Last edited by a moderator:
276747dfcb756e4b44aa72e43c90d5aa.jpg

Pre: La Toja soap, Myrsol Antesol and Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip
Soap: Stirling Barbershop
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Vintage Schick Plus Platinum (4)
EDT: Knize Ten

Really enjoying my Savile Row brush. It has a smaller knot than my other brushes, and it has taken me some time to work it out, but boy is it delivering big time now.
The Stirling soap was predictably excellent. My slight concern regarding the scent disappeared immediately upon use. A different take on Barbershop, but great.
Feeling adventurous so went for BBS and succeeded, albeit with a couple of neck weepers.
Post shave feel was really good.
Finished off with the Austrian classic Knize Ten. This has been around since 1924 and I just love it. Very masculine, with leather, musk and amber prominent, balanced and lifted by notes of citrus and woods, with floral hints. For me, it stands up to the best of the Penhaligon range.
Ja! Dieses Zeug ist fantastisch!

Really enjoying my Savile Row brush. It has a smaller knot than my other brushes, and it has taken me some time to work it out, but boy is it delivering big time now.
The Stirling soap was predictably excellent. My slight concern regarding the scent disappeared immediately upon use. A different take on Barbershop, but great.
Feeling adventurous so went for BBS and succeeded, albeit with a couple of neck weepers.
Finished off with the Austrian classic Knize Ten. This has been around since 1924 and I just love it. Very masculine, with leather, musk and amber prominent, balanced and lifted by notes of citrus and woods, with floral hints. For me, it stands up to the best of the Penhaligon range.

Nice, and nice carton of blades at the back of the shot!

Razor: Vintage Gillette British NEW on TSW 'Bren' Handle
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Platinum Plus (1)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Sudsy Soapery Citrus & Bay Triple Butter Shave Soap
Aftershave: Sudsy Soapery Citrus & Bay Shaving Oil

[Both available in Australia at TSW - http://thestraywhisker.com.au/search.php?search_query=sudsy+soapery&Search=)

A new week means a new soap, surely.

I've not tried any Sudsy Soapery products before. I got the soap in a trade with @stillshunter and became curious about the idea of the shaving oil, so grabbed some from @shavetheman

I ended up doing three passes today. I went to apply the lather for the 'second' pass and noticed it needed a little water and a rebuild to get enough. It was only when I did my first pass S-N which is ATG on my cheek I realised it was already super smooth ...

So the oil had its job cut out - a three pass shave rather then the usual 2 1/2. It did it well. Not greasy but moisturising. Cold and wet here in CBR so it would be interesting to see how it performed during hotter weather. Today though, for me, first impressions are pretty good.

Gar nicht gewusst, dass Du Deutsch sprichst - und Österreichische Produkte magst (y)

uYZW36Z.jpg

Pre: La Toja Pre Shave Soap
Brush: St James of London 28mm Silvertip
Razor: Above the Tie Colossus R1
Blade: Feather
Soap: Stirling - Sharp Dressed Man
Balm: Stirling - Sharp Dressed Man Post Shave Balm
Splash: Stirling - Sharp Dressed Man Aftershave

A nice sharp Monday morning shave after a weekend of inclement weather. A great start to a very busy week ahead.

Pre-Shave: Shower
Razor: Edwin Jagger Kelvin
Blade: Polsilver SI (4)
Soap/Cream: Mike's Natural Soaps - Orange, Cedarwood, and Black Pepper
Brush: Maggard Razors
A/S: Lucky Tiger After Shave and Face Tonic
ASB: The Stray Whisker After Balm
Cologne: Boss Bottled Intense
Post-Routine: hot rinse, alum, cold rinse, splash, dry skin, balm, cologne

Still trying to get a decent shave with Mike's Natural Soap. It still leaves me with some strange feeling. To my mind the lather itself was fine, but I didn't have as close shave as I wanted and had some sting from alum. Will try again soon.

Razor: Vintage Gillette British NEW on TSW 'Bren' Handle
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Platinum Plus (1)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Sudsy Soapery Citrus & Bay Triple Butter Shave Soap
Aftershave: Sudsy Soapery Citrus & Bay Shaving Oil

[Both available in Australia at TSW - http://thestraywhisker.com.au/search.php?search_query=sudsy+soapery&Search=)

A new week means a new soap, surely.

I've not tried any Sudsy Soapery products before. I got the soap in a trade with @stillshunter and became curious about the idea of the shaving oil, so grabbed some from @shavetheman

I ended up doing three passes today. I went to apply the lather for the 'second' pass and noticed it needed a little water and a rebuild to get enough. It was only when I did my first pass S-N which is ATG on my cheek I realised it was already super smooth ...

