Shave of the Day - 2024

U41xfMJ.jpeg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: TroyCraft Sapphire Amphora 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Antica Barbieria Colla
Razor: Gillette Gold Super Adjustable P2 (7-7-7)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Platinum Plus (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, APR Bois de santal de verveine Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Morgan’s Vintage 1873 EdC

It is a rare privilege to shave with an iconic vintage completely unused mint virgin razor. And what a superb shave it delivered. I loaded up the Gillette Gold Super Adjustable( P2) with a period-correct Gillette Platinum Plus blade, dialed it up to 7, and went at it.
Sometimes a great shave like this sends a tingle up the spine. 54 years young and remains a superb razor.

SOTD Friday 14 June
  • Razor Gillette British FlareTip
  • Blade 7am Plus
  • Pre-Shave Pears soap
  • Brush Omega Pro 48 Boar
  • Cream Proraso – Green – Eucalyptus & Menthol
  • Post Shave Nivea Moisturiser
  • Aftershave Brut
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Balm

The Morning Shave.

Another great opportunity to try different blades from a recent PIF.

7am Plus The blade comes double wrapped, a plain wrapper inside the main envelope wrap of each blade.

I enjoyed the 7am Plus blade, very sharp, very comfortable. I didn’t expect this level of sharpness, I had 6-7 weepers very early in the shave which is very unusual.

I honestly very rarely have a nick or a weeper. I use a feather blade when I miss a daily shave and have 36-48 hr growth.

I will try the blade again, when I have more growth to see if its different.

The Omega pro 48 Boar is breaking in well, very soft.

Plenty of lather from the Proraso Green, great scent and quite strong menthol.

X8igr6ch.jpg

Soap: Pb Drachenblut
Brush: Platypus
Razor: Boker Tree Brand
Pure luxury this morning. My Drachenblut is running low so I thought I should spend the time on the lather to do it justice. Shave of the week for me. :)

Oh, and an honorable mention to @silverlifter for some class enabling. Picked up this Mont Blanc 32 (NOS) which arrived yesterday.
PfnXz7vm.jpg
KmsKHhIm.jpg

X8igr6ch.jpg

Pure luxury this morning. My Drachenblut is running low so I thought I should spend the time on the lather to do it justice. Shave of the week for me. :)

Oh, and an honorable mention to @silverlifter for some class enabling. Picked up this Mont Blanc 32 (NOS) which arrived yesterday.
PfnXz7vm.jpg
KmsKHhIm.jpg
Lovely pen 👍

PXL-20240614-225442020-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: TroyCraft "Polar Nocturne" 28mm AP Titanium
Soap: Meißner Tremonia Lavender Deluxe
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Pour un Homme de Caron EDT (y) @TomG

Meißner Tremonia soap is interesting, the lather doesn't have the shine I'm used to seeing from my tallow soaps, but it still delivers a fantastic shave. And it smells divine. :love:

X8igr6ch.jpg

PfnXz7vm.jpg
KmsKHhIm.jpg
I'm not sure which looks better, the lather or the famous Platypus... :unsure: :)

SOTD – Sat.15Jun2024

SOTD-20240615-setup.png

Shave Report: From the lather I get a light Tobacco and Leather with a bit of Citrus aroma, don’t detect coffee, scent strength is no more than 4/10. Another smooth clean DFS from the low priced (AU$15) Lord L6 razor.

The Gear:​

• Pre Shave: Imperial Glycerine Soap for Shave/Face
  • Brush: Boti Blue-Ice with APShave 24/52 Synthetic Horse Hair Knot
  • Soap: TOBS - Tobacco Leaf
  • Bowl: Blue Fine Accoutrements
  • Razor: Lord L6 DE (44gm)
  • Blade: Shark Chrome by Lord (3)
  • Astringent: TN Dickinsons Witch Hazel with T.Tree oil & Menthol Crystals
  • Balm: Arko Classic Natural Krem
  • After Shave: Lucky Tiger Bay Rum
  • Moisturiser (Later): Nivea Men - Anti-Irritation AS Lotion