Shave of the Day - 2024

Jianyu Marlin – Stainless Steel – Shanghai China
I don't know about these Shanghai shitty blades, too many Shanghai blades doesn't agree with my face and stubble.

Also, I don't know how many more new Shanghai blades have added to the market, I can't be bothered to search the World Wide Web again.

gHuUfjF.jpg

Saturday Afternoon Shave
RAZOR:Fatip Testina Gentile Zebrawood Handle
BLADE: Gillette Super Blue
BRUSH: AP ShaveCo. Jade 26mm Gel SHD Fan (A3)
LATHER: Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver Shaving Soap
POST: Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver Artisan Aftershave

SOTD – Sun.14Jul2024

SOTD-20240714-setup.png

Shave Report: Tcheon Fung Sing (TFS) - Classic Red (Sweet Almond scent), considering the short ingredient list this soap performs surprisingly well. Had great shaves with the KCG+Bamboo handle all week.

The Gear:​

• Pre Shave: Imperial Glycerine Soap for Shave/Face
  • Brush: Boti “Classic Red&White” with 26/65 tall Boar knot
  • Soap: Tcheon Fung Sing (TFS) Classic Red
  • Bowl: Yaqi Black Plastic “Duke”
  • Razor: King.C.Gillette DE with WCS Bamboo Handle
  • Blades: Gillette Platinum (4)
  • Astringent: TN Dickinsons Witch Hazel with T.Tree oil & Menthol Crystals
  • Balm: Proraso Refreshing (Green) Pre-Barba cream
  • After Shave: Old Spice AS Lotion
  • Moisturiser (Later): Nivea Men - Anti-Irritation AS Lotion

HSOTD:

IMG-9815.jpg

Pre-shave:- Hot shower & Pears soap
Brush:- Grizzly Bay w/ Fanchurian knot
Soap: PAA - Doppleganger (Yellow)
Razor: Blacklands - Blackbird
Blade: Gillette - 7 O’clock (yellow)
Moisturiser: Neutrogena - Hydroboost

Was last nights shave….

Really enjoying the smell of the doppleganger yellow. First time in a long time but I actually went upstairs to sniff the soap a few times over the weekend and was excited about shave time on Sunday.

Double washed with Pears pre shave. Not sure I noticed the difference between the single and double wash. Again - really enjoying the Pears scent.

I handled the Blackbird sooooo delicately and managed to knick myself a few times. My head isn’t as smooth as it used to be - & I think the blackbird just goes hunting for the bumps. I think it’s time I pass this along to someone that might be able to get more frequent use out of it.

Anyway another week in a hotel - so another Razorock shave :) been eyeing up some

If the baby (3.5oz) Stirling Soaps all weekend. Just seems a shame to order it and not get some of big tubs as well. But what to get lol

C

SOTD Sunday 14 July
  • Razor Gillette Super Adjustable O1 (5)
  • Blade Jaws Platinum
  • Pre-Shave Pears soap (Mint)
  • Brush Synthetic
  • Cream Proraso Blue
  • Post Shave Nivea Sensitive Pro Moisturizer
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Balm

The Daily Shave.

Continuing Shark Week theme

The Jaws Platinum on its 2nd use. Very smooth effortless shave.

My first run with my new to me Vintage Gillette Super Adjustable, I set this on (5). Very smooth efficient setting. Plenty of comfortable blade feel.

Thoroughly enjoyed the Gillette Super Adjustable, a great addition to the shave den.

I really enjoy Proraso creams, very easy to produce a soft creamy lather with plenty of slick protection. The Blue has a strong spice scent with notes of amber & musk. I also get a hint of menthol.

PXL-20240714-221600248-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Valobra Glicerlanolina
Brush: TroyCraft "Nebulish" 30mm silvertip
Soap: Noble Otter - Two Kings
Razor: Wolfman WR4
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge EdC
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen

SOTD Monday 15 July
  • Razor Gillette British Rocket FlareTip
  • Blade Gillette Minora - Stainless
  • Pre-Shave Pears soap (Mint)
  • Brush Omega Pro 48 Boar
  • Soap Wilkinson Sword Blue - Essential
  • Post Shave Nivea Sensitive Pro Moisturizer
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Balm

The Morning Shave.

The Gillette Minora blade comes in a plain wrapper from the main box of 5. Very smooth shave, quite a sharp blade not too sharp. Will be interesting to see this in my Gillette Adjustables.

The Wilkinson Sword is a UK budget soap, I like the clean citrus scent, good protection from a creamy lather.
The Omega Boar is becoming my favorite brush.

upload image online

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Whipped Dog High Mountain Badger in Tall Ivory Resin 24/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Haslinger Schafmilch Sheep Milk & Lanolin (tallow)
Razor/Blade:- Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements 'Quantum' OC ('omega' mild baseplate) borrowed / Wizamet Super Iridium #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Moisturising Cream:- Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free (for autumn & winter season)
Fragrance:- Burberry London for Men
Tonight Tipple:- Guinness