Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brush - Omega S-Brush
Razor - Fatip Grande
Blade - Personna Blue
Soap - Caties Bubbles 95 Liquid Labels
Post - Alum, Thayers

Planned to grow a beard over the break, lasted 4 days before it got too annoying. The Fatip made light work of it, quite an aggressive razor imo. Nothing like a shave after a few long days feeling like a hobo.

Brush - Omega S-Brush
Razor - Fatip Grande
Blade - Personna Blue
Soap - Caties Bubbles 95 Liquid Labels
Post - Alum, Thayers

Planned to grow a beard over the break, lasted 4 days before it got too annoying. The Fatip made light work of it, quite an aggressive razor imo. Nothing like a shave after a few long days feeling like a hobo.
As one that had a beard for more than a decade (so as to not use cartridge razors), you have to break through that itchy phase which occurs somewhere around the 7-14 day mark.

I must agree that mowing down a several day growth is very satisfying. Take that you nasty whiskers!

Pre Shave: Orignal Source Lime shower gel heavily spiked with Menth
Brush: Plisson synthetic
Soap/Cream: Shaver Heaven "Toilet Cleaner"
Razor: Pils
Blade: Polsilver Si (0)
After-shave: Alum, Pitralon and Alpa Windsor Fresh balm

The A/S was discovered the same time as Alt Innsbruck.
Both smell divine.
Not too sure about the brush though, yet at this stage this one performs better and the other one has better handle ergonomics.
As for the razor, well, it's a step up from the Shcick Krona, absolutely luxurious.http://paste-and-cut.com.au/community/threads/facepeeler-the-return.2168/
Soap sample performed well, not too sure upon the scent though, will give the 2nd 1/2 of the sample a whirl tomorrow.
A DFS overall.

Had a thoroughly enjoyable shave tonight! Face lathered again with my Muhle boar bristle, this time using the Shaver Heaven Drogon Noir soap. once again the lather was incredible and i really enjoy the scent of the Drogon (the wife still needs some convincing on this one). Gave the G&F a good stropping beforehand. I also thought about my last shave and tried to relax my grip a little bit on the razor. It seemed to work as i had far less irritation tonight and did 2 passes instead of just one on Saturday. It also just seemed to take the stubble off much easier with the lighter grip. I must have really had a death grip on it last time. Also I had no nicks at all tonight. Overall I am very happy with my third shave with the straight, I can tell that this shave was better than the last and i feel like i can keep improving still

Razor: Gem 1912
Blade: Gem (5)
Cream: Arko Maximum Comfort
Brush: Wolf Whisker synthetic
A/S: Avon Tai Winds

We're having some hot water issues and the day started with a Pommie wash and cold water rinse. I needed an excellent shave to bring my morning and mood back into line. Success!

82a79bb20bb91f0346921e1ff5045510.jpg

Bit behind and still unpacking after moving but this was yesterday's shave to clear 4 day's growth. I'm very impressed with the Shaver Heaven 1st anniversary soap. I think I've worked out what the scent reminds me of too.

82a79bb20bb91f0346921e1ff5045510.jpg

Bit behind and still unpacking after moving but this was yesterday's shave to clear 4 day's growth. I'm very impressed with the Shaver Heaven 1st anniversary soap. I think I've worked out what the scent reminds me of too.
What does it remind you of. It smells familiar to me but I honestly can't place it

What does it remind you of. It smells familiar to me but I honestly can't place it
To me it smells like an EDT I have called Baldessarini Del Mar, I bought it and wore it a lot on holiday in Tenerife so it's a smell I have positive memories of which is nice.

20151215_084312 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr
Preshave: Proraso Green
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 with Windrose Handle
Blade: Permasharp Super
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Mystic Water Viola di Bosco
Post Shave: Nivea Balm and Old Spice AS
Two pass shave with a clean up. Pressed a small amount of the soap sample into my bowl and start with minimal water and build from there. Beautiful lather and scent. Really enjoyable shave leaving the face feeling soft and smooth.

