

just tried all the handles that i have none of them fit, EJ, Muhle, Ikon Bulldog, ATT.

m0905.gif
Sh#t I don't know what to say, as I said before they're vary from production without a proper quality control I feel really sad for you @cranky

Contact TSW and see what they can do to help you either replace the handle or used a plumping white thread tape to you're Fatip thread trick, I guess I'm lucky with my "Howitzer" Handle.

Last edited:
A week away + an earlier flight home = a trip to the post office before it shuts and ...

It follows on from a couple of trades with @stillshunter recently -

SH v2 Tallow Lilth and Sudsy Soap Company Citrus and Bay in the trade.

The remaining 270 Scottish Perma Sharps - cause you can NEVER have too many baldes

A missing link in my Krumholz reading collection, worth a glance or two

Some wonderful Stirling samples in a pass around from @todras - many thanks!

From the wonderful Con (@shavetheman ) & Kim from The Stray Whisker, beautifully packed as usual -

Pre/Post Shave Oil in Citrus and Bay by the Sudsy Soap Company - will use as a post shave oil with their soap to see how this works

Local Gent Tobacco Lounge - to see how good this is (and I'm on a tobacco thing at present) and have some for the PCTB4

A Bren for me and one for @stillshunter - and they look WONDERFUL!

A B&M Cologne Russe set - gifted through Con for the PCTB4 by a wonderful, generous member here! Not sure if I can name you but THANKS (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Sabbatical? Did somebody say sabbatical? ...

A week away + an earlier flight home = a trip to the post office before it shuts and ...

It follows on from a couple of trades with @stillshunter recently -

SH v2 Tallow Lilth and Sudsy Soap Company Citrus and Bay in the trade.

The remaining 270 Scottish Perma Sharps - cause you can NEVER have too many baldes

A missing link in my Krumholz reading collection, worth a glance or two

Some wonderful Stirling samples in a pass around from @todras - many thanks!

From the wonderful Con (@shavetheman ) & Kim from The Stray Whisker, beautifully packed as usual -

Pre/Post Shave Oil in Citrus and Bay by the Sudsy Soap Company - will use as a post shave oil with their soap to see how this works

Local Gent Tobacco Lounge - to see how good this is (and I'm on a tobacco thing at present) and have some for the PCTB4

A Bren for me and one for @stillshunter - and they look WONDERFUL!

A B&M Cologne Russe set - gifted through Con for the PCTB4 by a wonderful, generous member here! Not sure if I can name you but THANKS (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Sabbatical? Did somebody say sabbatical? ...
Enjoy the Perma Sharps. I think I'm on shave number 7 with one at the moment. Still going strong.

IMG_4300.jpg

Mail call!
These guys finally arrived. :) They look like they are on a totally different level to any (admittedly not that many) soaps that I have used before.
Gonna lather great with my boar brush that is breaking in nicely. Happy days!

DSC_0275.jpg
DSC_0277.jpg
DSC_0278.jpg
DSC_0279.jpg

Just got these pics of my new brush. It's going to be a long couple of weeks till I get this from Peter.

Wow - very nice!!!

I'd be paying for overnight delivery ;)

Hey - Happy shaving :)

DSC_0275.jpg
DSC_0277.jpg
DSC_0278.jpg
DSC_0279.jpg

Just got these pics of my new brush. It's going to be a long couple of weeks till I get this from Peter.
Stunning @Psmith - congratulations (y)

What knot did you choose?

DSC_0275.jpg
DSC_0277.jpg
DSC_0278.jpg
DSC_0279.jpg

That is an exceptionally beautiful brush, I particularly like the colour of the handle. It speaks to class and understatement.

Status
Not open for further replies.