Not open for further replies.
#SOTD
GEM OCMM
Omega Boar
Catie's Bubbles LTV
Myrsol Antesol
Myrsol Emulsion
Guerlain Vetiver

Can't upload photo. Will need to regain some points it seems.
You will find the thread on how to upload photos under Site Discussion . Great shave would love to see some photos.

Pre-Shave Musgo Spiced Citrus Oil Soap
Brush The Grooming Co Synthetic
Soap Shaver Heaven Toffee Caramel (sample)
Razor Gillette Slim H4
Blade Gillette Silver Blues (4)
Post Shave RazoRock XX Aftershave Milk
Aftershave Myrsol F./Extra

I think I'm going to give up on face lathering. I had read that some find it faster because there is less to clean up. Not the case with me I spend far more time wiping the sink area, so that SWMBO doesn't freak out, than it takes to clean my lather bowl.

The Toffee Caramel has a lovely caramel scent when try but when lathered there are definite nutty things happening. It's not unlike Nutella, just sweeter. Lovely lather as always.
If you haven't tried a Shaver Heaven soap then you owe it to yourself to do so.

Hey all. Totally off topic, but does anyone know where Young Buck has gotten to? I'm trying to get in contact with him re a brush I purchased off him a while ago which was sent back to Shavemac. He hasn't responded to my emails or PMs...

@Lifes a Peach, what's the L'Occitane Verdon splash like? I've eyed it off in the local pharmacy, but haven't got around to sampling it.

Thanks for asking, Draco. It's a very pleasant smelling splash that contains peppermint essential oils. Water is the main ingredient followed by alcohol so it's more of a skin refresher than an aftershave, but it's okay for that too. It's suited for our warm to hot months. A perfect partner for Mikes Peppermint soap that I favour when the temperatures rise.

Nice shave!!

No. We can no longer post pictures directly. You need to use a 3rd party (Dropbox, Photobucket, Imgur, Flickr, etc) and then post the link to the photo. There's a thread around here somewhere with more advice on it.

And now with pictures ...

Bs1FDoq.jpg

Well, @filobiblic or @Lifes a Peach if you want to rid your cabinet of the ho-hum Antiga Barbearia de Bairro , then just drop me a PM - trades and sales offers considered.

Lets not get too hasty, Stillsy. A few more lathers and consultation with some of its fans to work out whats going on. We can talk turkey if my trusted compadres tell me that the soap has soured.

Lets not get too hasty, Stillsy. A few more lathers and consultation with some of its fans to work out whats going on. We can talk turkey if my trusted compadres tell me that the soap has soured.
You're on brother. Just keep me in mind.

Razor: Star 1912
Blade: Personna Gem (5)
Brush: Omega S10108
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Aftershave: Myrsol Metilsol

Six and out! The sixth shave on this blade will be its last. An excellent end result - no irritation and smooth skin - but it felt a little dull during the process. I have 400 blades. Five shaves per blade will take me through to 2021 and I'm cool with that.

Brush: Semogue 1305
Razor: Merkur 37c
Blade: French Nacet
Soap: Catie's Bubbles LPV
A/S: Skin Bracer

Damn good shave today, although I'm pretty sure the French Nacet has just had it's last shave. I can't remember how many shaves it got on it but it's more than 10, maybe 12 or 13? Either way it's good blade and I'm very glad I took a punt on them.
Big thanks to @stillshunter for both the LPV and the Skin Bracer, very much enjoyed both the performance and scent on both of them. Especially the Skin Bracer, it smells just like my first A/S did. The LPV lathered up incredibly quickly and gave excellent cushion and glide.

IMG_1647_zps8mh0plfc.jpg

Brush:
Savile Row
Soap: Shaver Heaven Green Tobacco
Razor: Feather ASD2
Blade: Feather [2]
After-shave: Thayers Witch Hazel and Myrsol Agua Balsamica

My best tussle with the Feather to date. It's just starting to click. Tomorrow morning will be my last hurrah before handing it back to it's rightful and more deserving owner. I'll post my thoughts on the Feather on the weekend.

Hey all. Totally off topic, but does anyone know where Young Buck has gotten to? I'm trying to get in contact with him re a brush I purchased off him a while ago which was sent back to Shavemac. He hasn't responded to my emails or PMs...
Try FB...

I have tried using Floid pre-shave oil twice. It definitely seems to make the skin more elastic, but it also seems to bog down the razor at times. For instance, when trying an ATG pass with the razor at a very shallow angle the oil seems to "grab" the razor, requiring a bit more force than usual to start the stroke. Quite an uncomfortable feeling - I worry that the razor will be difficult to control when it breaks free.

I suspect that there is a big difference between various oils, and that I need something a bit thinner and with less viscosity. Can you recommend a base oil that offers the right properties? Thanks :)

I guess you are talking about Floid Shave Oil, right? If this is the case, this oil is meant to be used as a shave oil and not a pre-shave oil. As such, it should be used alone and not with a soap.
A pre-shave oil is different from a shave oil. There are many oils which can be used as a pre-shave oil, and it basically depends on your skin and the soap you are going to use. In my opinion, good pre-shave oils include castor oil and olive oil.

img_1545.jpg

Myrsol Emulsion
New Forest 1901
Caties Bubbles Barnegat Bay
7 o'clock open comb on Ikon Bulldog
Schick Super Platinum (1)
Homemade Bay Rum AS

First try of these old blades sent by a friend in the states to try. Really nice blade, it's been a while since I had a DE shave but these are nice and sharp and extremely smooth. If they last as well as most vintage blades I'll be hunting some down.

Also this CB soap in the Italian formula is very good, maybe even better than the French formula for me. Very slick and great post shave feel.

Any tips on lathering Mikes? It's a bit finicky
I haven't had an issue but have heard that some have.

I start with damp brush and load a lot then add water in dribblets.

You may find adding some warm/hot water to the top of the puck for a few minutes could help. That water could be used to wash the face with for added soapiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.