Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat #16
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
Brush: M&F 2XL Finest Badger
Soap: L'occitane Cade Rich Cream
Aftershave: Floid Vigoroso

I am very impressed with the performance of Cade rich cream and paired with Floid Vigoroso it made for a nice powdery scented experience.

FzWv2Pn.jpg
Another stellar brush! Would love to see a picture of you entire brush collection!

Cool photos and shaves everyone, I think :) Alfredus that's a really cool photo :)
Thank you good sir!

If this keeps heading in the direction it is going I can see a Paste & Cut coffee table book being released.

365 page volume with a SOTD on each page ...

img_1963.jpg

3P preshave
TBS Super Silvertip
C&E Sienna
Gillette Red Tip
Sputnik (4)
Clarins AS
Osage Rub

The osage helped clear the airways (I've got a cold). Great little cream I found at the back of the stash.

At least the knot in that brush is not unobtainium :LOL:

20151103_065616_zpspanpniz7.jpg

SOTD Tuesday, October 3

Cold water shave
Preshave: Bloom water
Soap: Shaver Heaven, Sensous Sandlewood
Brush: Edwin Jagger badger
Face lather
Razor: Dovo Stainless Steel 5/8

Shaver Heaven soaps perform in all the important areas that make a quality shave soap and sandlewood is one of the more traditional men's scent. The badger produced a great face lather.

This Dovo was my first wet shaving purchase. I find the Stainless Steel construction gives the razor a real tradesman's tool look, a no-nonsense, get down to business asthetic. Looks good and performance to match the looks.

20151103_113946 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr
Preshave: Proraso Red
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 with Windrose Handle
Blade: Polsilver SI
Brush: Vie Long Horse
Soap: Truefitt & Hill Authentic No. 10
Post Shave: Nivea Balm and TOBS Sandalwood AS
Three pass shave. The scent of this soap is very masculine with a woodsy feel to it. Easy to lather and performed very well with a great post shave feel. On par with the other English soap/creams.
My first Melbourne cup day traditional wet shave. Enjoy the day.

Razor: C.V.Heljestrand "Le Duc"
Soap:B&M Fougere (sample sent from @stillshunter
Aftershave:Shea Moisture Tea Tree

ok so on getting out the lil puck of soap it took a bit of encouraging to start the lather up but once it did start it was easy to get it lovely and shiny and went on the face great. scent wasn't something i'd of gone after myself. bit too purfumey for my tastes but felt great.
Blade i just gotta say i'm in love with the heavier blade then what i was using. it felt better in the hand being that touch heavier and i wasn't getting deafened by the clicking of it shearing off the whiskers. my old blade is sharp having recently returned from mark but i think the lighter blade just had isues with some of my trouble spots. not so with this one. was easy to get around to clean out under the law line were i was always leaving a few stripes.
all in all am extremely happy i got this blade off stillsy and for me atleast with how it performed for me today was cheap at twice the price :D

sAoajoV.png

Brush: Vie Long Horse hair Fan
Soap/Cream: Cold River Soap Works Pure Fresco
Razor: GEM Clog Prof SE
Blade: GEM [2]
After-shave: Myrsol Agua Balsamica

Mon & Tues - Lab Blues

Pre-shave:
Cetaphil Cleansing Bar & bloom water
Razor: Merkur 34c HD
Blade: Personna Med Prep (Lab Blues) (1/2)
Soap: Shaver Heaven Buttered Rum(Mon), Proraso Green Cream (Tue)
Brush: Semogue 1800
Post-shave: Alum & Proraso Green

So decided to go to the US of A before heading to mother Russia next week, and popped the Lab Blues in the 34c. Wow... What a difference from the Personna Reds, which I found to be the worst blade for me so far. Sharp and Smooth. Compared to the others, I would rate just behind PSS. Slightly smoother, but little bit less sharp. I wouldn't complain about using either and would come down to price per blade. Only 2 days in though, next 3 will tell the tale on how they sustain performance.

Anyone selling their adjustable razors??
Prob after a 'Fat boy'...??? I have seen some on eBay, but they are from America- and just thought I'd ask around first.......

Kamisori: Yamashita
Brush: Omega S10108
Soap: Gent's V3 Original
Aftershave: Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum

'Twas one of the all time great shaves. The new soap formulation with jojoba is magnificent. Only 1.2 g of jojoba - a truly minuscule quantity - in 173 g of soap has had profound effects on the quality of the lather. Rather than killing stability, the creamy lather is now actually more stable and the feel as it goes on the skin is extra silky and luxurious. And perhaps I'm imagining it, but is that lather now more pearly white than previously? @bald as - you need to try a soap with jojoba, pronto.

Oh, and BTW - tonight's audio accompaniment was 'Leaves of Grass'. This is pure gold @carlmaloschneider.

Chinese food…”

Because a shave with a DE is like Chinese food. You think you’ve shaved perfectly but a few hours later you’re not smooth again. I honestly feel a good shave with a straight produces a smoothness which is longer lasting.

Razor | Mühle R 89 | Cream | Fauldings ‘Shave’ | Brush | Omega Badger | After Shave | Col. Conk Amber

Quite a nice shave though, and Chinese food is nice...

Status
Not open for further replies.