Shave of the Day - 2024

qgU8WO0.jpg

Koraat Sheffield 15/16 Half Hollow - Zenith Manchurian - Eufros Vetiver de Haití - Myrsol Agua Balsamica - Sukin Moisturiser

cViok9zl.jpg

Soap: Muhle Sea Buckthorn
Brush: Epsilon Horse
Razor: Colonial General
Blade: Feather Pro (2)
Nearly two weeks out from surgery and it's ahead slow. Recovery is frustrating enough for a minor procedure, I'm not putting my hand up for major surgery anytime soon. Of course I got the obligatory head cold from my short hospital stay, because they want to maintain fridge conditions, just to sweeten the deal. That then translated to cold sores which makes shaving miserable. The General comes to the rescue for which I was very thankful. The General just makes it all a little easier to manage. :)
Wishing you a speedy recovery mate!

Thank you.
If I was only allowed to own one soap, it would be Cella.
I was thinking about that. Just to buy 1 kg Cella brick and forget about soaps for a while.
Unfortunately (thanks to our friends from this forum) there is too many soaps I would like to try. And being in this hobby for just 2 years I have not tried too many yet. Maybe 8 including samples so I do not want to stay with just one soap for a few years😂. Not yet😂

I was thinking about that. Just to buy 1 kg Cella brick and forget about soaps for a while.
Unfortunately (thanks to our friends from this forum) there is too many soaps I would like to try. And being in this hobby for just 2 years I have not tried too many yet. Maybe 8 including samples so I do not want to stay with just one soap for a few years😂. Not yet😂
Yes, BUT if you did look at the $'s you'll save!! :unsure: But NO that Rabbit hole is to to big, be it Soaps, Blades or Razors then there's all the sub-categories of each!! :LOL::LOL:

You can choose a whole box of Arko 12 piss sticks and should last you about four or five years

Mmh sorry, I don’t believe that applies to anyone on this Forum, if so hands up “fibbers”
😂😂
Nobody is going to admit. Even if someone does it.
By the way I was sure I will be one of them. This forum gave me a lot of knowledge but unfortunately also a lot of ideas what products I have never heard of before now I need😂. And the best in a few colours, scents etc😂.
Then another big problem. Just add one more item to get a free postage😂

Last edited:
You can choose a whole box of Arko 12 piss sticks and should last you about four or five years
I like Arko. I think we can have a nice, comfortable shave just with Arko. Performance- really good, price as well. Scent polarising but I like it especially summertime👍🏻. But if you believe 12 sticks of 70g of soap is enough for 5 years we are all screwed. In this case some ppl here have soaps for more than 300 years😂

I keep telling myself I'm happy with just Yardley, Valobra, MdC or whatever. And I almost certainly have enough to last the rest of my life. (*) But then I go and buy more soap. At least I'm not tempted to buy more blades... :unsure:

* Unfortunately, I doubt if anyone here can count on Mme G to do the right thing and disperse my remaining stocks of unobtainium properly if/when I hop my twig before her. She doesn't understand. :rolleyes: So I don't want to buy more than I can use.

I keep telling myself I'm happy with just Yardley, Valobra, MdC or whatever. And I almost certainly have enough to last the rest of my life. (*) But then I go and buy more soap. At least I'm not tempted to buy more blades... :unsure:

* Unfortunately, I doubt if anyone here can count on Mme G to do the right thing and disperse my remaining stocks of unobtainium properly if/when I hop my twig before her. She doesn't understand. :rolleyes: So I don't want to buy more than I can use.
This is not something that I would take on without having given it the proper due diligence and consideration that it deserves, but I'm willing to make the sacrifice to provide you with peace of mind by storing them for you and dispersing them at the appropriate time... So go ahead, buy away, and send them to my place for safekeeping! ;)

Maybe I should send you my address. Just in case😂
We do not want all your soaps and beautiful brushes to go to the landfill😂
All the blades and safety razors she can send to someone else😂

PXL-20240505-210104794-MP.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: TroyCraft "Vazon Forest" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Czech & Speake (Valobra) - Oxford & Cambridge
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Buku Abel Gesha (Ethiopia)

Birthday shave...