Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-Shave @Draco Noir Pre-Shave Oil
Brush Edwin Jagger Super Badger
Soap B&M Latha
Razor Razorock Stealth Slant
Blade Perma-Sharp Super
Post Shave RazoRock XX Aftershave Milk

Met up with @Lifes a Peach and @Draco Noir for lunch yesterday and took out another loan from the @Draco Noir Wet Shaving Lending Library. This time a Super Badger from Edwin Jagger.
This is a lovely brush and feels great on the skin. Much softer than the best badger I've used and a lot more backbone than my Frank Shaving Silvertip. Whipped the Latha into a rich thick lather.
Lost count of the number of shaves I had with the PSS, but it must be at least 5 so I'll change it out for a GSB for the next shave.

Wonderfully relaxing shave tonight. Shaves like this make me glad to have moved to Wet Shaving and gladder to have found a great community at P&C

Razor: Star 1912
Blade: Personna Gem (3)
Brush: Omega S10108
Soap: @bald as MdC Unscented
Aftershave: Myrsol Agua Balsamica

Our regular meet-ups are always enjoyable but today's was extra exciting. Steve brought his interpretation of Martin de Candre Unscented. When I got home I test palm lathered and shortly afterwards I had a shave.

Disclaimer: I should say that I've never used legit MdC so Steve's rendition may be nothing like it. With that said, there's unreasonably simple ease of loading and the glide and post shave are excellent. I spoke with Steve subsequently and we discussed how the glide isn't 'oily' but 'smooth' instead. It's hard to explain.

Some complain that MdC is drying with all the coconut. It is drying, but it's not a problem. The 'cleansed' skin feels wonderful and I wonder if this cleaning aids the shave.

It's my new favourite shaving soap. The @bald as soaps have leapt forward. This puck is perfectly white and paradoxically hard given it is made of pure KOH. Unscented in this case means truly odourless. They say MdC gets better with age so this should be majestic in a couple of months. I can happily leave it uncovered given there is no scent to lose.

I think a dash of lanolin will lead to shaving nirvana.

Razor: Star 1912
Blade: Personna Gem (3)
Brush: Omega S10108
Soap: @bald as MdC Unscented
Aftershave: Myrsol Agua Balsamica

Our regular meet-ups are always enjoyable but today's was extra exciting. Steve brought his interpretation of Martin de Candre Unscented. When I got home I test palm lathered and shortly afterwards I had a shave.

Disclaimer: I should say that I've never used legit MdC so Steve's rendition may be nothing like it. With that said, there's unreasonably simple ease of loading and the glide and post shave are excellent. I spoke with Steve subsequently and we discussed how the glide isn't 'oily' but 'smooth' instead. It's hard to explain.

Some complain that MdC is drying with all the coconut. It is drying, but it's not a problem. The 'cleansed' skin feels wonderful and I wonder if this cleaning aids the shave.

It's my new favourite shaving soap. The @bald as soaps have leapt forward. This puck is perfectly white and paradoxically hard given it is made of pure KOH. Unscented in this case means truly odourless. They say MdC gets better with age so this should be majestic in a couple of months. I can happily leave it uncovered given there is no scent to lose.

I think a dash of lanolin will lead to shaving nirvana.

Thanks for the kind words @khun_diddy - as soon as we have the lanolin I will do a version for you. Possibly our next meet up.

Steve

Pre-Shave Ach Brito Pre-Shave Soap Glyce Lima
Brush Edwin Jagger Super Badger
Soap B&M Latha
Razor Razorock Stealth Slant
Blade Gillette Silver Blue (0)
Post Shave Alum, Dickson's Original Witch Hazel & êShave Orange Sandalwood After Shave Soother

Wonderful lather but felt what might have been a bit of a reaction to the Glyce Lima. Nothing really obvious but a bit of a tingle on my cheeks where I got a bit wind burnt yesterday and today.
Anyone had any reaction to Glyce Lima? I'm guessing it will be the lime oil in the soap

OK @bald as ....I think it is time. This MdC rip-off sounds the goods. I'm happy to pay - for the soap and postage....

