Aftershave: PAA Amber

Pre-Shave: Shower
Razor: Merkur Heavy Classic 34С
Blade: Personna (USA)
Soap/Cream: The Shaving Shop - La Habanne Aromatica Tobacco-Vetiver
Brush: Maggard Razors 22mm Synthetic
ASB: The Stray Whisker After Balm
Post-Routine: hot rinse, alum, cold rinse, balm

Used Peter's La Habanne Aromatica (tobacco-vetiver) this morning. Wow! Great performance and easy to load. Scent is fantastic. B&M style soap.

2016-08-29_07-55-19 by tvrepairzone, on Flickr
Preshave: Musgo Real Glyce soap and Proraso sandalwood preshave cream
Razor: Ikon X3
Blade: Polsilver SI
Brush: Kent BLK8
Soap: Stirling Executive Man
Post Shave: Loccitane Bavx Balm, Fine Platinum AS and Club de Nuit Intense for Man
Best shave yet with the X3. Agree with @Korbz just trust the razor to do its job and the results will speak for themselves. Smooth and irritation free. Great way to start the working week.

With 3 days growth and a Coticule edge the whiskers fell in a single pass.

A friend turned a Silky Oak "Persian Jar" style handle for me on the weekend and it now houses a 26mm horse hair knot.
Lathers really nicely.

Brush and razor as above and soap is the staple of my soap stable - Kokum, Tallow, Coconut etc.

Steve

Last week in Italy - central Italy - we had a striking earthquake which literally destroyed some lovely towns near Latium, Marches and Umbria, the latter one is my region. My city - Perugia - was not affected by the tragedy of the quake and we did not report any damage or casualties, although this happened not so far from here. Our thoughts are of course to the ones who lost everything, beloved ones, house and all the things of their lives which has of course changed a lot, maybe forever.

Terribly sad to hear and see the devastation from that earthquake. It will take many, many years for lives to be rebuilt. Italians are a strong people and will support each other- your words are testimony to that. We also hope that those affected will grow through this hard time and become even stronger.

Terribly sad to hear and see the devastation from that earthquake. It will take many, many years for lives to be rebuilt. Italians are a strong people and will support each other- your words are testimony to that. We also hope that those affected will grow through this hard time and become even stronger.

Thank you, sir, for your thoughtful and very appreciated words.

The RazorGuy

4c34a5c6d21c115cf992701e1a678ba7.jpg

Pre: Musgo Real Lime Oil soap, Myrsol Antesol and Emulsion
Brush: DR Harris Best Badger H3
Soap: Wickham Imperial Tonic
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Vintage Gillette Aussie Spoiler (1)
Cologne: TOBS Eton College

First shave with an Aussie spoiler. Thanks to @eggbert for blade and advice. The Wickham soap worked beautifully with it and the AS-D2.
The result was another stellar 3 pass shave.
I really like the Imperial Tonic scent - a blend of almond and lavender, with the former prevalent.
Lather was very cushioning and luxurious - a BBS shave with only the tiniest bit or irritation on the neck. Excellent post shave feel. Thanks for recommendation @stillshunter.

Finished off with the (IMHO) underrated TOBS Eton College cologne.

Last edited:
Razor: Supply Provisions Injector (3)
Blade: Included injector blade (2)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson 'The Duke'
Soap/Cream: Klars
Aftershave: Barberry Coast Shaving Co - Havana Balm

A nick! I got myself a nick today :(

Still pondering this razor - thoughts tomorrow.

Pre-Shave: Shower
Razor: Edwin Jagger Kelvin
Blade: Voskhod
Soap/Cream: Shaver Heaven - 1st Anniversary Soap
Brush: Maggard Razors
ASB: The Body Shop For Men Maca Root Razor Relief
Post-Routine: hot rinse, alum, cold rinse, balm

Don't really know what happened this morning with my shave, but I got a really bad razor burn on my neck. Probably I just put too much pressure for some reason. Lather from Shaver Heaven was great as you could imagine - glossy and shiny, yoghurt-like. Spent enough time to make it. For the blade it was only the second usage. So the last one is - too much pressure. Had to use fair bit of balm from The Body Shop to heal my neck. Well... sometime it happens...

YmXloal.jpg

Pre: Occams Pre Shave Soap
Brush: Occams SB
Razor: Merkur Progress, 3.5
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum
Soap: Barrister & Mann - Baudelaire
After:Balm
AfterShave: Barrister & Mann - Baudelaire

A fantastic scent and a great lather, not much more to add really!

Shave from last night

Pre: Myrsol Antesol
Brush: Wolfwhiskers Ubersoft II
Soap: SdM
Razor: iKon X3
Blade: Vintage Polsilver
Post: alum, witch hazel, TSW After Balm, Ogallala Sage and Cedar

Still not loving the SDM, probably user error more than anything else. But it just doesn't really work for me. Got minor burn and irritation on my face.

Agree with @Korbz, trust the razor to do its job. Very happy with this purchase.

20160830_SOTDSVIG_zpsautr9pjt.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: Weber PH UFO Titan L
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Doug Korn Epsilon 2-band
Lather: Mystic Water The Brown Windsor
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

If you nick yourself during the first WTG pass using a well tested setup, something must wrong. My first thought was the blade, but of course it was my fault - didn't fully close the razor...after that it was smooth sailing and the end result was almost perfect (minus the nick). The lather was truly fantastic (picture here) - this brush and soap go so well with each other!

Pre: Musgo Real Gylce Soap
Brush: Thater 4125/3 2 Band
Soap: Jabonman Ylang Ylang
Razor: iKon X3
Blade: Voskhod (2)

A much better lather from the Jabonman. Not sure about the scent (could it be stale? it smells a little like rancid walnuts) but it leaves the face feeling extraordinary.

Pre: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S (3)
Blade: Gillette 7 O' Clock "Black"
Brush: Simpson Duke 2 "Pure"
Lather: Shaver Heaven "Oatmeal Stout"
After: Alum, Myrsol Formula "C", TSW After Balm

So, I had one of those shaves tonight. It all began with the soap...
Managed a brilliant lather this evening.
The shave was terrific also.
I'm not sure about this razor. But I've said that about all of my razor's so far when I first try to dial them in...
Finished up with a BBS shave tonight, with minor irritation on the jawline and neck.
Much better shave compared to Sunday's.
Will definitely go with the hot towel over a face wash in the future if I can't shave immediately after the shower.

Cold water shave
Soap: Shaver Heaven Barbershop
Brush: Simpsons Berkerley badger
Face lather
Blade: Dovo Inox 5/8 in Pearlex scales
A/S: Captain's Choice "Cat o' Nine Tails" Bay Rum

Looked forward to this mornings shave ... ... ... Cat o' Nine Tails morning. Give me that burn. Soap, brush & shave were all good with Just a small nick on a mole on my neck. Now for the A/S. What a disappointment!!! No burn whatsoever… … … nothing. Smells good like a bay rum should but ZERO burn. I make a bit of home brew bay rum every so often using Digger's metho as the base and that burns and I'm a big fan of breath sapping sting but Cat o'clock Nine Tails had a BIG FAT ZERO in the burn Department. After all the reviews I read, well I'm flabbergasted. Got a couple of comments about the scent when I went out this evening … … … I splashed a little more on after a shower before I went.

Status
Not open for further replies.