Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds (& looks!) an excellent shave.
T'was

Was that just another nudge in the ribs?
Oh what you don't have a 1305 yet?

Hear! hear! Lots of love for @Anthony's shaving soaps here on the forum. [emoji106]
Well I think @Anthony deserves a little more love. We talk a lot more about other offshore soap makers....

That was @Anthony's original version. I haven't tried his latest version of his ASB (I'm sorry!), but it's been getting nothing but excellent feedback. Another winner I'm sure.
Well I hope in a few days I can tell you how the new balm performs mate.

Hear! hear! Lots of love for @Anthony's shaving soaps here on the forum. [emoji106]
T'was
Well I think @Anthony deserves a little more love. We talk a lot more about other offshore soap makers....
Yes, yes, YEEEES!!! Never used a disappointing shave soap from Shaver Heaven. I find some scents aren't as manly (read earth/timber/whiskey/engine oil/blood/broken nose/barbed wire ... ... you get the idea) as the floral and soapy scents, scent being a very personal thing, but as far as quality lather and aiding the blade during a shave (call it slickness or glide), I am left asking, "why would I buy off-shore when this quality artisan is local".

Razor: Mekur 30C
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: Mens-u Synthetic
Soap: Trumpers - GTF
Aftershave: Trumber Coral Skin food

:mad::mad:**Start Rant**:mad::mad:

Right, i have a beef.... I now officially hate this forum & double edge shaving... Now I am going to blame the forum for introducing me to the honemister Mark :cautious: ... Shaving double edge just sucks now that I have used a Gold dollar straight.... Like really sucks, first shave in about 4 I have used a double edge, and found myself thinking "Is this thing working? Did I put a blade in?" :confused:

Fence sitters, if you wanna try a straight edge, do it, you wont regret it. :D(y)

:mad::mad:**End rant**:mad::mad:

Right, i have a beef.... I now officially hate this forum & double edge shaving... Now I am going to blame the forum for introducing me to the honemister Mark :cautious: ... Shaving double edge just sucks now that I have used a Gold dollar straight.... Like really sucks, first shave in about 4 I have used a double edge, and found myself thinking "Is this thing working? Did I put a blade in?" :confused:

Fence sitters, if you wanna try a straight edge, do it, you wont regret it. :D(y)

Yeah you go get 'em tiger!

NSildA2.jpg

Pre-Shave - Myrsol Emulsion
Brush - Savile Row
Soap - Catie's Bubbles Black Bergamot
Razor - GEM Micromatic Open Comb
Blade - GEM (2)
Post Shave - Thayers Witch Hazel and Myrsol Blue

Last edited:

You actually got a lather from a Trumpers soap?

Proraso pre
Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Soap
Semogue 1800 boar
Muhle R41 (2011) "The Beast"
UFO TiTan razor handle
Gillette Yellow blade
Osma Alum block
Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Balm
Triumph & Disaster Gameface
Bvlgari Aqva Marine EDT

My 4th day in a row using this soap. Can't recall ever using a soap so many days straight. Lathers beautifully and leaves a great face feel.

I absolutely love the scent - as does my wife (bonus). It's perfectly complemented by the Bvlgari Aqva Marine EDT from which I've always sensed a salty, aniseed note. The 70th Anniversary balm I'm also enjoying. The trick is to only use a small amount.

The Beast is my favourite razor - no contest.
5HjKnlG.jpg

Training wheels again for me. Half cut throat and half 1912. I really hope I can control the straight well enough to shave fully with it. I have managed close to all facial skin but I'm not keen to rush such a sharp instrument.

Not sure which soap I used as I have neglected to mark the container. Ah well, @alfredus did remind me to keep good records. :)
I bowl lathered using my King Kong Turkish #1 brush and the soap performed really well. So the question remains?

24 hours to go.

Omega 10005
FB Exec
Glacial Obsidian
Vintage Wilky on I don't know how many shaves - must be time to swap out soon.
Aqua Velva splash.

I know the aniseed scent of the glacial obsidian soap may not sound great to some - I was disappointed that I'd ordered the wrong one at first, but from the first lathering up of this soap I've loved it. There is just something about the fisherman's friend lozenge menthol and aniseed hit that really works. I'd say it would be a close call between this and Jabonman's lima incensio as to my favourite soap, with the Stirling effort just shading it for being such a bold, adventurous scent.

Pre-Shave @Draco Noir Pre-Shave Oil
Brush Edwin Jagger Super Badger
Soap Shaver Heaven Coconut Citrus Sorbet
Razor Razorock Stealth Slant
Blade Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Post Shave Dickson's Original Witch Hazel & RazoRock One X Aftershave Milk
Aftershave Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

The EJ Super Badger whipped the Shaver Heaven soap into a wonderful lather. As so many others have noted @Anthony is consistently creating wonderful products at Shaver Heaven. They are easily the equal to any other soap I have used so far. The Coconut Citrus Sorbet has a heavy Coconut scent coming out of the Jar - reminds me of Malibu Rum - but the citrus is very noticeable on the face. I can see where the Citrus Sorbet part of the name comes from as I'm instantly reminded of Lemon Gelato.

Status
Not open for further replies.