Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long do SE blades last? This is third shave with the blade and it seems even better than the 1st shave

With the 1912 I've managed to get 10 shaves out of that SE blade but I only do 2 passes.

The reason it may have felt like a better shave is your first 2 shaves helped smooth out the rough edges of a new blade. I also find this to be the case with Feather Artist Club SE blades.

Brush: Aesop (23mm STF2)
Soap/Cream: Drogon Noir
Razor: AS-D2
Blade: Feather (1)
Aftershave: Antesol

Honestly, if you don't have a ShaverHeaven soap then grab (at least) one. If you have ShaverHeaven soaps but not a tub of Drogon Noir then do yourself a favour and get this scent - ideal time to add to your arsenal as it's a blue tub that qualifies for @Anthony 's current 25% off sale. That scent. Oh man. It conjures up the 70's for me. I feel my lapels getting longer and my leg hems flare, the sideburns widen, and the hair afros. Mmmm mmmmm. Serious performance here too, best slickness in the business. So just be sure to keep your mind on the job....as my mind often strayed as my vision was accosted by sassy girls in mini skirts and knee socks...meanwhile that blade just keeps on movin'

Preshave: Proraso Red
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89L
Blade: Sputnik Teflon Coated
Soap: St James Mandarin & Patchouli
Post Shave: Proraso Green and Soap Commander Courage Balm
Three pass shave. While the blade was very smooth it was not very sharp so I needed the three passes. The St James performance is on par with TOBS or DR Harris, very good lather. Scent strength a little low. All in all a damn fine shave.
20150824_223917 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr

Some say they get 8 or more shaves out of them. I usually manage about 4-5.

With the 1912 I've managed to get 10 shaves out of that SE blade but I only do 2 passes.

The reason it may have felt like a better shave is your first 2 shaves helped smooth out the rough edges of a new blade. I also find this to be the case with Feather Artist Club SE blades.

Thanks Guys.

Looks like I've a couple more to go then :)

150825_zpsuhcg7zzf.png

Face Wash : Post Shower
Pre Shave : Draco Noir Pre-Shave Oil
Brush : Muhle Black Bristle Synthetic
Soap : Shaver Heaven Summer Breeze
Razor : Puma Friseur Freund No 1 - 5/8"
After Shave : Alum, Styptic, Antiseptic Cream, Sterile Gauze, Hypoallergenic Water Repellant Bandaids

Note to self : (a) Western Straights are significantly longer than Kamisoris (b) Keep razor well away from chin when not actively shaving

The shave started out really well - @Anthony's Summer Breeze with the Muhle brush produced a beautiful lather. The first ever use of the Puma was really impressive - sharp and very smooth. Sadly I spoiled the whole thing by accidentally touching my chin between strokes, with rapid and shave stopping results. Did the Norman Gunston tissue thing, which lasted just long enough to finish the shave properly and then it was into first aid mode until I got the bleeding stopped and the injury dressed. The only good thing about a cut from one of these things is that the cut is a very clean one and will knit together quickly and well.

@Dale.Whiley I might know a place not far from me that stocks it.
Desire me to take a mosey over and gander at their range sometime soon ?
Would procuring any they have upon your behalf be prudent or a premature purchase ?
Probably premature @borked. I was investigating this sometime ago & I have since been seduced by Limes & Peppercorns. Thanks for the offer though.

Thank you for reminding me why I have never tried a straight @Draco Noir !

What's Peppermint Plus like @Nightguard ? Peppermint sounds like an ideal scent with cooling qualities for our summer time.

img_1702.jpg

3P
Mystery Synthetic
Grandstaff Holy Smokes
Straight Razor
Mongoose
Feather Pro (6)
Myrsol Plastic Shave

Just the cheeks with this straight razor today while I'm learning how to use it. Good results from this setup.

What straight is that?
It don't look Learner Legal to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.