Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you like the Pink?
It's a great A/S, one of my favourites. Almost fragrance free though, low on alcohol so it doesn't really burn and it leaves my face feeling very nice.

And these?
Only my second shave using one so I"m reserving my thoughts but so far, damn good.

Oh and this too?
(I feel it's got a stronger scent than v2)
A little stronger on scent than the V.2, but it's only my first shave with it. I've got both V.2 and 3 so I'm keen to see how they compare. V.3 is a bit drying on my skin post shave but it lathers up nicely. Very happy with it so far.

A little stronger on scent than the V.2, but it's only my first shave with it. I've got both V.2 and 3 so I'm keen to see how they compare. V.3 is a bit drying on my skin post shave but it lathers up nicely. Very happy with it so far.
Washpool what? Have I been sleeping under a bridge? Never heard of these fellas. Hmmmm.....
Honestly where did they come from....YKW? Had a little read and they sound decent but not easy to find. Wow!...are we talking MdC league here?

Washpool what? Have I been sleeping under a bridge? Never heard of these fellas. Hmmmm.....
Honestly where did they come from....YKW? Had a little read and they sound decent but not easy to find. Wow!...are we talking MdC league here?
Hell no!! But so far, so good. I'm finding the scent to be very similar to the Handmade Soap Company shaving soap. But a lot better performance wise.

Hell no!! But so far, so good. I'm finding the scent to be very similar to the Handmade Soap Company shaving soap. But a lot better performance wise.
@stillshunter there is a thread here we started a while back.

I actually found the post-shave to be excellent. Post-shave performance and for sensitive skin was what Melissa from Washpool Soaps was aiming at. I think she hit those two hard, but it's not exceptional across the board. The scent is far too low for my liking, but it's what she wants. It's her first shaving soap (hence v2 and v3) but she's been making soaps for a while I believe.

Brush: Semogue Mistura
Soap: Soap Commander Courage
Razor: Valet Auto Strop OC
Blade: Feather FHS-5 (3)
Aftershave: Thayers Witch Hazel & Fine American Blend

A quick 2-pass just so that I can be presentable at my high rise concrete bunker. Courage and Fine complimented each other quite well.

It actually depends on the gift. Sometimes sending a simple gift outside Italy is such a pain! Cosmetics and alcohol products, in particular.
That is sad to hear :(

Preshave: Proraso Green
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89L
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless
Soap: Shaver Heaven Neroli
Post Shave: Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel followed by Nivea post shave balm.
A two pass shave with a clean up. Nice result. The Neroli scent is really coming through now that I have used the soap tree times. Not a good blade for my beard but it did the job.
20150709_073911 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr

Preshave: Proraso Green
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89L
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless
Soap: Shaver Heaven Neroli
Post Shave: Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel followed by Nivea post shave balm.
A two pass shave with a clean up. Nice result. The Neroli scent is really coming through now that I have used the soap tree times. Not a good blade for my beard but it did the job.
20150709_073911 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr

Nice one mate. That's still my favourite brush....none better once broken in (yep after 30+ shaves). I agree those Russian Gillette 7 O'Clock Greens - are damned nasty. But I'd encourage you not to ride off The Greens completely, if you can find the Indian Gillette 7 O'Clock Greens (think they're called Permasharp Stainless if my memory serves) then you've passed through another door completely. Lovely blade!

Nice one mate. That's still my favourite brush....none better once broken in (yep after 30+ shaves). I agree those Russian Gillette 7 O'Clock Greens - are damned nasty. But I'd encourage you not to ride off The Greens completely, if you can find the Indian Gillette 7 O'Clock Greens (think they're called Permasharp Stainless if my memory serves) then you've passed through another door completely. Lovely blade!
Ordered some Permasharp supers off ebay recently and waiting for them to arrive but I will keep a lookout for the Permasharp Stainless as well. Have used the brush a dozen times and it is getting better with each use, it has such a nice face feel to it and no issues lathering up any soap.

Not the OC!!! Look at that blade gap. You expect limbo dancers to pop out.

But of course that's not the OC but the Clog Pruf. It's been a while since last I saw one. Same blade gap but with a semi closed comb. Still pretty aggressive in my book.

Pre-Shave Musgo Spiced Citrus Oil Soap
Brush The Grooming Co Synthetic
Soap B&M Latha
Razor Gillette Super Speed
Blade La brune française Wilkinson Sword, fabriqué en Angleterre (10)
Post Shave Proraso Green Pre-shave, Dickson's Original Witch Hazel & êShave Orange Sandlewood After Shave Soother

Decided it wasn't cold enough in Melbourne this morning and needed a bit of menthol kick, so added the Proraso Green to the post shave. Had a bit of trouble getting enough water for the Latha with the synth and face lathering. Reckon I'll go back to the bowl where I have much more control.

Had a bit of trouble getting enough water for the Latha with the synth and face lathering. Reckon I'll go back to the bowl where I have much more control.

I just add 3-4 drops of water onto the brush and work it in to orbit planet face, another 3-4 drops and work it in with a reverse orbit on planet face, repeat orbiting until no further orbits required.

Status
Not open for further replies.