Shave of the Day Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice pics guys. I particularly like the little hint of more to come with the 'By Appointment to H.R.H ...' at the bottom of yours @TomG - piqued my curiosity!

Razor: Vintage Gillette British NEW on TSW 'Bren' Handle
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Platinum Plus (3)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Simpson 'The Duke'
Soap/Cream: Barrister & Man - Cologne Russe Shaving Soap
Aftershave: Barrister & Man - Cologne Russe Tonique Splash

Sometimes you just get a combination and go - yep, this is it.

Yep, this is it.

Good spot, Mark. It is just my Shaving bowl - beautifully made piece of kit. It has great sentimental attachment for me, as one of the insignias is common with my Father's regiment.

xATFSWJ.jpg

Pre: Occams Crushed Lime Pre-Shave Soap
Brush: SImpson CH1 SB
Razor: Progress, 3.5
Blade: Feather
Soap: Ogallala - Bay Rum, Limes & Peppercorns
Balm: Sterling Bay Rum
Aftershave: Ogallala- Bay Rum, Limes, Peppercorns

A fantastic lather from the Ogallala and the scent of the bay rum and lime in the bathroom is always welcome. I like the ogallala soap, its a solid performer on all fronts. I went with my usual 2 passes in a very relaxed, midweek day off of work kind of way.

Good spot, Mark. It is just my Shaving bowl - beautifully made piece of kit. It has great sentimental attachment for me, as one of the insignias is common with my Father's regiment.

Hmm, interesting. Curious to see more in the next SOTD pic now!

I hear ya, Stillsy. That Metilsol really gives a great zing and finish.

Stillsy, Eggs... I love reading your posts for the wet-shaving (always top class kit) as much as I do your quick-fire wit and banter with user-names, G-Man.

:)

Stillsy, Eggs... I love reading your posts for the wet-shaving (always top class kit) as much as I do your quick-fire wit and banter with user-names, G-Man.

:)

Cheers, @todras. But beware, as Count Cryogen and Shellacking (aka @eggbert and @Drubbing) are ever vigilant for someone talking bollocks, and their wicked wit is akin to a drenching of Hydrofluoric acid.

I hear ya, Stillsy. That Metilsol really gives a great zing and finish.
Yeah a good polish that Metilsol.
Not using Alum since I found it.

Just not sure why Miquel went for the scent of Listerine. But otherwise full marks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah a good polish that Metilsol.
Not using Alum since I found it.

Just not sure why Miquel went for the scent of Listerine. But otherwise full marks.

Yeah - agree on the scent. Medicinal. The saving grace is that it is very short lived. Like you, I've retired my Alum block for now and use Antisol as my 'closer'. Your choice is probably wiser, as Metisol contains alum.

Yeah - agree on the scent. Medicinal. The saving grace is that it is very short lived. Like you, I've retired my Alum block for now and use Antisol as my 'closer'. Your choice is probably wiser, as Metisol contains alum.
Yep I often close with a cold wash, dry, Metilsol, 5 minute hardware cleanup, then Emulsion.

Makes for an all day happy Planet Face

Cheers, @todras. But beware, as Count Cryogen and Shellacking (aka @eggbert and @Drubbing) are ever vigilant for someone talking bollocks, and their wicked wit is akin to a drenching of Hydrofluoric acid.

Duly noted, I will add them to the list of cantankerous old men on P&C to watch out for. I have a few so far, not enough for a spread-sheet, but it's getting that way....:D

Duly noted, I will add them to the list of cantankerous old men on P&C to watch out for. I have a few so far, not enough for a spread-sheet, but it's getting that way....:D
Don't bother I think @Mark1966 has already done that spreadsheet. Think he's up to v.8.2

They are both top blokes who don't mince their words, and are blessed with classic bone-dry humour. I wish they would post more often- it's always a good read.

They are both top blokes who don't mince their words, and are blessed with classic bone-dry humour. I wish they would post more often- it's always a good read.

I like the lack of bullshit with the dry acerbic wit, I am the same myself but have lightened it up on the forum as there was a 'misunderstanding'. I wish they would post more often too, the more humour on the forum the better, it breaks through the often uptight, too bloody serious tone...it's wet-shaving. We should never forget we are aussies with our dry, laconic humour and a healthy disrespect for authority.

I like the lack of bullshit with the dry acerbic wit, I am the same myself but have lightened it up on the forum as there was a 'misunderstanding'. I wish they would post more often too, the more humour on the forum the better, it breaks through the often uptight, too bloody serious tone...it's wet-shaving. We should never forget we are aussies with our dry, laconic humour and a healthy disrespect for authority.

Well said, that man!

2016-09-13_08-44-59 by tvrepairzone, on Flickr
Preshave: Musgo Real glyce soap and Proraso sandalwood preshave cream
Razor: Weber polished head on an Ikon handle
Blade: Polsilver SI(4)
Brush: Kent BLK8
Soap: eShave Orange Sandalwood cream(Thanks @Draco Noir )
Post Shave: Natio Balm and Malizia Uomo Vetyver AS
The eShave cream provides a reasonable lather, good cushion and glide not much in the post shave department. The Polsilver ran out of legs towards the end of the shave but served me well for four shaves.

I noted that aspect of your persona by your post 'signature'. You have inspired me to change mine forthwith.

I noted that aspect of your persona by your post 'signature'. You have inspired me to change mine forthwith.

All Greek to me - you and @todras !

All Greek to me - you and @todras !

I guess that accounts, for your sense of humour.

My offer of paying/bribing @Monsta_AU (Nice bottle of scotch) if he uses his admin power to give you a banner that replaces 'Site Moderator' with 'General Ledger' still stands btw with another bottle if he changes my site username to 'DanB' (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.