Shave of the Day - 2024

''Blast from the Past''
Pre-shave; Pears, transparent soap, face wash with warm water, rinse off.

Brush; TroyCraft, ‘’Gold n Jar’’ Jarrah hardwood with pure Gold flake resin handle, highly polished with a CA finish and a 26mm x TF 2 band Finest Badger knot. (Brush No 4)

Soap; Old Spice, 3.oz soap puck (1976-91) in a late 04 milk-glass mug (1970-92)

Razor; Gillette, Aristocrat Gen 1 OC late 30’s (Set No 15) in Rhodium, original condition.

Blade; Gillette Wilkinson Sword (Saloon pack)

Post-shave; Shulton, Old Spice Original, milk-glass bottle, 6.37oz (Bottle style 1996)

Cologne; Shulton, Old Spice Original, milk-glass bottle, 2.5oz (Bottle style 1993)

[url=https://postimg.cc/WtP2sDwY][/URL]

🤬 Imgur now Postimage ''playing up"'
Finally got it!!

kEGKpZ9l.jpg

Soap: B&M Seville
Brush: Vie Long Black Horse Barber Shop style
Razor: Friodur Henckels 11-V

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue Special Edition 2013 Silvertip 24/48mm knot
Soap/Cream:- The Gentleman's Groom Room ~ May Chang
Razor/Blade:- Blackland Sabre v2.0 - L2 SS Matted / GEM Personna PTFE Coated #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Burberry Weekend for Men

FRIDAY INTENSE SHAVE

Ikon-Tek.jpg

Razor - Ikon Tek Head & Stando Lance Handle
Blade - Gillette Platinum (Swede)
Lather - Barrister & Mann Fern - Reserve Base
Brush - Errol Custom Brush - Boar
After Shave Splash - The Goodfellas Smile Abysso
images

Actually I was pleasantly surprised when using this @SpeedyPC . It is more efficient than the current R41 for sure and it requires the lightest touch but I was done in one and a half pass with no irritation or nicks or weepers. Unlike other aluminum razor heads, the Tek feels solid and is fairly smooth. Thanks to @rbscebu I've been practicing with a Straight and that makes the Tek feel like every other razor to handle. I'm just waiting for Errol to hit the Ikon trail again for his take on the Tek and the B1 standard.

Actually I was pleasantly surprised when using this @SpeedyPC . It is more efficient than the current R41 for sure and it requires the lightest touch but I was done in one and a half pass with no irritation or nicks or weepers. Unlike other aluminum razor heads, the Tek feels solid and is fairly smooth. Thanks to @rbscebu I've been practicing with a Straight and that makes the Tek feel like every other razor to handle. I'm just waiting for Errol to hit the Ikon trail again for his take on the Tek and the B1 standard.
@Errol is too bloody scared shitless to pick the mighty beast Ikon Tech. So forget it, no matter how many times you keep asking @Errol.

@Errol is too bloody scared shitless to pick the mighty beast Ikon Tech. So forget it, no matter how many times you keep asking @Errol.
Mate, haven't you heard @Errol's Introductory speech -

A Shave: the final frontier of grooming. These are the voyages of the Review Guru. Its a life long mission: to discover strange new razors; to seek out new blades and soaps; to boldly explore razors that no other man has explored before!

A Shave: the final frontier of grooming. These are the voyages of the Review Guru. Its a life long mission: to discover strange new razors; to seek out new blades and soaps; to boldly explore razors that no other man has explored before!
giphy.gif

Good luck @Errol

SOTD – SAT.07SEP2024

SOTD-20240907-setup.png

Shave Report: Razorock soaps provide an excellent low price option, great performance (particularly with the added Tallow like this one) but not top line by any means. To my nose the scent is a wonderful fresh aquatic and slightly herbal aroma that reminds of some spa salts, lather scent strength 4/10. The Legend SE & Kai blade combo performed wonderfully all week, medium to mild aggression with some blade feel, all my shaves were smooth and efficient with near BBS results and no irritations.

The Gear:
  • Pre Shave: Nivea Men Sensitive Shave Cream
  • Brush: Yaqi “Ocean” with 28/57 Boss Knot
  • Soap: RazoRock - Acqua
  • Bowl: Yaqi Ceramic Blue “Duke”
  • Razor: Dscosmetic Stainless Steel Legend AC + Black Classic Handle (72gm with blade; blade gap 0.68mm and exposure 0.02mm)
  • Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild AC, made in Japan (5)
  • Astringent: TN Dickinsons Witch Hazel with T.Tree oil & Menthol Crystals
  • Balm: Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Anti Skin Stress Facial Balm
  • After Shave Splash: 4711 AS Lotion
  • Moisturiser (Later): Nivea Men - Anti-Irritation AS Lotion

Finished the week of shaving with my M7DS of Titan ACRO T.H-70 razors. These razors are always a pleasure to shave with. With a lot of patients, they take and hold a very good edge. Their rather obtuse bevel angle allows for a very forgiving shave.

The soap this last week, Wholly Kaw "Washington's Blend" surprised me how good it was after my first try with this soap a few months ago.

trIXqgd.jpg