Not open for further replies.
ddcac870231fdbd3b0fdddf0900f00af.jpg

Pre: La Toja soap, Myrsol Antesol and Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Sanskrit
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Gillette Spoiler (7)
EDT: Steampunk

The Phoenix & Beau Sanskrit has become an instant favourite. Lathers easily, glide, cushioning and slickness top shelf, and what a great scent! Hats off to @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau for conjuring up this beauty. A really complex blend of spices, citrus and woods, with plenty of other interplay. Normally when I shave, the scent of the soap remains relatively constant, but can vary in intensity. With Sanskrit, it seems to keep swirling around and subtly changing. You can really sense the craft of the artisan (Kerry) in creating this effect.
A three pass DFS - I did not get too greedy, as I could feel that the blade was just starting to fade. No weepers or nicks, and irritation free.
And to complement the complexity of the Sanskrit scent, what else but the totally amazing Steampunk.

ddcac870231fdbd3b0fdddf0900f00af.jpg

Pre: La Toja soap, Myrsol Antesol and Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Sanskrit
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Gillette Spoiler (7)
EDT: Steampunk

The Phoenix & Beau Sanskrit has become an instant favourite. Lathers easily, glide, cushioning and slickness top shelf, and what a great scent! Hats off to @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau for conjuring up this beauty. A really complex blend of spices, citrus and woods, with plenty of other interplay. Normally when I shave, the scent of the soap remains relatively constant, but can vary in intensity. With Sanskrit, it seems to keep swirling around and subtly changing. You can really sense the craft of the artisan (Kerry) in creating this effect.
A three pass DFS - I did not get too greedy, as I could feel that the blade was just starting to fade. No weepers or nicks, and irritation free.
And to complement the complexity of the Sanskrit scent, what else but the totally amazing Steampunk.
Kind words @TomG. Thank you [emoji3]. Kerry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind words @TomG. Thank you [emoji3]. Kerry.

Keep doing what you are doing, Mate. I'm sure that you have read the many comments on this Forum complimenting you on your bold designs. It is riskier that knocking out "vanilla" options, but you've the skill, invention and balls to pull it off, and we are loving it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Razor: Vintage Gillette British NEW on TSW 'Bren' Handle
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Platinum Plus (1)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Simpson reknotted in pure
Soap/Cream: Mike's Natural Soaps - Barbershop
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman - Special Reserve

@nav1 was asking me recently about spare heads for a NEW which piqued my interest. After fixing him up I went back and found another on a ball-end handle which I really don't like. The NEW is a great head - but the handles are all a let down (common bar, thin common bar, ball end) with some people putting ballast inside of the common bar ones.

So this head was an obvious choice to par with the very stylish TSW 'Bren' handle via @shavetheman. This is a nice handle, well weighted, thick enough to hold properly and certainly very well priced. At present it doesn't look all that flash as a combination -

... but if that head was replated :whistle:

Of course where do you go with a new combination - straight for the Mike's. A safe, reliable and comfortable choice.

As for aftershave I heard somebody (who was that @filobiblic ) recently diss Pinaud products suggesting that the Masters equivalents might have more 'better things' or less 'bad things' in them or similar. I say - WHO CARES!

REAL MEN (dare I say US Marines?) use Pinaud Clubman and have done for years, the Special Reserve taking it up a notch further (y)

The shave? Absolutely sensation. Smooth, comfortable and nick free BBS. What a start to a Sunday. All prepared to head off and lead the little joys in kids church :eek:

Sword: 40s SuperSpeed / Treet DS Carbon
Suds: Palmolive / Omega S
Salve: Dickinson's Witch Hazel / Floid 'The Genuine'

I went in with a DE this morning for a change. Actually, I'd used this blade a few days ago so this was its second shave. The result was very close and it was a fun Sunday morning one-pass shave but I did get two small weepers on the chin and my skin felt a little more 'angry' than it does after an SE/Injector shave. I can't remember the last time I got a weeper with a Schick.

Anyway, I reckon I'll be mixing in the odd DE shave here and there as I have about 600 blades to get through before I die!

Happy shaves everyone!

