Shave of the day 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
19th on astra. Good shave although just starting to damage skin around Adam's apple. Rest of shave excellent tho.

Frank shave travel brush really breaking in now and in combination with the tabac is giving a really great lather!!

3rd week of no changes, blade, razor, soap, brush, face wash, and balm. Lucky i love the smell of tabac!!

............3rd week of no changes, blade, razor, soap, brush, face wash, and balm. Lucky i love the smell of tabac!!

Used to think it was just Drubbing who was the one blade, one brush and one razor tragic around here. Don't worry Ybbor, we cracked him and you're next.

Received the Aussie-made Gillette Super Stainless from Mark this week, loaded one up this morning in my Slim.

Amazing shave with Proraso. Smooth as buttah, with useable sharpness unlike a Spoiler which is arguably too sharp on the first shave.

I will refer to these in the same breath as Spoilers, Swedes, Silver Blues and Permasharps. Definitely a high end blade.

We are going to have to get a RM seal - some sort of trademark to put on 'approved' blades :amuse:

Seriously - glad you liked them

Received the Aussie-made Gillette Super Stainless from Mark this week, loaded one up this morning in my Slim.

Amazing shave with Proraso. Smooth as buttah, with useable sharpness unlike a Spoiler which is arguably too sharp on the first shave.

I will refer to these in the same breath as Spoilers, Swedes, Silver Blues and Permasharps. Definitely a high end blade.

I used one in my R41 which has a reputation for being an aggressive razor, maybe that's why my experience was different. After a couple shaves it got better but still a bit slicey.

We are going to have to get a RM seal - some sort of trademark to put on 'approved' blades :amuse:

Seriously - glad you liked them

I'm using one in the Progress dialed at 4 and am getting good results, same as RM I am using Proraso - soap though.

Thanks again Mark for the blades.

Ok shave 21 and astra retired. Today was a great shave but I have an ingrown. Going to blame that on the blade.

Tabac still smelling giooood!

Should frame it.
That is Personna 74 territory.

Ingrams
Semogue 830
Merkur 34C
Schlicky (Lots)
Alum
ASB

Schlicky...just a great blade!
Ingrams perfect for the weather
I'll think of you all as I relax in the box watching the cricket today :cool:

And today.

New astra blade,
Futur, tabac, travel brush

Loving the tabac but starting to crave cella!!!! Or my comfort soap Cade

Astra?

Looks like Pj is feeling like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day :p

If only. Groundhog Day and Bill Murray's torture lasts only a few hours whereas this will go on for a month.

When are you back home Ybbor? I can handle three months of Schick reports.

Man I miss Cairns. Had to move for work a few years back. And Darwin just isn't the same.

I always liked Darwin. But I love cairns. And todays shave was ........ Ground hog day!!!!!

Mine was too. But that is because I accidentally grabbed two spoiler blades out of the pack 2 months ago and they have been in the Fatboy and red ring.
About time I made a change too I think.

DR Harris Arlington
Simmo 10
Merkur 34C
Schlicky - The original energiser bunny
Alum
MARCO! & Stella ASB

Schlicky is definitely slightly better for me than the Spoiler. Spoiler is top tier. Schlicky is top tier + 1. I must be near on 10 shaves with this one and it is still smooth and sharp. Easily a couple more left in it unless it falls off a cliff...and that is not Schlicky's bag baby!

Coupla shaves:

Some brush
Frankensoap
Featherweight with GEM SS. First shave with new blade. Excellent shave. Scary as hell as usual

Bakelite razor with Schlicky. Lost count already.

Status
Not open for further replies.