Shave of the day 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried forever to find a blade that was somewhere between an Astra and Feather.

Failed.

Found I prefer comfortable over sharp, and let my experience do the rest.

14th on the astra today and still fine.
Tabac and merkur.
2 more weeks on the road and then will break out my straights for Christmas.

14th on the astra today and still fine................

Am seriusly considering rescinding my offer of sending you real blades.

........I can't handle it any more! Ybbor, PM me your address and I'll post some real blades out to you. Christ, I've become a Razormonsta clone. I can't handle that either

I just couldn't handle you posting that you're now in your second year with the same Shick blade.

Am seriusly considering rescinding my offer of sending you real blades.

I just couldn't handle you posting that you're now in your second year with the same Shick blade.

Yet he fails to include, that the beard is coming along nicely ;)

First time looking at this site via a web page, have normally been on tapatalk. I find myself teased by seeing RM's blade reviews but all I can get access to is how its calculated. Help please lol.

I normally toss an Astra at 14th day, but just to try I am going to press on for week 3. Todays shave actually felt better than day 1!

P.160 Morbido
Simpsons 10 in Best
34C Merkur
Schlicky (some amount)
alum
MARCO! and Stella ASB

Great shave again. The Schlicky is no Astra though by the sounds of it!

P.160 Morbido
Simpsons 10 in Best
34C Merkur
Schlicky (some amount)
alum
MARCO! and Stella ASB

Great shave again. The Schlicky is no Astra though by the sounds of it!

P.160 Morbido + Simpsons 10 in Best = Great shave!!!!

Derby
# 16 Aristocrat
Simpson Special 1 in Pure
Ingrams cream

The menthol Ingrams was a nice choice...as unfortunately I managed to get sunburnt while watching the V8s in Sydney over the weekend :-(

Probably be the last shave with the Derby. My opinion of these remains unchanged- I'm not a big fan.

16 and alls well. (Astra). Tabac was a bit dry. Add water all good! Love the smell.

You're actually shaving with your straight aren't you and just running the astra around afterwards for a wind up!

Busted! :laugh:

Haha nope seriously I get ages out of an astra in a merkur futur shaver. When I started wet shaving all the advice I had was a blade should last ages, didn't know people binned them after a few shaves until I started reading the forums.

16 and alls well. (Astra). Tabac was a bit dry. Add water all good! Love the smell.

Fairy floss whiskers or skin like a Rhino or of course both (anyone checked the zoo register to see if there is a Rhino called ybbor who grows delicate pink whiskers)

Last edited:
Regardless of our sledges, colour me impressed.

Ybbor might actually save money wetshaving unlike the rest of us AD, blade discarding wannabes!

Seriously all try and push a blade to a week at least. I find I get ingrown hairs or razor burn nd then i toss a blade.

My life is way too short for either of those things... For 20c every 3 days or so (top whack... I have lots of blades that work out to 2.5c per blade) to be ingrown free and razor burn free - I'll buy that.

Most I typically push a blade to is 5 shaves. Usually around 3-4 is the sweet spot for me though.

#16 Aristocrat
Gillette blade (can't remember which, from one of those old style cream coloured dispensers).
TOBS Sandalwood
Simpson Colonel XL2

Near perfect combo with the above, and a great way to start what will be a long day...

Haha fair enough.

Today 17 thank you astra. and all good from the travel kit! Looking forward to home tho.

View attachment 514

I know what's going on! You're on the road, forgot to pack any extra blades and you're pretending you're actually getting a shave because you really haven't got another option.

I've got a pack of Astras, filed with my other pile of unremarkable, average blades. I'm getting one out and I'm going to push it to twenty shaves. Make that thirty shaves! What the hell, I'm not going to ever change blade again ever. I'm giving my carefully and patiently collected stash of blades away to charity.

Status
Not open for further replies.