September 2017 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
21476387_10212337176418104_1890123294_n.jpg

this is the new scuttle with a test lather, whipped up a mountain of cream maybe over done the soap but great lather compared to what i was getting with this soap before ,the brush is a cheap boar that is doing ok

Knots arrived today. Four days from China. These are some amazing knots. Photos dont do them Justice.

2vrmX8J.jpg

Left to right,
28mm 2-Band fan, 28mm 2-Band bulb, 26mm High Mountain White fan, 26mm High Mountain White bulb, 28mm Silvertip fan. On the right is a 24mm Pure & a 24mm Black.
4ghei71.jpg

27Zx362.jpg

They are so soft and vey dense. Can definitely feel the difference between the HMW and the Silvertip. Even the pure and black grades are incredibly soft.

Great product that
I was sure after reading all of you and after opening it, well, smells really nicely. I like it, and also, the packaging is very cool too!.
BTW have you try your new scuttle? I have it also on my radar (a blue one)

I was sure after reading all of you and after opening it, well, smells really nicely. I like it, and also, the packaging is very cool too!.
BTW have you try your new scuttle? I have it also on my radar (a blue one)
Not yet, just arrived today :)

21430414_1548808515157290_6566297986505543014_n.jpg

My TurnNShave brush :) I asked Milton to give me his spin on an ever ready 100T in white and transparent green with a 24mm gamechanger/boss knot set to a 53mm loft. Haven't had a proper go with it yet, but the tips feel lovely, but I might have gone a couple mm low on the loft. Time will tell. I think it looks gorgeous either way :LOL:

WOW
Looks so awesome!!
Let us know how it performs!
You should have picked up the chess piece brush with the same knot while you were at it :D

WOW
Looks so awesome!!
Let us know how it performs!
You should have picked up the chess piece brush with the same knot while you were at it :D

It is a great looking piece indeed! Milton really captured the retro vibe I was after. I like the knot so far, it's super dense and scrubby, but not scritchy. Not as soft as my black and white synths, but really nice nonetheless. I think in hindsight I went a couple mm lower than needed on the loft, but it still performs really well (just the splay is a touch small).

fghYQsU.jpg

In a US lot I finally picked up one of 40 Delor De Treget soaps released as part of the STL meetup and it's only been used once.

The rest of the stuff hits the BST when I get around to it :)

Will save it for OCtober in a few weeks

It's DEcember all year for me, the way it should be. I don't approve of all this overly progressive word play, I don't see it leading to anything positive..I mean, look what happened to bloody brush handles for goodness sake...it's like a teen disco or an illegal rave with them these days!

It is a great looking piece indeed! Milton really captured the retro vibe I was after. I like the knot so far, it's super dense and scrubby, but not scritchy. Not as soft as my black and white synths, but really nice nonetheless. I think in hindsight I went a couple mm lower than needed on the loft, but it still performs really well (just the splay is a touch small).

I did the same with my black/white fan from Milton. I had it set to 55mm but should have left it at the standard 58mm!

Status
Not open for further replies.