Status
Not open for further replies.
Brush: Frank Shaving badger
Soap/Cream: Caties Bubbles Le Piment de la Vie
Razor: Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Personna Lab Blue [3]
After-shave: Jabonman Brisa de Oriente milk
Scent: L'Occitane Baux

Funeral today for my wife's grandmother. I didn't know her well.
Sorry to hear - my condolences to you and your family

Brush: Semogue 620
Soap/Cream: Cella
Razor: Weber
Blade: Voshkod [3]
After-shave: F/Extra

Didn't get as much protection/cushion as I'd have expected from the Cella. Happy enough by shave's end though. The F/Extra is growing on me...might need to back-up the sample.

Ah Voskhod and Weber - love the combination! How do you rate it? Do you keep your blades just in the razor? I'm asking, because Voskhods can cause some tea stains...

Ah Voskhod and Weber - love the combination! How do you rate it? Do you keep your blades just in the razor? I'm asking, because Voskhods can cause some tea stains...
Yep one blade at a time. I've never bothered taking blades out. My Weber must be weird, no wavy blades or rusting....touch wood.

Yep one blade at a time. I've never bothered taking blades out. My Weber must be weird, no wavy blades or rusting....touch wood.
No, no - nothing to do with your Weber - Voskhods "rust" and leave a stain behind. Every time this has happened, I managed to just wipe the stain off - just getting now too afraid so never leave them in longer than 2 days...sorry for the poor picture, but I think you get the idea. I didn't want to dig too deep in my used blade box.
RustyVoskhodsS_zpsno6j2n7u.jpg

I haven't shaved but I still lathered my face with one of my lesser creams. The whole point is to trick my face into thinking I am shaving, so when I will really shave my face will be off guard and it will be smooth as silk hehehe They don't call me ''The Dandy from the North'' for nothing.

ernestTOP.jpg

20150516_SOTDS_zpss42zpue4.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Vie-Long 13065S-2
Soap: Stirling Scots Pine Sheep
Post-shave: Alum, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Stirling Vetiver alcohol free Witch Hazel

Perfect Saturday morning shave - the brush is 98% there and the Stirling Sheep soap provides even more protection than usual...happy days!

Simply delightful shave this morning. For some reason I missed a shave yesterday. Had to attend to some "stuff". Yesterday my wife said it still looked as if I had just had an electric shave, so figured I'd brave the world unshaven :)
So today.
Razor: Gem Feather Weight with SS Gem blade. [I think this is x4 on this blade]
Bowl lather in my scuttle.Turkish #6 Horse hair brush.
2 pass shave with cold face shower between each.
I have a beautiful brass Every Ready 1924 so could not resist using it for touch ups this morning. I swapped the blade to this razor and wow that thing shaves close. Really close but oh so smooth.
Finished off with a cold water shower and that's it.

Razor: 37c
Blade: Shark Stainless (1)
Brush: Omega S10108
Soap: MWF
Aftershave: Floid Blue

I had to miss yesterday's shave so today's felt doubly good. The Shark felt better on its second run too.

The S-Brush makes MWF such a pleasure to use. The quality of the lather is second to none.

Brush: Semogue 620
Soap/Cream: Latha
Razor: Weber
Blade: GSB [2]
Razor: George Butler 5/8 KEEN
After-shave: Metilsol

second shave with a straight, read more about the scary bit here. For the few strokes I did I must say the Weber and GSB seem to play very well together.

For those unfamiliar these are the GSBs:
wp4d89a539_05.jpg

On the whole not as good a shave today as yesterday. Maybe MdC is a better lather than the Latha after all?

Good shave this morning. I made a new batch modification to my homebrew soap yesterday and I think it worked well. Loaded easily and built a goodly amount of lather in my scuttle using the #6 brush.
DFS/BBS 2 pass with my 1924 Ever Ready with a [x5] GEM SS blade
The 1924 gives a seriosly close shave. The technique with this razor is a bit different to the other GEM razors. Short strokes with just minimal - no pressure. Because of the comb design there is a fair amount of blade waiting to nip you if you don't behave, regardless a quick efficient shave is very easy.
Finished today with a cold water face shower then because it was a new soap a splash of Witch Hazel. No weepers or nicks and no irritation.

Brush: Omega Boar
Soap: Wickham Spice Trade
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Gillete Silver Blue (4)
Aftershave: Alum

First shave with the soap I purchased from @Nightguard (thanks for the additional soap commander soap as well, very generous). The Wickham lathers easily, I bowled lathered this morning. Great scent, that reminds me of Old Spice ( I will have to pick up a new bottle of that). Two pass shave, for me the Merkur 34C is still my favourite razor out of the limited razors I have tried.

First shave with the soap I purchased from @Nightguard (thanks for the additional soap commander soap as well, very generous). The Wickham lathers easily, I bowled lathered this morning. Great scent, that reminds me of Old Spice ( I will have to pick up a new bottle of that). Two pass shave, for me the Merkur 34C is still my favourite razor out of the limited razors I have tried.
Yeah that Wickham Spice Trade sounds rubbish. I feel bad for your having wasted the money, so let me know how much you squandered and I'll recompense you and alleviate you of the constant reminder.

Razor: 37c
Blade: Lord Super
Brush: Omega S10108
Soap: Cella
Aftershave: Proraso Green

Cella/Proraso Green AS is one of the great combos. They are made for each other.

37c/Lord Super is a new combo for me and another sublime coupling.

Last edited:
6/10 shave tonight.
Proraso
FS badger
Feather on 2
Fatboy exec
Speick A/S

Admittedly it has been s few days since my last shave but I thought a feather blade that had been broken in would be the perfect thing to scythe through a little growth but it tugged and pulled and generally didn't feel comfortable.
No ouchies, and feels smooth enough. I think I'm just not a fan of feathers. I have one more left from my original sampler pack I bought 3 years ago. I doubt I will be buying more.

Sunday 17 May 2015

201247d1431864082-sun-may-17th-sat-may-23rd-sotd-17052015.jpg

Mastro Livi RWL34, 9/8 Full Hollow, French Point

Mastro Livi shave is always a luxury shave. I am very fond of this RWL34 straight razor, to me one of the very best stainless steels for making razors. It has the right aggressiveness while providing a wonderful close and deep shave, requiring the lightest hand. I also like this French point, a very effective style in some spots of the face. The whole shave has been done with Simpsons shaving products: not so bad, in particular the shaving cream.​
  • Pre-Shave: Simpsons Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Simpsons Luxury Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Voigt & Cop - High Mountain White Badger - Maple Burl - 24 mm knot
  • Bowl: Gerby Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi RWL34, 9/8 Full Hollow, French Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Simpsons Aftershave Balm

Status
Not open for further replies.