Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someones eyes appear to be glowing green!

Ignore them mate, they either have a whole harem of brushes or keep changing them every month... [emoji38]

I love it! It's a great face latherer. It creates lather from the hardest of soaps. A terrific brush. [emoji106] Thanks for reknotting it and showing it the love it deserves.

No worries. I'm glad it's doing the business. Yes it would be a great face lathering brush. Nice chunky handle with a fairly small ID aperture. It had face latherer written all over it. The loft is just right on that. But as I obviously never tried it for a test run, you never know!

I didn't know you have a Pils @borked - congratulations! Which one do you have and how does it shave? You know it has been named DE razor od the year over at YKW :D :D :D
It appears after a bit of research, to be an early model, being it's a gold TTO.
Appears I've really lucked out with it :D
No idea upon the model, history or anything like that.

589ef50904a4290d1d24dc6f98ea0580.jpg

Stirling Synthetic
Shaver Heaven Vetiver and Neroli
Mongoose with Jürgen Hempel Ti
Feather Pro (2)
OSP Bay Rum Aftershave

23775982015_2dd3837d27_b.jpg

Soap: Shaver Heaven - Barbershop
Brush: Shavemac 22mm custom
Razor: Feather R2D2
Blade: Feather (1)
Post-shave: Barberry Coast - Havana
Great shave!

Reactions: MrT
23775982015_2dd3837d27_b.jpg

Soap: Shaver Heaven - Barbershop
Brush: Shavemac 22mm custom
Razor: Feather R2D2
Blade: Feather (1)
Post-shave: Barberry Coast - Havana
I see what you did there ;)

20151216_083302 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr
Preshave: Proraso Green
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 with Windrose Handle
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux
Brush: Shavemac 177 Black
Soap: Mystic Water and Proraso Red
Post Shave: Nivea Balm and TOBS Sandalwood AS
Two pass shave with a clean up. Still had some Mystic Water in the bowl so whipped it up and added the Proraso and three drops of glycerin for a rich and luxurious uber lather. Excellent shave, and for me that is four days in a row of shaving with no irritation and great results.

I conducted a small experiment - didn't shave for about 10 days "hoping" my return to bad skin would be helped by not shaving. It was mildly successful but the best part was the screaming shock the 10 days growth fled from the freshly honed 6/8" Invicta Supreme. Naturally no clogging, no 2 passes and a very pleasant DFS. Even though it is currently 38.8c here in Adelaide I lathered and then applied a hot towel a couple of times, rinsed and then applied fresh lather. I'm really liking my latest soap, especially for straight shaving. Can be wet but not whimpy.

20151216_SOTDSGraphNov_zpsx2l2gblw.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: RazoRock Stealth Slant V1
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (2)
Brush: Paladin Chief
Lather: Mystic Waters Jeff's Lavender
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Vetiver alcohol free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

PERFECT (y)(y)(y)

Straight: Gold Dollar #66
Brush: Omega S10108
Soap: B&M Latha
Aftershave: Nivea ASB

The edge I put on the GD feels really nice & the Latha performed beautifully in the softer water they have over here.
why where are you mate?

If you cannot find some fold a newspaper and gently strop on that but not a lot as I don't know how much it will degrade the edge,

Status
Not open for further replies.