• Blade Gillette 7 O’clock Permasharp Stainless
  • Pre-Shave Pears soap (Mint)
  • Brush Synthetic
  • Cream Jack the Barber - Sandalwood
  • Post Shave Nivea Sensitive Pro Moisturizer
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Post Shave Balm

The Morning Shave.

The Gillette 7 O’clock was in my Gillette British Rocket FlareTip 1950’s today.
Vert nice effortless daily shave, very smooth DFS.
The quality we come to expect from Gillette Blades.

The British Rocket FlareTip is a sentimental favorite razor, my dad used one of these all his life when I was back in the UK.

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Paladin Cleo 26/52mm Bulb in Cobalt
Soap/Cream:- Valobra (4 tallow shaving sticks press into a 250 ml plastic tub)
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Ball End Tech 1946-50 made in England / Gillette Nacet #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Moisturising Cream:- Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free (for autumn & winter season)
Fragrance:- Burberry London for Men

PXL-20240726-224002053-MP.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Valobra Glicerlanolina
Brush: TroyCraft "Polar Nocturne" 28mm AP Titanium
Soap: Meißner Tremonia Lavender Deluxe
Razor: Wolfman WR4
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, Oxford & Cambridge EdC
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen

How's Wolfy?
And how the soap? is this real PURE lavender
Loving the Wolfy, definitely don't regret the expense, worth every penny. The soap has an unusual scent, they've added rose geranium, it's a very nice combination. The lather is strange, though. It seems quite frothy, and it doesn't build up the shine we're used to from tallow soaps. It seems to get the job done though.

SOTD Saturday 27 July
  • Razor Gillette Adjustable FatBoy (5) G1 1961
  • Blade Gillette Wilkinson Sword - India
  • Pre-Shave Pears soap (Mint)
  • Brush Synthetic
  • Cream Palmolive – Coconut Extract
  • Post Shave Thayers Witch hazel - Unscented
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Post Shave Balm

The Morning Shave.

The Gillette Wilkinson Sword was in my 1961 Adjustable FatBoy G1 today.
Refreshing light daily shave, very smooth. I find the Wilkinson Sword blades to be a little mild.
A great blade for anyone new to Safety Razor shaving. Limited chances of any nicks or discomfort.

I went for the Thayers Witch hazel this morning. I haven’t used this for a while. A nice warm morning the Thayers was refreshing.

Loving the Wolfy, definitely don't regret the expense, worth every penny. The soap has an unusual scent, they've added rose geranium, it's a very nice combination. The lather is strange, though. It seems quite frothy, and it doesn't build up the shine we're used to from tallow soaps. It seems to get the job done though.
Add natural glycerine into the soap as you bowl lather, this will give you some shine and thickest to the lather.

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Platypus P&C LE 2017 24mm Fan Manchurian White
Soap/Cream:- Valobra (4 tallow shaving sticks press into a 250 ml plastic tub)
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Ball End Tech 1946-50 made in England / Gillette Nacet #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Moisturising Cream:- Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free (for autumn & winter season)
Fragrance:- Burberry London for Men