Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Draco Noir I think @alfredus gives more more credit than I deserve :LOL: . But it is fun. When I settle on my "formula" I will make it available to any one who PM's me that wants to have a go at making a shave soap. I do it for fun, not as a business so want to respect those who go to the trouble and expense in researching and marketing their soaps.

Steve

I'll let you know when I'm making the next batch. I still need a dedicated tester :) More lime you say?
Someone say LIME ?
A touch of menthol as well (ok for me it's a touch, for others, that's full body numbing).
Consider this a PM in lieu ;)

I'll let you know when I'm making the next batch. I still need a dedicated tester :) More lime you say?
Just a bit more and I am waiting - impatiently :D :D :D

And please disregard @booked - menthol might work in toothpaste, but certainly not on skin ;)

681175.gif

Pre-Shave L'Occitane Cade Shaving Oil
Brush Frank Shaving Silvertip
Soap Dr. Dittmar Shaving Soap Flakes
Razor Gillette Slim H4
Blade Gillette Silver Blues (1)
Post Shave Dickson's Original Witch Hazel & Argan Oil
Aftershave Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

Basically a duplicate of Saturday Night's shave - except I switched from Persona Lab Blues to Gillette Silver Blues and I didn't have a glass of red wine after the shave this morning.
The Dr. Dittmar is an easy to lather soap, but I probably had too many flakes as the last pass was a little "gritty". The scent is very mild, completely overwhelmed by the Cade shaving oil on the first pass. Lovely smooth face feel post-shave though.

Shame. Red wine on a Monday before work always makes the week go better in my book.

That said I am going off the red recently, preferring something cool and crisp these days up here.

Ummm, haven't you heard the old saying @eggbert?

Red wine in the morning - shepherd's warning.

Red wine in the night - shepherd's delight.

At least something like that anyway ...

(Not too sure what it means either)

Ummm, haven't you heard the old saying @eggbert?

Red wine in the morning - shepherd's warning.

Red wine in the night - shepherd's delight.

At least something like that anyway ...

(Not too sure what it means either)
And IGP = afternoon delight?

Brush: shavemac #177
Lather: Simpsons Lavender & Vertivert
Razor: AS-D2
Blade:
Feather (5)
After Shave: Shea Moisture AS

Scuttle in a Canberra winter is the ticket. Sweet, sweet warm lather.
4469804273_b2ec431582.jpg

First time lathering with the Simpsons (see what I did there?). Not bad, but I think I could have went wetter. But that scent! I've had my fair share of vetivers in the past. Tried to like that scent profile but failed miserably each time. But this. This is so nice. Such a great balance between the lavender and the vertivert. Not sure who on here keeps banging on about this Simpson's cream but he's might just have a point. On ya @Monsta_AU

Razor: Star 1912
Blade: Personna Gem (2)
Brush: Omega S10108
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Aftershave: Myrsol Agua Balsamica

2.5 passes for a FGS (frigging good shave). I've been experimenting with a bit of skin stretching. I don't stretch with DEs as I find it uncomfortable and it has lead to bumps. I think the more acute angle of the SE blade benefits from stretched skin though. I'll keep exploring this.

Status
Not open for further replies.