Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
4OwFIue.png

Lebelle Honey Crisp
[...]
Nice new to me soap with a fresh kind of apple pie / cider scent. Nice creamy tallow lather with very good slickness. 8th shave on this blade wasn't as smooth but a good end result.
Sounds great. Where'd you source it mate?

Pre-Shave Musgo Spiced Citrus Oil Soap
Brush Frank Shaving Silvertip
Soap Geo F Trumpers Limes Shave Cream
Razor Ikon #102 Slant
Blade Super-Max Stainless (1)
Post Shave Argan Oil & Dickson's Original Witch Hazel
Aftershave Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

Not too sure about the Super-Max, don't think it will last too long.
While shaving with the #102 slant is great, I find that I have to pay attention to my face rather than the razor head. If I focus on the razor head then I tend to adjust my grip so that the razor head is running parallel to the cutting action rather than at a slant like it is supposed to do.

Didn't realise I hadn't shaved since Saturday [well I did] as I've been practising with the straight on the areas I'm getting more confident with. My wife did ask what the new look was all about. Please don't take this wrong but if I had a mo and goatee I would be a straight shaver everyday. There really is nothing stopping anyone shaving with a straight if you have those "growths". The lip and the chin though are a challange but certainly one worth continuing with.

Today was a training session on the straight and a finishing shave with the 1912 and a GEM blade on shave 4 or 5
Soap was a version I've made with Tea Tree oil as a scent. I really think I will be using Tea Tree more often.

Good shave.

20150729_SOTDS_zpsphqwp6pi.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman WR1-SB with WRH2
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (2)
Brush: Paladin Chief
Soap: Barrister & Mann Cheshire
Post-shave: Alum, Ghanese Organic Unrefined Shea Butter, Stirling Vetiver alcohol free Witch Hazel

Perfect shave - nothing really more to add. Time to start using something new...

Brush: Commodore X2
Lather: WSP Black Ambre Vanille
Razor: DE89
Blade: Dorco Stainless (3)
Post-shave: Agua Balsamica
Quite a nice shave. But having shaved with the Dorco and DE89 for three days running I can sincerely say I really miss my AS-D2. While other razors might be sharp and close day to day it takes its toll, while the Feather just loves my face for long time.

20150729_SOTDS_zpsphqwp6pi.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman WR1-SB with WRH2
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (2)
Brush: Paladin Chief
Soap: Barrister & Mann Cheshire
Post-shave: Alum, Ghanese Organic Unrefined Shea Butter, Stirling Vetiver alcohol free Witch Hazel

Perfect shave - nothing really more to add. Time to start using something new...
Well if you insist then I'll take the brush. Just PM me to organise payment and postage.

Status
Not open for further replies.