Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got home at 5am this morning after a work datacentre move last night. Got about 3 hours sleep, feel like a zombie right now.

Razor:
E1 Fatboy (dialled back to 5)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Platinum, England 1Q69 (2)
Brush: Plissitane
Soap/Cream: @Barrister & Mann 'Rhapsody'

This blade is still ridiculously sharp on the 3rd shave. Took the top off a bump and the claret did flow. Alum fixed it up.

Got home at 5am this morning after a work datacentre move last night. Got about 3 hours sleep, feel like a zombie right now.

Razor:
E1 Fatboy (dialled back to 5)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Platinum, England 1Q69 (2)
Brush: Plissitane
Soap/Cream: @Barrister & Mann 'Rhapsody'

This blade is still ridiculously sharp on the 3rd shave. Took the top off a bump and the claret did flow. Alum fixed it up.
Nice. Well it sounds like you're ripe and ready to hit the town mate. You go get 'em tiger!

Razor: Star 1912
Blade: Personna Gem (1)
Brush: Omega S10108
Soap: @bald as Mandarin & Lavender
Aftershave: Myrsol Agua Balsamica

Steve, your latest soap is fan-frigging-tastic! It lathers as easy as pie and the glide and post shave feel are top class! The scent is better than your Lavender & Lime offering. I feel the scent strength has been bumped ever so slightly as well. It's still not the ideal scent combo but this is subjective.

It was wonderful to be back on the SE bandwagon. Life is too short for subpar shaves. Unfortunately, I now know that this is what DEs give me. I'm not trying to incite a holy war. Different razors suit different skin/beard types. In my case though it's really clear that SEs do the best job.

@khun_diddy , I really admire the commercial guys like @Anthony and @Barrister & Mann because making soaps for other peoples noses must be a real pain lower in the anatomy. I like Tea Tree and my preference is to just use that EO. Or make totally unscented. I'm glad you like the soap, I'm enjoying the process of making it in my 500 ml Pyrex jug sized factory.

Steve

I'm glad you like the soap, I'm enjoying the process of making it in my 500 ml Pyrex jug sized factory.

Righto Steve, with a glowing reference from P. Diddy Arko, it's time to send some East. Can we get some prior to the next Sydney meet (16th)??

Pre-Shave @Draco Noir Pre-Shave Oil
Brush The Grooming Co Synthetic
Soap Strop Shoppe Via dell'Ambra
Razor Razorock Stealth Slant
Blade Voshkod
Post Shave Dickson's Original Witch Hazel & RazoRock XX Aftershave Milk

@Draco Noir has yet again extended his generosity and lent me the Razorock Stealh Salnt to try out. So now along with the unobtainium of the Ikon #102 I now have the Stealth added to my wish list of things that aren't available for purchase. It's a bit of a toss-up on which of the slants give the best shave. The #102 probably gives a closer shave (just) but the Stealth is very comfortable to use - the shape of the head makes it difficult to not get the right angle. Both have large heads which make getting up under the nose difficult.

@Draco Noir also gifted me some of his home made Pre-Shave Oil with a Bergamot & Neroli scent. This is a great oil and a lovely scent. Top job Tim.

A lovely shave and now I'm ready to kick back and enjoy Saturday evening

If, and I'm not saying I will, if there is interest in a puck of soap for the passaround box how do I work out a scent for the multitude or do I make Tea Tree or scentless? If it comes to Adelaide I could add it here?

Steve

If, and I'm not saying I will, if there is interest in a puck of soap for the passaround box how do I work out a scent for the multitude or do I make Tea Tree or scentless? If it comes to Adelaide I could add it here?

Steve

Yes it will come to ADL - are you not in?

At present this is my favourite soap and the brush loves it too. Really enjoy the Sunday shave as I take my time and immerse myself in the whole experience. It really is a zen experience.
It really puts a smile on my face to say something like this. I'm glad you have joined us wierdos and you are enjoying your shaves. And I totally get the 'zen' of it too. Most weekdays it's more about getting presentable for work with the time pressures, but the weekend I actually take my time and break out one slightly more special product and enjoy the process.

Have you tried the Wilkinson blade yet? Cannot remember if you had or had not.

Today's shave was relaxing and comfortable. What more could I want.

Prep and lather: Lathered up let it sit for a while then removed the lather with a warm washer and re applied the lather.
Razor 1912 with Gem blade [x5] I think or maybe [6] Anyway it was still good.
Brush Whipped Dog badger. It will be available for sale or trade for a good synthetic soon. It is a good brush but not for me. I'm lazy so cannot be bothered learning badger lathering techniques.
Soap: Tea Tree version made on Friday [?]
2 passes for a very nice DFS and finished with water splash and Macadamia nut oil.

Steve

It really puts a smile on my face to say something like this. I'm glad you have joined us wierdos and you are enjoying your shaves. And I totally get the 'zen' of it too. Most weekdays it's more about getting presentable for work with the time pressures, but the weekend I actually take my time and break out one slightly more special product and enjoy the process.

Have you tried the Wilkinson blade yet? Cannot remember if you had or had not.
It's amazing to find a group of people that enjoy shaving to this extent and understand that granddad knew what he was talking about. Have used the Wilkinson Sword once only and will revisit as I get my technique better. Enjoy the weekend my fellow weidos

Yep @Osman as you can see the standard metric by which we are all measured, the absolute definition of normal, the average Joe, of P&C is @gthomas04 .
...oh jeebers help us all!

Status
Not open for further replies.