Shave of the Day Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I j
033f9b91f5bff9b918d1f8cb8d41a0e7.jpg

禅 - Zen
Pre: Top Seven emulsion (on loan from @Draco Noir)
Brush: Wolfwhiskers Envy White Supreme
Soap: P&B Spitfire
Razor: HG Custom 13/16 Western grind full hollow Kamisori (thanks @gregg)

Maiden voyage of the Kamisori.

Lather was okay, could have been better. I have underloaded the brush a little, resulted in lather that dried out a little quicker than I liked. I know what P&B can do, definitely user error here.

First go with the Kamisori, was a little daunting at first. I find a few areas a little hard to reach, I will only get better with time. But it's suffice to say now that this razor will be in my constant rotation. Relatively well shaved with just one pass and a little touch up here and there. I only scored one minor nick, as the lather dried out a little, and it tugged a bit. Lovely experience.
I just told Benjamin I still want to get some Spitfire and here you used some...:LOL: What do you think of the scent?

Date: 26 September 2016

Pre-Shave: - Shower & Musgo Real Classic Scent Pre-Shave Oil Soap
Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm
Lather: - Haslinger Schafmilch Sheep Milk & Lanolin (very similar to MWF)
Razor: - RazorRock Old Type Open Comb
Blade: - Feather #2
t3603.gif

Post Shave: - Alum Block / Nivea Sensitive Aftershave Splash & Post Shave Balm
Fragrance: - Hugo Boss (Original) EDT

Pre-Shave: Musgo Real Glyce
Soap: SV Cosmo
Brush: WW Envy White 26mm
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable Black Beauty S3 - Birth Razor (7)
Blade: Polsilver (3)
A/S: Alt Innsbruck

A very classy birthday shave with birth razor and birthday gift (the brush). The Alt Innsbruck pairs really well with the Cosmo. Now off for boozy lunch.
Happy Birthday @Psmith, today is my birthday as well haha

Pre-Shave: Musgo Real Glyce
Soap: SV Cosmo
Brush: WW Envy White 26mm
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable Black Beauty S3 - Birth Razor (7)
Blade: Polsilver (3)
A/S: Alt Innsbruck

A very classy birthday shave with birth razor and birthday gift (the brush). The Alt Innsbruck pairs really well with the Cosmo. Now off for boozy lunch.

Happy Birthday @Psmith, today is my birthday as well haha

Happy birthday @Psmith and @Reegs - I hope you both have a wonderful day and great shaves (y)

I j

I just told Benjamin I still want to get some Spitfire and here you used some...[emoji38] What do you think of the scent?
Very bright wood scent. Lovely. Dominant scent would be juniper I'd say. Followed closely by leather, and hint of tobacco. I reckon you will like it. It's a very clean and bright scent.

Pre: Myrsol Antesol
Brush: Wolfwhiskers Envy White Supreme
Soap: P&B Spitfire
Razor: HG Custom Kamisori

Don't know why lather started drying out a lot quicker. I doubled load time and all. Hmm, resulted with a few nicks here and there and some minor burn.

I also shot myself in the foot, by being arrogant and taking larger strokes. Bad boy!

I will try again tomorrow until I nail it right. Maybe with a different brush. Give the 26mm a rest.

Happy birthday @Reegs and @Psmith! So, what did you get for your Bdays?

c239fa9c527fe419cb46fe9d798609fe.jpg

Brush: Plisson HMW
Razor: EJ 89
Blade: Timor
Cream: GFT Violets
A/S: GFT Skinfood
Cologne: GFT Ajaccio Violets

Nice, nice, nice. For me, GFT violets starts out floral, then dries down to a more masculine blend that I really enjoy. Don't fear the big V - as @Nightguard I'm sure and I would attest.

Nice, nice, nice. For me, GFT violets starts out floral, then dries down to a more masculine blend that I really enjoy. Don't fear the big V - as @Nightguard I'm sure and I would attest.

PS This goes for both cream and cologne.

Status
Not open for further replies.