Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soap/Cream: Jabonman Shaving Soaps - Mountain (?)
Nary a squeak about the J'man soap. What do you think of the Mountain scent and soap? (You have Mountain and Ylang Ylang.) It has no lanolin in it cf. Ylang Ylang.

I'm not sure how this head would go on another handle, especially one of normal weight, but I'd be happy with just the head - maybe on the RRSS handle?.
Lots of people like to Frankenrazor the Standard head. You can't buy the head alone but the razor itself - although RRP US$70-80 odd - can be had for much lower including on BST where it goes for around $40. (This is because you can get it in a Wet Shaving Box - The Barber - for $40.)

Nary a squeak about the J'man soap. What do you think of the Mountain scent and soap? (You have Mountain and Ylang Ylang.) It has no lanolin in it cf. Ylang Ylang.

They are both great and I love them. Would probably rate ABOVE Mikes ....

SoaJFmD.jpg

Shave of the Lid is now Nannys Silly Soap - Citrus Zinger. A great sweet citrus that reminds me a little of an orange&lime iceypole

Rolled out my pack of blades and tried a Schick Super Stainless that the good man @filobiblic sent with something a while ago.

Wow! What a smooth close shave! Being new to DE's the subtle nuances of various blades are a bit lost on me, but I really enjoyed using this one!

Then I go to find where to buy? Buy they say? And chuckle under their breath, buy??… you can't possible buy these! But please sir, I only have 5 :(
Was there some brown polsilvers with them ?
If yes, they're from me, if no, it sounds like @filobiblic does not rate these vintage blades that still probably originated from me.
I've a few in my reserves, not sure if any spares though :p

No no they were from him, I have your brownies saved up to try next - looking forward to it - though, should I fall in love with them I may have trouble prizing more out of your hands! :whistle:

No no they were from him, I have your brownies saved up to try next - looking forward to it - though, should I fall in love with them I may have trouble prizing more out of your hands! :whistle:
The Schicks are either from @borked or @Monsta_AU (via Borked). Not from me. I send lots of soap samples and the odd modern blade on your direction but I'm not the repository for all things Vintage and sharp. That's other people's domain. [emoji4]

Is ok mate :)
Just another almost unobtanium to add to the list of yours ;)
At least you've a taste of vintage now...

Is ok mate :)
Just another almost unobtanium to add to the list of yours ;)
At least you've a taste of vintage now...
I can't believe I just watched this as it was happening. I did nothing to help. Just watched a new victim in the act of entanglement. So sorry @Nonick I could, no "should", have done more to help as you started wriggling, well before you reached that point of inevitability. So subtle a trap RM has threaded here, this place called "P&C". Welcome to its heart and its very reason for being. If you look up you will see the writing above the mantle - "@Monsta_AU 's Vintage Blade Crack House". Don't bother resisting or looking any further in the darkened and sodden rooms, there is no exit.

I know I know! I see the play, but cannot unfeel that smooth vintage shave this morning.

Blades are sent, as 'generous extras' and you get hooked, no doubt the prices climb from here.

I scale the net trying to find a dealer, but to no avail, then my good friends come back, consoling me with ample supply… at a price

**Welcome to the Hotel California…. Such a lovely place…**

Not as yet, working my way towards it through the stash of prior gained vintage blades, yet rest assured, I know resistance is futile!

Brush: Vulfix Boar
Razor: Weber PH
Blade: GBE (1)
Soap: Shaverheaven Sweeney Todd, Glycerine formula
A/S: Speick
First shave with the GBE blade?
Was it Greatly Bloody Encouraging? (Or Ghastly Bloody Enough of this.....!!!?!) [emoji4]

I know I know! I see the play, but cannot unfeel that smooth vintage shave this morning.

Blades are sent, as 'generous extras' and you get hooked, no doubt the prices climb from here.

I scale the net trying to find a dealer, but to no avail, then my good friends come back, consoling me with ample supply… at a price

**Welcome to the Hotel California…. Such a lovely place…**
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261770951808
$3 a blade territory mate, up there with P74's and that's if you exclude postage, otherwise 6.30 a blade, which is crazy talk to me !

Monday 9 March 2015

195368d1425911299-sun-march-08th-sat-march-14th-sotd-09032015.jpg

Mastro Livi K720, 7/8 Full Hollow, Square Point

I am getting ready to go back home and, before packing, I shaved with this Mastro Livi K720 straight razor, so smooth and velvety, a lovely caress on the skin. I love its square point, very effective in giving a precise shave with just a simple touch. I also used the popular Omega 48 bristle brush - the shaving brush of professional barbers - big and effective, capable of mounting lather with no efforts at all. A generous splash of my Bay Rum aftershave, and now I am ready to go.​
  • Pre-Shave: Roberts Distilled Rose Water
  • Soap: Aquagena
  • Brush: Omega 48
  • Bowl: Chinese Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi K720, 7/8 Full Hollow, Square Point
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: RazorGuy Bay Rum

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Yardley Shaving Soap (vintage)
Razor: Standard Razor
Blade: Feather (4)
After-shave: AoS Sandalwood gel

Enjoy the Yardley soap - nice lather.

The Standard razor. Nice enough but I don't like the look or feel in the hand.

Next ...

Status
Not open for further replies.