September 2017 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
20170913_035431.jpg

Been waiting on getting the new APR aftershaves and couldn't hold out anymore despite already owning 6 bottles of elixir! Popped Lixiviant on now to try out straight from bed and wow. It's even better than I remember from the sneaky sample sniff I had with @TomG.

I actually thought that Coeur de Vert would be a little "greener" than it first seems but I'll try it on the skin after my morning shower.

Hilariously, the balm is actually for a female friend who is addicted after I gave her my complimentary sample from the travelling box. I don't do balm. She decided to take a tour of my den to presumably make fun of my shaving addiction. She ended up fascinated and wanting products too.

I actually thought that Coeur de Vert would be a little "greener" than it first seems but I'll try it on the skin after my morning shower.

You will get the French Hay ,Clover and the Oakmoss straight away (especially in the EDP where they are just fantastoc) and then during the dry-down the basenote of the Fougère which over 30-40 minutes will give way to the mousse de saxe sweetness.

While I adquired it in late september, the synthetic yaqi brush arrived today :D

vhVScmQ.jpg

@sealer what size knot and loft height?, I went to check online for yaqi brushes this model is not available ?? Also I'm looking forward to your review feedback during your shaves (y)

@sealer what size knot and loft height?, I went to check online for yaqi brushes this model is not available ?? Also I'm looking forward to your review feedback during your shaves (y)
knot 24 and loft 53 (+- 1 mm according to the specifications. I don't know where is my calliper for measuring xD).
This model is out of stock or discontinued... I jump on it as i read on the website that there were only 3 left available. I can access some information of it on this link that states that it is out of stock:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bla...32827664580.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.T21dxb

i have already used it (with APR CdV) and I am happy, but it is my first synthetic, so there is no previous background or experience to compare. I'll give some trials with different soaps/creams and for letting myself get more used of it and then I will be able to say something more properly :D

@sealer was eyeing that particular brush a month ago and was too slow to make a decision.
Really interested in the softeness vs scritch. As I like a little scrub but not too much. Most synthetics are soft and some have alittle scrubbing action like the new tuxedos.

@sealer was eyeing that particular brush a month ago and was too slow to make a decision.
Really interested in the softeness vs scritch. As I like a little scrub but not too much. Most synthetics are soft and some have alittle scrubbing action like the new tuxedos.
I'm planning to face lather tomorrow, but still, I'll need more uses before can say anything properly. I assume synthetic brushes does not need time and uses like some fur ones to reach their best workflow....

I'm planning to face lather tomorrow, but still, I'll need more uses before can say anything properly. I assume synthetic brushes does not need time and uses like some fur ones to reach their best workflow....

Also a face lather hence the synthetics. No soaking required, quicker drying, cheaper or break in time. Though they do get softer overtime like any fibre as they break down but me thinks you'll be long gone before that happens.

HjFurMu.jpg

First part of the Gifts'n'Care order landed, along with my Brut and Pino Silvestre from Chemists Warehouse. Back row is TOBS Jermyn St Bath/Shower Gel and Floid Suave (Mentholated) with a free pre-shave oil which will be interesting to try out, I have heard good things about it.

A few new things expected from Chatillon Lux this afternoon, fingers crossed :)

Today the tubs of TOBS rose and Shaver heaven 1st anniversary I got from @Clarky arrived safely.
I wonder if there is somewhere around in the forum any thread with some specifications of the scent and aromas of the Shaver heaven 1st anniversary

No one bought Andy by Hamish at CW then?
AH_SO.jpg

HjFurMu.jpg

First part of the Gifts'n'Care order landed, along with my Brut and Pino Silvestre from Chemists Warehouse. Back row is TOBS Jermyn St Bath/Shower Gel and Floid Suave (Mentholated) with a free pre-shave oil which will be interesting to try out, I have heard good things about it.

@todras you must be the best smelling thing around!

HjFurMu.jpg

Will be interested to hear your thoughts on the Valobra Fougere bath soap.

@SpeedyPC and @RustyBlade, the manufacturer (yaqi) contacted me back and told me that they made a first round of 9 units, and that the bigger batch of it will be available in late september. that's plenty of time to think about it, and besides, its beautiful and is cheaper than a couple of pints :D

@SpeedyPC and @RustyBlade, the manufacturer (yaqi) contacted me back and told me that they made a first round of 9 units, and that the bigger batch of it will be available in late september. that's plenty of time to think about it, and besides, its beautiful and is cheaper than a couple of pints :D

@sealer last question while I'm thinking about getting some Tuxedo brushes from Yaqi, do they accept PayPal payment as I don't like giving my credit card details online.

mmm, they do accept a large bunch of paying methods (from credit cards to Western Union) but Paypal is not on the list as far as I know, there are a lot anyway. All payments are processed through AliPlay, that's their own platform.
I'll probably buy a bigger one latter in the month to cheaply try huge brushes, so if you want to buy one and the payment method is an issue for you, we certainly could arrange a way (ie, I got both and we fix ourselves and I post to you your choice, but only if you are in Aussie at that time or have an Aussie address to post, sending it from China to Oz and then post it to UK would make it much expensive and a pain in the ass to wait for it )

Status
Not open for further replies.