Shave of the Day - 2024

08 June (a very auspicious occasion - my birthday)
A pre-1890 custom made T.R. Cadman "Bengall" 6/8 full hollow.
HuU4n9u.jpg

One of my girlfriends came up from the coast to visit me for as few days. For dinner this night, she baked a chocolate mud cake and made chicken adabo with rice - a classic Filipino dish.
Happy birthday Richard❤️

SOTD – Wed.12Jun2023

SOTD-20240612-setup.png

Razor: This is also the first episode in a series of shaves over the next few months featuring low priced razors costing AU$20 or less, today’s razor is the Lord L6 I picked up for AU$15.

Shave Result: MWF lather always gives me excellent performance, with wonderful after shave skin feel. To my nose MWF has a light clean soapy, powdery, slightly spicy aroma. Wonderful clean, smooth, close DFS from the Lord L6 razor, I would classify it a bit more aggressive than the Merkur 34c.

The Gear:​

• Pre Shave: TriCare Goats Milk Soap (ALDI) [A]
  • Brush: TroyCraft “The Bishop” (design based on Vintage Tall Butterscotch Strong Set) 24/54 APShave UK Fibres [A]
  • Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat (MWF) - Tallow Version
  • Bowl: Whispers From The Woods [A]
  • Razor: Lord L6 DE (44gm)
  • Blade: Shark Chrome by Lord (2)
  • Astringent: Jennai Body Care - Aloe Vera Gel with Witch Hazel & Vitamin E [A]
  • Balm: G&M Australian Creams - Emu Oil MkII [A]
  • After Shave: Proraso Sandalwood (Red) AS Lotion
  • Moisturiser: MooGoo Natural Full Cream - Hydrate [A]
[A] = Australian Product

kP51tkT.jpeg

Pre: Cremo Reserve Collection
Brush: Stray Whisker Synthetic
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Astra SP
Soap: Noble Otter Neon Sun

First time using this razor in years and I was impressed! I went very gently throughout and didn't get any nicks. Helped by three days of growth, but I'm curious to see how it does with less growth now.

Keeping it Frugal

Tech-Shave.jpg

Wanted to keep it as frugal as can be today. The entire shaving gear used was under 10 USD with the Razor being the cheapest at 2 dollars from Aliexpress. Had an amazing two pass BBS with minor touch ups.

Razor - Baili BT131 (Tech Clone)
Blade - Feather Stainless Steel (2nd Use)
Shaving Soap - Declaration Grooming Sellout Sample
Shaving Brush - Omega Pure Bristle (Boar)