Brush: Vulfix Boar
Razor: Wilkinson Sticky
Blade: Vintage Wilky
Cream: GFT Limes
A/S: GFT Skinfood + Alum

Gee @Nightguard, I'm going to have to get my Sticky out sometime soon and give it a whirl. Nice to see somebody shaving with such an interesting and special razor :)

Had a thoroughly enjoyable shave tonight! Face lathered again with my Muhle boar bristle, this time using the Shaver Heaven Drogon Noir soap. once again the lather was incredible and i really enjoy the scent of the Drogon (the wife still needs some convincing on this one). Gave the G&F a good stropping beforehand. I also thought about my last shave and tried to relax my grip a little bit on the razor. It seemed to work as i had far less irritation tonight and did 2 passes instead of just one on Saturday. It also just seemed to take the stubble off much easier with the lighter grip. I must have really had a death grip on it last time. Also I had no nicks at all tonight. Overall I am very happy with my third shave with the straight, I can tell that this shave was better than the last and i feel like i can keep improving still

You seem to be going just great guns, @namreklaw. You have definitely nailed it with relaxing the grip - it makes a huge difference to control and comfort. Another tip that helped me was to use different razor to face angles for different passes : about 30 degrees for WTG, 15 degrees for XTG and 5 degrees for ATG. Coupled with a light grip and light strokes, all that's left is to know your own face well, and which way to stretch the skin for best results. Good luck anyway, you WILL definitely get there and find that shaves become real achievements and experiences rather than just shaves :)

20151215_zpsg3cdzprq.png

Face Wash : Shower
Pre-Shave : Myrsol Emulsion
Brush : Simpson's Wee Scot
Soap : Mike's Lime
Razor : Sandor Jenes Western Kamisori
After Shave : Trumper's Skin Food - Lime
After Shave Splash : Trumper's Lime Cologne

Yet another satisfying and enjoyable shave. Managed to face lather Mike's successfully today - thank you Wee Scot :) This little Tardis of lather creation never ceases to amaze - talk about punching above its weight...

The Sandor Jenes Kamisori delivered its best shave yet - maybe because I couldn't resist trying out different Jnats for finishing last night. Finally found the optimum combination for it in my small but nice Jnat collection and won't be looking back.

A nice fresh "death by lime" finish kept the theme going after the Mike's lime soap, and I'm a happy camper.

Well done Filo, what a classic shave :) That Yardley must be like finding essence of unicorn these days....
Thanks mate. I think finding a NOS would be, but a half-used soap or empty bowl isn't as hard. They pop up from time to time. Both @Mark1966 and @borked have NOS Yardley soaps. They are the Yardley unicorn wranglers. [emoji6]

Pre Shave: Orignal Source Lime shower gel heavily spiked with Menth
Brush: Plisson synthetic
Soap/Cream: Shaver Heaven "Toilet Cleaner"
Razor: Pils
Blade: Polsilver Si (0)
After-shave: Alum, Pitralon and Alpa Windsor Fresh balm

The A/S was discovered the same time as Alt Innsbruck.
Both smell divine.
Not too sure about the brush though, yet at this stage this one performs better and the other one has better handle ergonomics.
As for the razor, well, it's a step up from the Shcick Krona, absolutely luxurious.
Soap sample performed well, not too sure upon the scent though, will give the 2nd 1/2 of the sample a whirl tomorrow.
A DFS overall.

I didn't know you have a Pils @borked - congratulations! Which one do you have and how does it shave? You know it has been named DE razor od the year over at YKW :D :D :D

Yet another satisfying and enjoyable shave. Managed to face lather Mike's successfully today - thank you Wee Scot :) This little Tardis of lather creation never ceases to amaze - talk about punching above its weight...

How is the face feel of the brush @Draco Noir? Not prickly???

Status
Not open for further replies.