Shave of the day 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what's going on! You're on the road, forgot to pack any extra blades and you're pretending you're actually getting a shave because you really haven't got another option.

Also I dont believe he has ever said this has all occured with the same Astra blade - he has a pack by the look of the photos.

Last edited:
Hahaha I took 5 blades for a 4 week business trip. However half way through week 3 and still on the first blade. I also still have the razor set on the mildest setting.

Normally I prefer the feather blades, however the Smoothness of the astra blades i really enjoy. As Drubbing said he hasn't found the sweet spot between an astra and a feather blade.

I used a dorco twice and I couldn't get though one shave and tossed the remainder of the pack.

Everyone is scared of ybbor! :eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg:

His shave-fu must be powerful!

Too damned right we are. I sent him some voodoo blades. If he suddenly stops posting you'll know why.

Anyhow.....coupla shaves

One of my Frankenbrushes
Last squeeze of a tube of Tabac (don't fret have just received a couple more tubes)
Good ol' bakelite with Shicksa (I'll let you know when I've reached shave No 60 with this one)

Vulfix boar/badger
Irisch Moos stick (man this stuff is nice)
Bullet tip with GEM SS (f**k knows how many)

All good

Last edited:
Just ran out of Cella. Not to worry, just breakout the other 200g I had stashed away after splitting a kg with Jug 18 months ago.

I wrapped it in greaseproof and now it's that straw yellow colour. Should have listened to that arsehead Marco and cryovaced it in a nuclear proof container and stashed it a monitored temp controlled fridge in the basement in the dark...

Still smells like Cella, still works great, hasn't gone off. Just prefer my white soaps to be white. Now I need to plough through this and get a fresh tub, no more kg's for me. With work, overloading the brush and neglecting all others, I should be through it in 14 months...

Last edited:
I've got a tub you can have. Used it a couple of times. Actually that's looking a bit yellow. Is it pure white to start with? Still stinks of marsipan. Hard to shave and control stomach spasms.

I've still got mine too Drubs, I haven't used it yet.

I put mine in a plastic snaplock container, its a bit yellow.

I've got a tub you can have. Used it a couple of times. Actually that's looking a bit yellow. Is it pure white to start with? Still stinks of marsipan. Hard to shave and control stomach spasms.

I'll swap you for a thrice used puck of TOBS sandalwood. Already yellow by default...

I'll swap you for a thrice used puck of TOBS sandalwood. Already yellow by default...

That'll be great but I got the Cella as a PIF (can't remember from who) so there's no need to swap if you have any plans for the sandalwood.

Oh and 18th same same. The smell of tabac this morning made me almost order a new puck..... But I have years and years if soap to use up!!!!

No plans........

To be honest I've got no plans for it either. Got way too much soap/cream as it is. Not sure I'm sold on Sandalwood either. Let me know where/when we can catch up. Or I can leave it in the letter box. Won't fit through yours. Had to almost hammer the Wee Scot through that one.

Last edited:
To be honest I've got no plans for it either. Got way too much soap/cream as it is. Not sure I'm sold on Sandalwood either. Let me know where/when we can catch up. Or I can leave it in the letter box. Won't fit through yours. Had to almost hammer the Wee Scot through that one.

I think its a nice one. Rather too subtle for me, the cream is more whiffy. Works nice too, but if I'm going to roll out a hard soap, then Tabac and 2 Harris's are in front of it. I can get there tomorrow or monday, let me know if you're in or whether I just drop...

Nearly out of Tabac too, it's like a mini shavepocalyse round here...

I think its a nice one. Rather too subtle for me, the cream is more whiffy. Works nice too, but if I'm going to roll out a hard soap, then Tabac and 2 Harris's are in front of it. I can get there tomorrow or monday, let me know if you're in or whether I just drop...

Nearly out of Tabac too, it's like a mini shavepocalyse round here...

I'm around on Monday. Just give me an approximate time.

Status
Not open for further replies.