Shave of the Day - 2024

La Faulx + DRH Pink Splash

GFT Rose // Custom Copper Papiu Beehive // La Faulx + DRH Pink Splash
Very nice!! Really nice looking set up. How does the La Faulx perform? Which level of aggression do you use? And blade?

09 September (SR shave No. 1726)
You never forget your first. My first real SR and today's razor was a Titan ACRM-2 T.H.60 dressed in Madagascan mahogany timber scales. Edge is finished and maintained on diamond pasted balsa.

This week I am shaving with La Troja stick soap and my most favoured brush a no-brand Chinese guaranteed pure best badger synthetic.
nupMMWm.jpg

Last edited:
Tabac Tuesday

9hTzlmx.jpg

RAZOR: Merkur 37C Elite Razor Amboyna Burl
BLADE: Personna Lab Blue
BRUSH: Elite Razor 26M Manchurian White
LATHER: Tabac Tallow Formula Shaving Soap
The Alt Innsbruck cologne is a great match for Tabac - Germans and Austrians tend to get on. Nice work. (y)

The Alt Innsbruck cologne is a great match for Tabac - Germans and Austrians tend to get on. Nice work. (y)
Thanks Tom. As it happens, Half my family originally came from Alsace Lorain in the late 19th Century, when it was part of Germany. The other half came from Holland at the beginning of the 20th Century,

10 September (SR shave No. 1727)
My most favoured razor and always a pleasure to shave with, the Gold Dollar W59 (with a sharp pointy toe). Edge is finished and maintained on diamond pasted balsa.

The GD W59 always gives me one of my best shaves. Not sure if it is the blade profile (toe) that demands respect and total concentration while shaving or the quality of edge that it takes. Probably a combination of both.
JoPpDaG.jpg