Blade: Personna Med Prep (2)
Aftershave: Thayers Witch Hazel and Fine L'Orange

Preshave: Proraso Red
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89L
Blade: Permasharp Super
Soap: Shaver Heaven BayRum
Brush: Semogue 1305
Post Shave: Proraso Green
Great shave today, the brush continues to impress and I am a big fan of Shaver Heaven soaps. They make shaving so much easier and so enjoyable. Bowl lathered with a small amount in the bottom and had so much left over.
20150715_075013 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr
20150715_082103 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr

Great shave today, the brush continues to impress and I am a big fan of Shaver Heaven soaps.
How many times have you used the brush now?

Soap: Shaver Heaven Green Tobacco
Brush: Simpson Duke 3
Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Personna Med Prep (3)
Aftershave: Thayers Witch Hazel and Fine American Blend

Damn fine shave this morning. Damn Fine. The months of using SE's have conditioned my face to the Merkur Slant just beautifully.

MEMO TO OUR NEWEST MEMBERS - If you haven't already come across Shaver Heaven soap then I strongly recommend that you add this quality product to your shopping list. Made in Australia by our very own @Anthony and exported to the United States and Europe. There is sure to be a scent that you will like. It lathers up beautifully and has great slickness and cushion.

lKvaW5P.png

Brush: Frank Shaving Silvertip
Soap/Cream: Occams Original
Razor: Merkur 45 Bakelite (Thanks @Mark1966)
Blade: Feather [2]
After-shave: Myrsol Antesol
After-shave: Razorock Aftershave Wax

First go with the Merkur 45 Bakelite razor. Light as a feather! Shave was smooth and comfortable.

Great to pull out the Occams again. Shaver Heaven (@Anthony) and Occams (@Occams) are both fine Aussie soaps. I highly recommend them both!

Pre-Shave Musgo Spiced Citrus Oil Soap
Brush Vie-Long Horse Hair 13066
Soap Strop Shoppe Via dell'Ambra
Razor Merkur 34C HD
Blade La brune française Wilkinson Sword, fabriqué en Angleterre (15)
Post Shave Dickson's Original Witch Hazel & Argan Oil
Aftershave Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

A lovely shave this morning as I got up early to have the bathroom to myself and was able to go slow and enjoy the shave. The brune WS is ready to be retired, I could probably force another couple of shaves out of it but don't want to wreak a good thing. Thanks to @Monsta_AU for giving me the chance to try a vintage blade.

I wasn't sure about the Clubman Special Reserve just from the bottle but really like the scent once it has a while to settle on the skin. Lovely smoky leather frangence.

MEMO TO OUR NEWEST MEMBERS - If you haven't already come across Shaver Heaven soap then I strongly recommend that you add this quality product to your shopping list. Made in Australia by our very own @Anthony and exported to the United States and Europe. There is sure to be a scent that you will like. It lathers up beautifully and has great slickness and cushion.

I second this - for the same (or less) than the price of most soaps at MensBiz, Shaver Heaven gives a wonderful lather and has some great scents.

I wasn't sure about the Clubman Special Reserve just from the bottle but really like the scent once it has a while to settle on the skin. Lovely smoky leather frangence.

A man of class, style and sophistication!

A lovely shave this morning as I got up early to have the bathroom to myself and was able to go slow and enjoy the shave. The brune WS is ready to be retired, I could probably force another couple of shaves out of it but don't want to wreak a good thing. Thanks to @Monsta_AU for giving me the chance to try a vintage blade.

Surprised you stretched it to 15 actually, so a bloody good effort in my book. You have a few more to play with, so don't use them all at once!

Last edited:
Today's shave was a combo shave with the straight and the SE. Today I managed at least 90% of the face with the straight and it was many magnitudes easier today. Now I'm not saying it was SE easy but not as hard as expected. I did the lower lip to the cleft of the chin and "most" of the upper lip. Down over the chin to the Adam's apple worked out fine as well. Just couldn't overcome the idea I was going to injure myself tackling those remaining two areas so called it a day at 90% straight and finished just those remaining bits with the SE.

My face is a bit warm so I used too much pressure on the blade but you learn. It isn't bad by any means just a warm glow.

Brush Plisson - was going to use the Badger but cough! cough! I don't mind this girlie make up brush :) @Nick the Knife
Soap - latest recipe
Razor - Straight 66 from @Mark finished off with my SE.

Steve

20150715_SOTDS_zpsddjw5nj9.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman WR1-SB with WRH2
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (2)
Brush: Paladin Chief
Soap: Barrister & Mann Ferox
Post-shave: Alum, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Stirling Vetiver alcohol free Witch Hazel

Perfect shave - sadly (for me) the last with Ferox. Decided, that I will donate a B&M soap as well, but wanted to try it out one last time...

Perfect shave - sadly (for me) the last with Ferox. Decided, that I will donate a B&M soap as well, but wanted to try it out one last time...
"As well"? Is this your generous "Congratulations on using and loving your wet shaving gear I got you a while back" gift to your good friend?
You're a real decent bloke. [emoji106]

Razor: Micromatic Open Comb
Blade: Gem (3)
Brush: S10108
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Aftershave: Cella Eau de Lavande

Lovely shave. This is my last SE blade until my shipment from Connaught arrives. It gave such good performance and comfort tonight that I reckon I'll use it for a fifth shave tomorrow. Finished with Eau de Lavande. How good is this stuff? It's simple, timeless, classy. It's very much in the same vein as, and probably even better than, the excellent Myrsol Agua Balsamica.

Brush: Chubby 2
Razor: Ever Ready 1924
Blade: Gem Stainless
Soap: B&M Latha
A/S: Yardley Gentleman

Damn good shave today. Big thanks to @bald as for organising the 1924, it's certainly a lot more aggressive than either my 1912 or featherweight but after finding the right angle it gave me one of the closest shaves I've ever had. No nicks, no weepers, just very smooth and close.

Status
Not open for further replies.