Shave of the Day - 2024

Es93VB7.jpg

Wednesday Afternoon Shave
RAZOR: Pearl TTO SS-95 Marble Black Handle
BLADE: Willy’s Premium
BRUSH: Hendrix Classics Marble 26mm G5C Synthetic
LATHER: D.R. Harris Almond Shaving Soap

10 July
Gold Dollar W59 with sharp and pointy toe, finished and maintained on vintage coticule.
fuRLWh9.jpg

The edge on this razor is not up there with a diamond pasted balsa edge and it is felt in the fool's pass. Still, I enjoy the concentration that this Spanish point demands.
10 July
Gold Dollar W59 with sharp and pointy toe, finished and maintained on vintage coticule.
fuRLWh9.jpg

The edge on this razor is not up there with a diamond pasted balsa edge and it is felt in the fool's pass. Still, I enjoy the concentration that this Spanish point demands.
The Gold Dollar W59 looks amazing, you have done a wonderful job.

PXL-20240711-044549097-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Valobra Glicerlanolina
Brush: TroyCraft "Nebulish" 30mm silvertip
Soap: Martin de Candre Original
Razor: Wolfman WR4
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge EdC
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen

THURSDAY EVENING SHAVE

WUNDERBAR-SOTD.jpg

IMG-20240711-180952.jpg

RAZOR
- Razorock Wunderbar
BLADE - Gillette Platinum
LATHER - Rockwell Barbershop Shaving Cream
POST SHAVE - Nivea Replenishing Post Shave Balm
SHAVING BRUSH - ESB Ox Horn Handle Boar

Had a two pass BBS with no touch ups. The ESB stands for the Errol Signature Brush which is handmade by our review Guru and Mate. I still have to figure out how Errol nailed the perfect grip and size for the handle which is perfect for my hand. It's so good that I've retired my other Brushes for now. The Boar Knot is set perfectly, truly masterclass and boy do I feel proud every time I use it to be reminded that I have my own Custom Brush.

PXL-20240711-044549097-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Valobra Glicerlanolina
Brush: TroyCraft "Nebulish" 30mm silvertip
Soap: Martin de Candre Original
Post-shave: TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge EdC
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen
What an outstanding Pic. Love The Brush, The Razor and the Soap Big time. Troy's work just shines always.

What an outstanding Pic. Love The Brush, The Razor and the Soap Big time. Troy's work just shines always.
Thank you. I'm not responsible for any part of the pic, it's just my phone. The contents speak for themselves. Troy's huge badger is now at a stage where it's not hogging lather, so I can now really enjoy it. (y)(y) The razor is even better than I remember. And the soap just goes on forever. I've had it since the 2022 charity auction, and the level of the soap is just about at the bottom edge of the lid. Maybe I'd better mention it in my will... :unsure:

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Whipped Dog High Mountain Badger in Tall Black Resin 24/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Haslinger Schafmilch Sheep Milk & Lanolin (tallow)
Razor/Blade:- Blackbird Lite SS Polished / Wizamet Super Iridium #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Moisturising Cream:- Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free (for autumn & winter season)
Fragrance:- Burberry London for Men

SOTD Friday 12 July

• Razor Gillette Slim Adjustable (5)
  • Blade Shark
  • Pre-Shave Pears soap (Mint)
  • Brush Vulfix Pure badger
  • Cream Proraso Wood & Spice
  • Post Shave Nivea Sensitive Pro Moisturizer
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Balm

The Daily Shave.

Continuing Shark Week theme

The Shark Super Stainless-Steel blade on its 3rd use. I used the Proraso to ensure I had a good creamy soft lather.

A light touch still delivered a very smooth comfortable shave. No weepers or irritation.

Not sure how many more shaves I will get from this blade. I can’t feel any drag or irritation, however I feel the blade is losing its edge.

PXL-20240713-060617226.jpg

Weekend hotel shave, and possibly the worst picture I've ever taken...

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Valobra Glicerlanolina (see here)
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Pony
Soap: Stirling Lavender
COTD: Lavazza 😐

SOTD Saturday 13 July

• Razor Gillette FatBoy G1 (5)
  • Blade Jianyu Marlin – Stainless Steel – Shanghai China
  • Pre-Shave Pears soap (Mint)
  • Brush Omega Pro 48 Boar
  • Cream Palmolive
  • Post Shave Nivea Sensitive Pro Moisturizer
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Balm

The Daily Shave.

Continuing Shark Week theme

The Jianyu marlin is on its 2nd use. Really smooth effortless shave.

I did have 1 very minor weeper, however once I finished my head-shave, the weeper had closed.

My first run with my new to me Vintage Gillette FatBoy, I set this on (5) for my feel I think the FatBoy (5) is a little more positive exposure than the Vintage Gillette Adjustable.

I noticed after my second pass, my shave was closer than normal.

Next time, I will move to (4)

Thoroughly enjoyed the Gillette FatBoy, built to last. This razor is older than myself (I’m K4).

Do we ever own Vintage Razors, or are we destined to be part of the razor’s history. This will no doubt live on longer than most of us, and some day another shaver will wonder who had this before me.