DLqgh4v.jpg

Pre: Occam's Crushed Lime Pre-Shave Soap
Brush: Simpson CH1
Razor: ATT R1 Colossus
Blade:Feather
Soap: Mystic Waters Coconut Sandalwood
Salve: Chantillon Lux - Bon Vivant
Aftershave: Captains Choice - Sandalwood

2016-09-11_09-06-50 by tvrepairzone, on Flickr
Preshave: Musgo Real Glyce soap and Proraso Sandalwood preshave cream
Razor: Weber polished head on an Ikon handle
Blade: Polsilver SI(2)
Brush: Kent BLK8
Soap: Stirling Piacenza
Post Shave: Natio Balm and Acqua di Palma Colonia EDT
Just a lazy Sunday morning with plenty of time to enjoy a three pass shave. The Stirling was brilliant as expected and the shave was just a joy. Two day growth mowed down easily and comfortably. The Acqua di Palm is a good compliment to the Piacenza. Have a great Sunday.

2016-09-11_09-06-50 by tvrepairzone, on Flickr
Preshave: Musgo Real Glyce soap and Proraso Sandalwood preshave cream
Razor: Weber polished head on an Ikon handle
Blade: Polsilver SI(2)
Brush: Kent BLK8
Soap: Stirling Piacenza
Post Shave: Natio Balm and Acqua di Palma Colonia EDT
Just a lazy Sunday morning with plenty of time to enjoy a three pass shave. The Stirling was brilliant as expected and the shave was just a joy. Two day growth mowed down easily and comfortably. The Acqua di Palm is a good compliment to the Piacenza. Have a great Sunday.

Pure class through and through. Nice show!

20160911_SOTDSGraphNov_zpsbyzkqtfi.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: ATT S-1 Colossus
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Paladin Chief
Lather: Mystic Water The Brown Windsor
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

I have been very much looking forward to this shave! Finally some time to take a picture and fully enjoy my shave. The only downside was, that I couldn't use my #1 brush choice, as I want to bring it along to the Adelaide meet-up today...but then I really can't complain about my #2 choice for today, can I :D

Absolutely beautiful shave, loved every second of it (even though I had a weeper or 2) and the lather was simply stunning (picture here).

Ready for the meet-up - I hope you all have a great Sunday as well (y)

20160911_SOTDSGraphNov_zpsbyzkqtfi.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: ATT S-1 Colossus
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Paladin Chief
Lather: Mystic Water The Brown Windsor
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

I have been very much looking forward to this shave! Finally some time to take a picture and fully enjoy my shave. The only downside was, that I couldn't use my #1 brush choice, as I want to bring it along to the Adelaide meet-up today...but then I really can't complain about my #2 choice for today, can I :D

Absolutely beautiful shave, loved every second of it (even though I had a weeper or 2) and the lather was simply stunning (picture here).

Ready for the meet-up - I hope you all have a great Sunday as well (y)

Bloody hell that is a good photograph, brava!

Is it 'Special Effects Week' again ? :p

Bloody hell that is a good photograph, brava!

Is it 'Special Effects Week' again ? :p
Thank you my friend - just had a lazy morning and some time to spare - so I played around...

One and Done :)

@nsavage gave me a sample of Mitchell's wool fat today so that was my soap this evening.
I have heard people having trouble lathering this soap but to me it was excellent. No different to any other soap really. Just have enough water. Boar brush and away I went. The glide for a straight from this soap was very good and the lather held up really well. Important because a straight shave can be a bit longer each pass. I am reasonably sensitive to soap as far as skin dryness etc so I will see how it is tomorrow. At present it feels good. It smelt ok, just clean and fresh which was good. Thanks @nsavage a very worthwhile soap for a straight razor shave.

Brush: Omega Boar
Soap: Mitchell's wool fat
Razor: Tanifuji 6/8"
A definite DFS+
The blade was so crisp and keen yet super smooth I decide one pass was was all I needed tonight.
Once your technique with a straight is reasonable nothing comes close.

I won't be making a habit of single pass shaves though as I'm depriving myself of at least 50% of a shave. :)

Steve

Last edited:
Razor: Standard Razor
Blade: Polsilver SS (4)
Brush: EJ Best Badger
Soap: Proraso Green (Old Faithful)
After: TSW After Balm

Had a lovely shave this morning. The Polsilver on shave #4 has lost a wee bit of sharpness, but in a way that actually makes for a more comfortable shave. It still mowed the whiskers down remarkably well. The Proraso lathered up nicely - it may not be the greatest shaving soap in the universe, but it is reliable, and I know it well from the May Madness ;)

Three passes, a bit of cleanup around the neck and a DFS. TSW After Balm finished off nicely.

jjGOtWfl.jpg

Brush: EnvyShave 25mm 2-band Aluminati
Soap: B&M Cologne Russe
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat (replated)
Blade: Personna Blue [2]
After-shave: B&M Cologne Russe splash
Scent: Terre D'Hèrmes EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.