Proraso pre
Omega boar badger mighty midget
St James of London Sandalwood & Bergamot
Merkur 34C HD
Feather blade
Thayer's Superhazel
TSW After Balm
Terre D'Hermes EDT

Being disturbed would be highly unlikely in this place I'm staying in. A Buddhist style hotel opposite a Stupa. Very peaceful and quiet despite the overwhelming chaos on the street only 30-40m away.

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited:
Full_Size_Render.jpg

Pre: Musgo Real Glyce
Brush: WolfWhiskers Black Synth Beehive
Soap: Santa Maria del Fiore
Razor: iKon X3
Blade: Polsilver Stainless (4)

36 hours after shaving with the iKon Tech and I barely need a shave. But that has never stopped me before. The X3 did a stellar job with no irritation or weepers. I'm still on the fence about SMdF. It performed perfectly adequately, and I like the scent, it's just that it's not a soap I'm excited to use. Stay tuned B/S/T. One thing that won't be seeing the B/S/T is the Wolf Whiskers brush. I really like this black synthetic knot. It looks cool and produces an excellent lather.
That brush!

Pre: Myrsol Antesol
Brush: Wolfwhiskers Ubersoft II
Soap: BWW Ghost ship
Razor: iKon X3
Blade: Vintage Polsilver
Post: alum, Stirling Vetiver witch hazel, Eufros Jabonman Vetiver Haiti

Now I know why it's called the Ghost ship. Somehow suddenly today, the smell of the ghost ship surfaced in my mind. Really randomly and I've decided to pick it for tonight. Again, I underestimated the water requirement. Only after the second pass which I did the most damage, I work out the soap and got beautiful lather out of it.

Will try again tomorrow. The Ghost Ship calls.....

Razor: Standard
Blade: Ladas SS
Brush: EJ Best Badger
Soap: Latha Limon
After: TSW After Balm

I'm a glutton for punishment. I decided to give the Ladas a chance in the Standard. Should have have gone for shave #8 with the Polsilver instead. It's not a bad shave, but it's not a great shave. 3 pass + cleanup and I'm still not really happy with it. Ended up with a little irritation on the neck that even TSW after balm hasn't managed to quite get rid of.

These don't suit me.
Ladas, meet bin. Bin, Ladas.

Now, I still have a pack of Trig blades from the sampler...dare I try them?

I am really sorry to hear that, but also really glad you don't give up @dewynter (y)

First of all stick to one at first - don't mix them up. Although similar, I think Mike's is a bit more intuitive and therefore I would recommend you to stick with Mike's.

If you have one in the original Mike's container - use that - the best sized container to lather IMO. If you just have a sample - press it flat into the bottom of a container, so at the end you have the same surface area as with a normal puck -this is VERY important, else you have to load forever.

OK, soak/wet the brush, squeeze it out (no need to shake after) add a couple drops of water to the soap and start loading. If nothing happens, or the sound is really pasty, add some more drops. Load until sound becomes pasty - add a couple drops - repeat.

Do it, until the lather on the puck is the way you want it! That's correct, none of that proto-lather nonsense - the lather on the puck after the load should be shave ready!

Now your brush is fully loaded and the lather inside your brush is too dry. So take it to your face/bowl and now you can build the whole lather by adding water - it takes a lot! I prefer mostly paint motions to build, then dip the brush into water, then a couple of circle motions to mix in the already hydrated lather on the outside with the dry lather from the inside of the brush - and then again paint strokes to build.

If you have time - do it tonight for practice - so there is not pressure that you have to use it...I know this sounds silly, but in the morning you are usually under time constraints etc. Once you have it and know how it looks - it is super easy to repeat and you will laugh at yourself, why you had problems - I have been there as well and almost gave up on Mike's...

Hope this helps and enjoy (y)
Outstanding post from the lather guru @alfredus.

526fe419f2805cc928df65e6d19d6c7d.jpg

Pre: La Toja soap, Myrsol Antesol and Emulsion
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Vintage Schick Plus PlatinumI (5)
A/S: Dezember Nr 12

My first really good shave with Tabac. I think mainly a result of my lathering technique slowly improving.
A very comfortable 3 pass shave with clean up. DFS, and no nicks or weepers. Lovely post shave feel.
The Tabac came to mind after my 'Deutsch Gespräch' with @alfredus, so I finished with an excellent new German EDT - Dezember Nr 12. It is designed by Erik Kormann, the man behind Steampunk. Dezember is so named as it has 12 fragrance notes. I get pepper, musk, vanilla and patchouli, but there is a lot else going on.

Razor: Vintage Leresche #77
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Platinum Plus (3)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Simpson H2 boar
Soap/Cream: Sudsy Soapery Citrus & Bay Triple Butter Shave Soap
Aftershave: Sudsy Soapery Citrus & Bay Shaving Oil

First attempt with the Leresche (thanks @filobiblic) and it is ...