So the oil had its job cut out - a three pass shave rather then the usual 2 1/2. It did it well. Not greasy but moisturising. Cold and wet here in CBR so it would be interesting to see how it performed during hotter weather. Today though, for me, first impressions are pretty good.

Hey Mark - I'm very pleased to see someone else has discovered the SS oil!

It performs ok in warm weather too. As long as you use it very sparingly. Just enough so it is quickly fully absorbed. If you overshoot, the skin will feel annoyingly greasy later in the day as it hots up. Especially if it's humid. You can certainly use more in cooler climates and get away with it.

If I ever feel like I've put on too much I use my wet hands (with cold water) to faceturbate (!) until the unabsorbed oil diminishes.

I'm in Nepal currently and I used the Citrus & Bay oil yesterday without problem. Just 2 small drops is what it took.

Pre-Shave: Shower
Razor: Edwin Jagger Kelvin
Blade: Polsilver SI (4)
Soap/Cream: Mike's Natural Soaps - Orange, Cedarwood, and Black Pepper
Brush: Maggard Razors
A/S: Lucky Tiger After Shave and Face Tonic
ASB: The Stray Whisker After Balm
Cologne: Boss Bottled Intense
Post-Routine: hot rinse, alum, cold rinse, splash, dry skin, balm, cologne

Still trying to get a decent shave with Mike's Natural Soap. It still leaves me with some strange feeling. To my mind the lather itself was fine, but I didn't have as close shave as I wanted and had some sting from alum. Will try again soon.

That's weird - I hope you start enjoying Mike's soaps more. I've always found these soaps to be great performers and rate them amongst my very favourites. They do need a bit of water though.

Might just be another case of YMMV!

2016-09-19_08-01-09 by tvrepairzone, on Flickr
Preshave: Musgo Real Glyce soap
Razor: Weber PH on an Ikon Handle
Blade: Vintage Polsilver(2)
Brush: Kent BLK8
Soap: Fine American Blend
Post Shave : Natio Balm, Fine American Blend AS and YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme
Didn't shave over the weekend so had a two day growth to deal with. No worries, three pass shave and so smooth. The Fine soap performed very well to provide cushion and glide and the Polsilver just wiped away the whiskers. Beautiful scent that will be with me most of the day.

uYZW36Z.jpg

Pre: La Toja Pre Shave Soap
Brush: St James of London 28mm Silvertip
Razor: Above the Tie Colossus R1
Blade: Feather
Soap: Stirling - Sharp Dressed Man
Balm: Stirling - Sharp Dressed Man Post Shave Balm
Splash: Stirling - Sharp Dressed Man Aftershave

A nice sharp Monday morning shave after a weekend of inclement weather. A great start to a very busy week ahead.

Great balanced organised shot of some nice kit!

Have a good week mate :)

Hey Mark - I'm very pleased to see someone else has discovered the SS oil!

It performs ok in warm weather too. As long as you use it very sparingly. Just enough so it is quickly fully absorbed. If you overshoot, the skin will feel annoyingly greasy later in the day as it hots up. Especially if it's humid. You can certainly use more in cooler climates and get away with it.

If I ever feel like I've put on too much I use my wet hands (with cold water) to faceturbate (!) until the unabsorbed oil diminishes.

I'm in Nepal currently and I used the Citrus & Bay oil yesterday without problem. Just 2 small drops is what it took.

Only just experimenting with it so very much a newbie

Nepal - wow, very cool!

Date: 19 September 2016
Pre-Shave: - Shower & Musgo Real Classic Scent Pre-Shave Oil Soap
Brush: - Whipped Dog High Mountain Badger in Tall Resin Handle 24/50mm
Lather: - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor: - RazorRock Old Type Open Comb
Blade: - Vintage Polsilver Stainless #4
Post Shave: - Alum Block / Nivea Sensitive Aftershave Splash & Post Shave Balm

That's weird - I hope you start enjoying Mike's soaps more. I've always found these soaps to be great performers and rate them amongst my very favourites. They do need a bit of water though.

Might just be another case of YMMV!
@dewynter
Yea I agree with @possumbelly.

My second go with Mike's wasn't as good, that's because I under estimated how much water it needs.

Now, I just keep adding water until the lather explodes. Many thanks to @alfredus lather shots, I have a good idea on what to look for.

I didn't have any face to face appointments today so allowed an extra day of growth for the straight to play with. 1st pass I had a genuine DFS but a shave is not a shave without another pass :)

Re handled Red Gum Omega 10098
Invicta 6/8" Extra full hollow
Kokum/Tallow etc with excess Lemon myrtle

Great shave and absolutely no nicks, cuts or any irritation in anyway. I'm still marvelling how good a straight is once your technique is ok. I seriously wish I had started using a straight many, many moons ago. I have never come across anything as good for skin health.

Status
Not open for further replies.