Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
SWs7cHV.png

Brush: ShaveMac #177
Soap/Cream: Caties' Bubbles Barnegat Bay (Thanks @SydBJW)
Razor: Standard Razor (Black)
Blade: Feather [2]
After-shave: Captain's Choice Bay Rum
After-shave: Stirling Bay Rum Aftershave Balm

The sample of CB's Bay Rum courtesy of @SydBJW is fast disappearing... [emoji26]

SWs7cHV.png

Brush: ShaveMac #177
Soap/Cream: Caties' Bubbles Barnegat Bay (Thanks @SydBJW)
Razor: Standard Razor (Black)
Blade: Feather [2]
After-shave: Captain's Choice Bay Rum
After-shave: Stirling Bay Rum Aftershave Balm

The sample of CB's Bay Rum courtesy of @SydBJW is fast disappearing... [emoji26]
Ahhhh the Standard, a bloody good razor!

Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Simpson 'The Duke'
Soap/Cream: Vintage Penhaligon's English Fern
Razor: Weber Polished Head on Bulldog Handle
Blade: NOS Vintage Personna 'Frenchie' [1]
After-shave: Herbal by Shulton

Classic shave with BBS finish. The Pens really is just wonderful and the Vintage Personna worked really well, very smooth shave.

Finished off with the Herbal (thanks @borked) - an interesting blend. Not sure what I think yet.

BTW - does anybody speak French -

Looking forward to shave after luxury shave ...

To find the absolute mildness of a new blade every shave with the same Persona Stainless, do not wipe the blade - instead rinse the razor and shake - that is all.

I love those little plastic boxes that each 5 pack comes in.

Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Simpson 'The Duke'
Soap/Cream: Vintage Penhaligon's English Fern
Razor: Weber Polished Head on Bulldog Handle
Blade: NOS Vintage Personna 'Frenchie' [1]
After-shave: Herbal by Shulton

Classic shave with BBS finish. The Pens really is just wonderful and the Vintage Personna worked really well, very smooth shave.
Tut tut! For Mr Aussie Gillette who has one of the largest collections of vintage razors in the world there is something missing in this shave!!! [emoji12]
(I know the Weber is discontinued but it's not vintage yet!)

To find the absolute mildness of a new blade every shave with the same Persona Stainless, do not wipe the blade - instead rinse the razor and shake - that is all.

Merci!

I love those little plastic boxes that each 5 pack comes in.

Yes, but what to do with them when you have used all the blades?

Tut tut! For Mr Aussie Gillette who has one of the largest collections of vintage razors in the world there is something missing in this shave!!! [emoji12]
(I know the Weber is discontinued but it's not vintage yet!)

LOL - I thought of that myself after the shave. Would have been better with a Slim ;)

Pre-Shave Musgo Spiced Citrus Oil Soap
Brush Frank Shaving Silvertip
Soap B&M Latha
Razor Gillette Slim H4
Blade Gillette Silver Blues (2)
Post Shave Madre Labs Unscented Witch Hazel (alcohol free) & êShave Orange Sandlewood After Shave Soother
Aftershave Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

Not sure what went wrong today but couldn't get the lather right. Way too bubbly - looked like I was trying to shave with dish washing liquid rather than shaving soap. Hopefully the Frank just needs a good clean or my technique was off. Will try some test lathers tonight - hopefully I won't have to go back to canned goo.
Still managed an okay shave with the weak lather and the Clubman Special Reserve helps to lift my spirits afterwards.

Sounds like you may have started off too wet with that latha.

I wet the brush - shake it out, then load for about 10-15 seconds. Apply to face and build the lather up, adding a little water here and there if/when required.

Not sure what went wrong today but couldn't get the lather right. Way too bubbly - looked like I was trying to shave with dish washing liquid rather than shaving soap. Hopefully the Frank just needs a good clean or my technique was off. Will try some test lathers tonight - hopefully I won't have to go back to canned goo.

Sounds like too much water in the brush or on top of the soap. Shake it out HARD. You want to slowly add the moisture to the brush.

Sounds like you may have started off too wet with that latha.

I wet the brush - shake it out, then load for about 10-15 seconds. Apply to face and build the lather up, adding a little water here and there if/when required.

Sounds like too much water in the brush or on top of the soap. Shake it out HARD. You want to slowly add the moisture to the brush.

Been a while since I've used the silvertip, hopefully it is just the amount of water. I'll try a couple of test lathers tonight with the silvertip and the horse hair and see if I can get the lovely latha lather back

Been a while since I've used the silvertip, hopefully it is just the amount of water. I'll try a couple of test lathers tonight with the silvertip and the horse hair and see if I can get the lovely latha lather back
Silvertips will hold more water generally, and are also much softer and are not great for soaps because they don't scrub so well. If you soften up the soap by blooming them then it is generally better but I stay away from soft brushes with soaps.

faoisUc.png

Brush: Ploccitane
Soap: Dr Jon's Anne Bonny
Razor: Kukri No190 11/16
After-shave: Captian's Choice Bay Rum
After-shave: Burt's Bees Bay Rum aftershave balm

You can't go wrong with a shave by a Pirate lady! [emoji12] Dr Jon's knows best.

The sample of CB's Bay Rum courtesy of @SydBJW is fast disappearing... [emoji26][/QUOTE]

I am sure I can organize another generous sample of that soap for you. I seem to have more soap than I can possibly use ;)

I am sure I can organize another generous sample of that soap for you. I seem to have more soap than I can possibly use ;)
Thanks mate. I think we all have more soaps than we can use. [emoji6]

About the only net gain for this country atm is shave soaps, and that is despite @Anthony doing his best to neutralise that.

Status
Not open for further replies.