Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go, first part in the SOTD thread.

Brush: Muhle pure bristle
Soap: Proraso Red
Razor: Giesen and Forsthoff Timor 5/8

First shave since getting the G&F honed so really this is my first shave with a shave ready straight. Still got a lot to learn, especially when it comes to which direction to shave which section of my face. I'm having particular troubles with the lower half of my neck.

I think next shave I'll crack open one of the Shaver Heaven soaps that arrived this week (many thanks @Anthony, they smell great) and see what happens!

You're brave! A novice shaver using a straight......on the neck too. You'll discover lots of things in a hurry and with a lot of pain I suspect.

You're brave! A novice shaver using a straight......on the neck too. You'll discover lots of things in a hurry and with a lot of pain I suspect.
Before I knew what ' shave ready ' was I did start on just the cheeks. Only did a couple of shaves and started on the neck too. Figured I had to learn somehow!

No shave today :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
No shave tomorrow :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

But on Saturday I will be BACK!

Lovely shave @razorguy, and what a thing to be proud of - you made practically all of the products yourself. Bravo! I hope your example inspires a few more of us to have a go at making aftershaves and soaps.

Thank you! I love making my own shaving stuff and, I should add, they all are homemade products, made for the fun of it and as a hobby, therefore for personal use and definitely not commercial products. It is nice to know this can be an example of inspiration for you and others to encourage the making of aftershaves, oils and soap! It adds pleasure to the pleasure of shaving!

Nice photo too - rather a change from your usual photographic style but I like it (y)

Thanks for your appreciation. This pictures is a sort of exception to my usual style and, you know, sometimes it is also good to change! :)

What's going on?

A lot - but if I survive tomorrow, it is almost over and I have time on Saturday for a shave!

He's obviously "inside" and on weekend release. Bit like Oscar Pistorius.

Have no clue what you are smoking - but please don't compare me to a wife killer mate - not very funny...

A lot - but if I survive tomorrow, it is almost over and I have time on Saturday for a shave!

Have no clue what you are smoking - but please don't compare me to a wife killer mate - not very funny...

Wow, that's taking it way out of context. Sorry if I offended but was really referring to the obscene notion of somebody on release from prison which has hit the news big time recently. I don't know you from a bar of soap so how can I possibly compare you to anybody?

npPWhEY.jpg
The level on that F./Extra is going down each photo... [emoji6]

I shaved tonight.
Pre Shave: Original Source Lime shower gel strongly spiked with Menth.
Brush: Thater 41925/5 bulb
Razor: Weber
Blade: Polsilver Si
Soap: Beaver Woodwright Ghost Ship'
Post Shave: Alum
A/S: Alcolado Glacial

Overall good to be back on the horse.
A few nicks and put them down to a combination of underestimating the aggressiveness of the Weber, a new brush and soap.
Weber is a fine example of craftsmanship.
Thater is going to take a bit to come to grips with, it's like nothing else in the stable.
As for the soap, it's more a croap and the scent is divine.

I shaved tonight.
Pre Shave: Original Source Lime shower gel strongly spiked with Menth.
Brush: Thater 41925/5 bulb
Razor: Weber
Blade: Polsilver Si
Soap: Beaver Woodwright Ghost Ship'
Post Shave: Alum
A/S: Alcolado Glacial

Overall good to be back on the horse.
A few nicks and put them down to a combination of underestimating the aggressiveness of the Weber, a new brush and soap.
Weber is a fine example of craftsmanship.
Thater is going to take a bit to come to grips with, it's like nothing else in the stable.
As for the soap, it's more a croap and the scent is divine.
Welcome back to the fold. That beard - though oddly suiting you by the end - needed to go... May as well go off in style too. Lovely shave setup. [emoji106]

Should of seen me for the few days between shaving my head and shaving off the beard.
Only needed radicalising and would of passed as DAESH.
I was oft told that I look a lot like a younger Gil Grissom from CSI with the beard!

Wow, that's taking it way out of context. Sorry if I offended but was really referring to the obscene notion of somebody on release from prison which has hit the news big time recently. I don't know you from a bar of soap so how can I possibly compare you to anybody?
Ah, now I understand - feel a bit better, but still don't like to be compared to an inmate ;)

Didn't shave this morning, mainly due to a late night and attacking my face is not a good idea in a zombie-like state.

Coffee has been had, there is another on the horizon and time to grind through the day. Play nice people.

Preshave: Proraso Red
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 with Windrose Handle
Blade: Permasharp Super
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Martin de Candre
Post Shave: Nivea Balm, 4711 AS splash and Tom Ford Noir Extreme
Two pass shave with a clean up. Very enjoyable shave today has left the face feeling smooth and soft. Ready for an equally enjoyable lunch.
20151211_082309 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.