Well hard to say on a first attempt. It certainly looks intimidating and odd in its angles, however it didn't have any problem in finding my face at the right angle and completing a good first pass. Second pass I wasn't concentrating a couple of times and it let me know - user error. A close, if not entirely comfortable first shave.

v8kBxSY.jpg

Pre: Occam's Crushed Lime Pre-Shave Soap
Brush: Simpson CH1 SB
Razor: Above the Tie Colossus R1
Blade: Feather
Soap: Barrister & Mann - Rhapsody
After: Geo F Trumper - Indian Limes Skin Food
Afttershave: Barrister & Mann - Rhapsody

A great scent and a fantastic lather made for a nice midweek shave.

Pre-Shave: Shower
Razor: Edwin Jagger Kelvin
Blade: Polsilver SI (2)
Soap/Cream: Mike's Natural Soaps - Orange, Cedarwood, and Black Pepper
Brush: Maggard Razors
ASB: Chatillon Lux - Delor de Treget
Post-Routine: hot rinse, alum, cold rinse, balm

Another day with Mike's soap. When I just started using it I saw a video how to lather it. The guy was doing palm lathering. I tried the same procedure and got the same lather as on the video and on @alfredus's photos. But then I never could get even close results with either bowl or face lathering. This morning I tried palm lathering again and voilà - same lather as on the video and on @alfredus's photos. Well... I still had a bit of burn/sting from alum, but much less than it was yesterday. But at least the lather was looking exactly the same. Not sure why palm lathering was so much different from the bowl one. I had no issues with bowl lathering for other soaps and creams at all. I can use palm lathering for these two soaps if required but I do not like that mess. Anyway tomorrow will be another day with Mike's bowl lathering. Will see the difference.

2016-09-21_08-08-54 by tvrepairzone, on Flickr
Preshave: Musgo Real glyce soap
Razor: Weber PH on an Ikon handle
Blade: Vintage Polsilver(4)
Brush: Simpsons Commodore X2
Soap: Icoloniali
Post Shave: Natio Balm, Floid AS and Bulgari Man EDT
Two pass shave with a clean up under the chin and jawline. Superb soap with exceptional qualities. The razor/blade combination also brilliant. The result can only be excellent.

SOTOD*
F8IrTVGl.jpg

SOTD*
VE2Vt18l.jpg

Mmmm, the Weber is twisting my arm to bring more stainless steel razors into my lineup...

How good is a matching set of soap and aftershave?!

*Shave Of The Other Day & Shave Of This Day [emoji6]

Pretty darn good, I applied the splash at 6.15am and can still detect it now!

Ah, that's B&M goodness for you... [emoji6] And Rhapsody...well, let's just say it's an awesome scent. [emoji38]

Pretty darn good, I applied the splash at 6.15am and can still detect it now!

Ah, that's B&M goodness for you... [emoji6] And Rhapsody...well, let's just say it's an awesome scent. [emoji38]

Date: 21 September 2016

Pre-Shave: - Shower & Musgo Real Classic Scent Pre-Shave Oil Soap
Brush: - Whipped Dog Silvertip in Resin Handle 24/48mm
Lather: - Haslinger Schafmilch Sheep Milk & Lanolin (very similar to MWF)
Razor: - RazorRock Old Type Open Comb
Blade: - Vintage Polsilver Stainless #5
Post Shave: - Alum Block / Nivea Sensitive Aftershave Splash & Post Shave Balm

FullSizeRender.jpg

Pre-Shave:
Musgo Real Glyce
Brush: Thater 4125/3 2 Band
Soap: Le Pere Lucien
Razor: iKon DLC Slant "The Dark Knight'
Blade: Polsilver Stainless (1)
After-shave: Myrsol Agua Balsamica

So good when a product you haven't used in a long time performs amazingly. The LPL has been waiting patiently and I was wondering if it should be passed on. I loaded heavily (probably too much) and discarded a lot of 'proto-lather' then went to town on my face. The brush exploded and I soon looked like the man on the Cella box. A good, hydrated, slick lather too. Lather shots here. The DLC Slant is a little less comfortable than the X3, but shaves closer. I wouldn't bother getting both, but I do like the Dark Knight's look.

SOTOD*
F8IrTVGl.jpg

SOTD*
VE2Vt18l.jpg

Mmmm, the Weber is twisting my arm to bring more stainless steel razors into my lineup...

How good is a matching set of soap and aftershave?!

*Shave Of The Other Day & Shave Of This Day [emoji6]

As @todras said - it is great !

9708245c7b6f69ff66709905544f1319.jpg

Brush: M7
Razor: Woolworths Velvet
Blade: English Wilky
Soap: D.R. Harris Lavender
A/S: Ach Brito Lavanda and Real Shaving Balm

I really am enjoying Lavender scents lately. The D.R. Harris soap performed flawlessly as usual. Think this blade might be a dud though, doesn't seem to be cutting as smoothly as my other Wilkys.

Status
Not open for further replies.