Hi @stillshunter it is hardly an MdC rip off as in reality no one really knows their formula. As we agreed today at our meet up none of has ever tried MdC so cannot do any sought of comparison. A friend of mine gave me a formula he was using to make a "similar" soap to MdC which he got from B&B and which I have tweaked in a couple of ways. It is a very simple soap but in saying that percentages have to be right or it is just so so. I would say a large number of Artisan soap makers have their own variations of the "internet MdC recipe" because it does make a good repeatable soap and in saying that a great base soap for experimentation. @khun_diddy is sourcing some lanolin and we may give that a try as well.

If we release the Bald as label I will let you know(y)

Steve

Preshave: Proraso Red
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89L
Blade: Perma-Sharp Super
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Shaver Heaven Alladin
Post Shave: 4711 AS
Two pass shave was very comfortable with no nicks or cuts and left me with a smooth face. The Shaver Heaven soap was so easy to lather and helped in every way to achieve this excellent shave.
20150810_081815 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr

Razor: E1 Fatboy (dialled back to 5)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Platinum, England 1Q69 (6)
Brush: Plissitane
Soap/Cream: @Barrister & Mann 'Dickens'

After a busy weekend of burgers (ate two massive ones on Friday night & yesterday lunchtime), I am glad to be headed back to work.

This English Plat still going very well however the degradation in performance is noticeable now. More than sharp enough but just have to make sure the angle is spot on. I did have a look at the bottom of my Fatboy this morning and noticed that it is indeed a press-cap version, and not a circlip which can be disassembled. Might need to find another one to replate if the one in storage is the same.

This STM Balm is amazing as always - is the website up yet??????

qrcV4oF.png

Brush: Frank Shaving Silvertip
Soap/Cream: Shaver Heaven Heavenly Amber
Razor: Standard Razor Black
Blade: Feather [2]
After-shave: Pitralon Swiss
After-shave: @shavetheman Aftershave balm

20150810_SOTDS_zpsmidjlkkq.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: Mongoose with Above the Tie Kronos handle
Blade: Feather Professional Super (1)
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1 Super
Soap: Bald As MdC Clone Unscented (Soap made and kindly donated by Bald As)
Post-shave: Alum, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Stirling Vetiver alcohol free Witch Hazel

Big shave for me today - first the taming of the Goose continues and today I finally managed to get a blood and razor burn free shave! At yesterday's Adelaide meet-up @bald as generously gave me private coaching lesson in SE's and today I felt like someone with his L plates :ROFLMAO:

@bald as said It's all about the angle and of course he is absolutely right. I find it very hard to get the angle right with the Goose - it is very shallow (handle perpendicular to face) and I had to take extreme care to get it right during all 4 passes. The result was blood and burn free, but still not as close as my favourite DE's - at least I feel like I am making some progress.

The Simpson has been very generously loaned to me by @boldsworth and it is my very first experience with a Simpson. The tips are heavenly soft and of course it is a very dense brush. The backbone is only derived from the density and not from the hair, which very interesting. For me the handle is simply way too small...having said that I am still very excited to give it a real spin in the coming 2 weeks.

I was also very fortunate in receiving a MdC clone soap from @bald as - as he and many others have mentioned before, none of us from the Adelaide group has tried MdC, so I have no idea, how it compares to the original.

I palmed lathered the soap with my WD synthetic and then face lathered with the Chubby. It is a very typical Vegan soap, as you have to use very little water in the loading stage. Else it gets all bubbly and you have to overload to get it back on track (happened with the Chubby). The lather was very slick and creamy, but I couldn't get it as wet as I liked (happened with the Synth) - I definitely need to play around with it some more. It doesn't help, if you tackle a new soap with a new brush as well :oops: - but I just couldn't help myself :D :D :D

oh @alfredus your enabling is extraordinary, I haven't been so driven to get a new razor since....was it last week ;) Seriously mate them Mongooses look so good. How do they compare to a vintage SE?

Brush:
Smog 620
Lather: Shaver Heaven Wasabi
Razor: Mergress (2.5)
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
After-shave: Antesol

90% BBS and 100% FGS!!!
Closest I've ever been so not surprised there was a bit of a tingle.

@Anthony , mate that soap of yours is a damn well top shelf lather!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.