Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I think you should continue with the 'zen' photos but slip a random object in there to illicit a double take from the viewer...ya know a '78 Vauxhall's fan belt, a sea urchin or a purple sock made of Alpaca hair. Really bring that modernist twist to things.

PS. These SOTD shots have now gotten crazy good.....is it just me or did they really start ramping up when @razorguy started putting his shave-p0rn shots up or even before that! Agree with @Mark1966 that it's not going to cut the mustard to just do a happy snap of your Proraso/Omega/Merkur anymore lest you be heckled & left in the town stocks to have last weeks produce thrown at you!

20150727_SOTDS_zps79e73mmz.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman WR1-SB with WRH2
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Paladin Chief
Soap: Stirling Lavender & Sage
Post-shave: Alum, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Stirling Vetiver alcohol free Witch Hazel

First shave in my den - I choose my favourite gear and was rewarded with an absolutely perfect shave!

Brush: smog 620
Lather: B&M Solarion
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Dorco Stainless (1)
Aftershave: F/Extra

working on @Lifes a Peach theory about using a Summer lather to invoke the feeling of warmth. Well I'd like to say it worked but here in Canberra the coldness that radiates through the window is undeniable. It's just fucking cold! Lather was good but petered out. Obviously need to charge longer than 30 seconds.

Huge thanks to @khun_diddy for the blade samples. First up was the Dorco Stainless. Poor bugger had to contend with a face that was still a little raw from my weekend straight attempt. I thought the DE89 would give it the best chance. Must say it did OK. Was pretty smooth and pretty sharp. I got 85% BBS no problem. So this blade aint a Derby for me. Is it a Feather? I'll judge better tomorrow morning....

Oh how I love Myrsol. I wonder if @filobiblic new local cornucopia of plenty will stock this Spanish ambrosia. If so, put me down for a bottle (and I mean the fancy schmancy Art Deco glass job) of F/Extra, Emulsion and Metilsol thanks. The smell is Floid refined and the face feel is just tops!

30 seconds? I think I am wasting soap loading for 10-15 s

Brush Vie-Long Horse Hair
Soap/Cream Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor
Ikon #102 Slant
Blade Voskhod (4)
Post Shave Dickson's Original Witch Hazel & êShave Orange Sandalwood After Shave Soother

Too freaking cold in the mornings at the moment so I've switched to SOTE instead.
A bit tuggy tonight - think the Voskhod is done. Otherwise another great shave.

First shave in my den - I choose my favourite gear and was rewarded with an absolutely perfect shave!

@alfredus, is that the view from your new den? And what's with the grey clouds - I thought the sun always shone over there ;) Looks like you really did christen the den with a superb shave! Well done, and may it be the first of many in your new abode :)

img_1572.jpg

Proraso Red Pre
Simpsons Duke 3
Lebelle Honey Crisp
Mongoose
Feather Pro (8)
David Beckham Instinct aftershave

Nice new to me soap with a fresh kind of apple pie / cider scent. Nice creamy tallow lather with very good slickness. 8th shave on this blade wasn't as smooth but a good end result.

Brush: Aesop (23mm STF2 synthetic)
Lather: Castle & Forbes Lavender
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Dorco Stainless (2) - thanks again @khun_diddy
Aftershave: Speick

My, my the synth did well with the C&F. That soap produces a jaw-dropping lather. I mean seriously!

Dorco performed flawlessly. Sharper and smoother than I initially gave it credit for. Had a pimple under my lip - no mucking about, no glancing, just took the top off it. No pain until I sealed it with alum...and then styptic since the slicing was too much for mere alum.

Great shave actually!

Status
Not open for further replies.