Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I freely admit to being a photography snob...and film lords it over digital in my world. But mobile photography and I just can't even be in the same room...I call her "too plastic" and she holds her nose and rejoinders "you smell of decaying carbon".
A shot in hand, even if from a phone camera...
Are we still going to buy the soap, I am keen, I think others are as well.
Hope so.

A great way to end the weekend with top shelf products!
20150823-000_3311_zpsliibeecu.jpg

ExYvlbM.jpg

Pre-Shave
PAA Mentholated ICE Scentless Pre-Shave Soap
Brush Edwin Jagger Super Badger
Soap Dr. Dittmar Shaving Soap Flakes
Razor Gem 1912
Blade Gem Stainless Steel SE
Post Shave Argan Oil

The Dr. Dittmar flakes had been pushed to the back of the cupboard and haven't seen much use recenlty. Lovely lather and a great shave with the Gem 1912.
Damn near BBS on second pass, just a bit of touch up on the third. Have spent the last couple of hours faceterbating and enjoying the shave

Sunday 23 August 2015

209868d1440331148-sun-august-23rd-sat-august-29th-sotd-23082015.jpg

Mastro Livi CarboInox Kamisori, 7/8 and Mastro Livi Italian Brush

The more I use Mastro Livi CarboInox razors, the more I like them. I have three Mastro Livi CarboInox razors in my collection and they all are superb shavers. Not to mention this beautiful kamisori, adding the well known efficiency of a kamisori to the excellence of CarboInox. For this shave, I also wanted to use my newest Mastro Livi "Pennello Italiano" brush with its soft and high quality silvertip badger loft with very dense hair, which worked my shaving soap to perfection for a super luxurious, creamy, rich and very slicky lather. The kamisori easily glided on my skin while giving me a super smooth and deep shave. Men, what a stunning sunday shave!​
  • Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: RazorGuy Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Mastro Livi "Italian Brush" Silvertip Badger, Multi-wood handle, 24 mm knot
  • Bowl: Gebry Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi CarboInox Kamisori, 7/8
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Floïd Black

Mastro Livi CarboInox Kamisori, 7/8 and Mastro Livi Italian Brush[/CENTER]
What A shave!!!

And is there anything Mastro Livi can't make?!?!! That Kamisori and brush both look superb. Amazing.

I'm beginning to think you must have married Mastro Livi's sister :) Are his Kamisoris western grind?

I simply am a friend of Mastro Livi, living not so far from his laboratory and having a strong passion for his art, talent and craftsmanship! :sneaky:;):)
The kamisori I posted in today's SOTD has the traditional japanese grinding, Mastro Livi can however make - and made - kamisoris with a western grinding. In my collection I have three Mastro Livi kamisoris: two have the japanese grind, one has a slightly modified grinding style conceived by Mastro Livi. None of those I own and made by Mastro Livi have western grinding and - to tell the truth - you are giving me an idea about my next Mastro Livi kamisori... ;)

What A shave!!!

And is there anything Mastro Livi can't make?!?!! That Kamisori and brush both look superb. Amazing.

I met Mastro Livi in April 2013 and in all of this time I could watch him virtually making everything: scissors, straight razors, knives, surgeon tools, shave brushes, strops and countless of other things, not strictly related to cutlery of straight razor making. He truly is a craftsman having a talent in his hands and mind. Just ask him about everything and he will make it, no matter it is a straight razor or a car (yes, he also built himself a racing car...)

150823_zps6cf6qgoo.png

Face Wash : O Melhor exfoliating pre-shave soap
Pre Shave : Myrsol Emulsion
Brush : Shavemac
Soap : Tim's Signature
Razor : Wolfman WR1-SB
Blade : Polsilver SI [new]
After Shave : Floid Blue

Not much to say - the Wolfman delivered a howler of a shave, ably assisted by a superb lather from the Tim's signature soap. An indulgent splash of Floid Blue, and sore cheek muscles from smiling too much...
Did you use the Floid EDT as aftershave?

Wickhams south sea spray
Bengall
Simpsons classic

Well thus shave was super smooth. Thanks for the generous soap sample Stills. At first I thought it was a cream it's so soft and got crappy lather. Today I put it in a bigger tub and a spot of hot water to lather like soap. And lather it did! I'm impressed.

Omega 10005
Fatboy
Aussie Spoiler
Dapper Dragon Signature Soap
Aqua Velva AS

Got through to the bottom of the tub this morning, so I may try to concentrate on finishing this soap before the wet season arrives. Not long until the build up starts here - the humidity has started to ramp up already, so I'm not that confident of finishing it. If I load up as much as I did last night in a bit of a daze, I might get it finished though. I reckon I had enough lather for 3 passes for all the hair on my body.

Video incoming just for @stillshunter

Preshave: Proraso Red
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89L
Blade: Polsilver SI
Brush: Shavemac 177
Soap: Le Pere Lucien(scented)
Post Shave: Pinaud Clubman
Pressed a small sample into the bottom of my bowl for my first try at this soap and it lathered up a treat. Very good performance too. Went for a very enjoyable three passes.
20150823_224318 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.