Shave of the Day - 2024

Pre-shave; Pears transparent soap, face wash with warm water
Brush; TroyCraft; “Red Desert” Supplejack, Brass and Red Earth candy with Fine Gold glitter resin, handle, 28mm (TF) Pure Boar knot (No 1+)
Soap; Mitchell Wool Fat (Tallow)
Razor; Razorock Hawk V3 S/S Polished, Aggressive plate
Blade; Feather PRO
Post shave; Wahl; Traditional Bay Rum 75% / @SpeedyPC 25%, aftershave splash!!
Attar (Perfume Oil); Aromatic Attars, Ombre Leather
I use Pears as a pre shave, not keen on the original scent, prefer the lemon or mint. Great value $2 and lasts for months.

AfjDVbV.jpg

RAZOR: MÜHLE SB Genuine Horn Handle
BLADE: Personna Lab Blue
BRUSH: Restored Allbright Rubberset 22mm Boar
LATHER: The Art of Shaving Sandalwood (vintage)

KSxhMfX.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger
Soap: Los Jabones de Joserra Black Rose
Razor: Blutt BR-1
Blade: Iridium Super BN-84 (6)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Los Jabones de Joserra Black Rose Balm
Scent: Czech & Speake No 88 EdC

08 June (a very auspicious occasion - my birthday)
A pre-1890 custom made T.R. Cadman "Bengall" 6/8 full hollow.
HuU4n9u.jpg

One of my girlfriends came up from the coast to visit me for as few days. For dinner this night, she baked a chocolate mud cake and made chicken adabo with rice - a classic Filipino dish.
happy-birthday.gif

I'd rather do it for love.......
but I'd prefer the magpie doesn't get high expectations.

When we lived in Wahroonga in the late 60's, we had a magpie that would come to the front step every morning, stick his beak through the foil top of the milk bottle and drink all the cream off the top. He'd then hang around on the front step for an hour or two and sing and chat to anyone that came out. He'd also fly up and land on my dad's shoulder. Great relationship because we all adored the bird and hated cream!

SOTW...

PXL-20240609-233843235-PORTRAIT-ORIGINAL.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: TroyCraft "Nebulish" 30mm silvertip
Soap: Pb Smokey Lavender
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Abel Buku Geisha, Ethiopia

Sometimes I like to stay with the same setup for the week (5 days, that is). No stress over choice, and it's a good way of dialling in the perfect shave. I like this soap, and the badger still needs some taming.

It hadn't occurred to me that my light treatment of the (rather rough) machined finish of my Sabre and Vector razors have (at least in my pictures) resulted in a fairly creditable satin finish. I could probably improve on it, if I were so inclined, but my goal at the time was to reduce or eliminate the somewhat uncomfortable grittiness of the factory finish. That much was definitely a success. (Should I have had to? No. Augustin Durdan could teach Shane a trick or two about quality machining.) All I did was spend roughly 10 minutes with a small strip of 1200 grit (IIRC) wet & dry.

7FoIu8m.jpeg

Pre: Cremo
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
Razor: Rockwell 6S (6)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Soap: Stirling Scots Pine Sheep

Stirling lather exploded, but just seemed to lack a touch of slickness that I got with the B&M Omnibus base, especially on the second pass. Maybe I could refine the lather but didn't seem on the dry side and it looked like it had about as much water as it could take. Still no nicks in two passes and a nice overall shave.

7FoIu8m.jpeg

Pre: Cremo
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
Razor: Rockwell 6S (6)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Soap: Stirling Scots Pine Sheep

Stirling lather exploded, but just seemed to lack a touch of slickness that I got with the B&M Omnibus base, especially on the second pass. Maybe I could refine the lather but didn't seem on the dry side and it looked like it had about as much water as it could take. Still no nicks in two passes and a nice overall shave.
When was the last time you've cleaned your bloody Rockwell razor? Looks like it hasn't been clean over a month. :sick:

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Stirling Finest Badger 26/54mm bulb knot
Soap/Cream:- Tabac
Razor/Blade:- Blackbird Lite SS Polished / Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow Sharp Edge #5 .... Finished too many drag, manged to finish the shave without a single nick.
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Moisturising Cream:- Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free (for autumn & winter season)
Fragrance:- Tabac EDT