Pre: Hot shower/Clinique Face Soap
Razor: iKon X3
Blade: Voskhod (6th use)
Brush: Semogue 610
Soap/Cream: Speick Shave Stick
AS: Thayer’s Lemon/Speick AS
Balm: Speick Balm
Fragrance: Speick EDT

@walklikeaduck what's the Speick EDT like????

qpKV62N.jpg

Very close to the AS, a very clean, light scent; perfect for spring and summer. I love it. Men’s Biz carries it for around $45, which is very reasonable.

@walklikeaduck is that a 50ml or 100ml bottle and may I ask where did you get this from? I'm guessing Men's Biz?

@walklikeaduck is that a 50ml or 100ml bottle and may I ask where did you get this from? I'm guessing Men's Biz?

50ml, yes, Men’s Biz.There’s been some confusion online about Speick EDTs, there’s a larger 100ml bottle, but it’s a ’natural’ version, which is much different from the shaving line. The 50ml that is sold through Men’s Biz is closer to the shaving line that we’re all accustomed to.

Pre-Shave: Hot Towel
Razor: Above the Tie Atlas R1
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3rd shave)
Soap: Faena Mystic Tree
Brush: Omega Badger (sorry I forget the model number, it was my first brush - will investigate)
Post-Routine: Cold water and Alum
Aftershave: Floid Mentolado Vigoroso Aftershave

I am still loving these Nacet blades. First time using Faena soap and I must say I was pleasantly surprised by its performance. I might need to give it another shot tomorrow because I may have ended up adding slightly too much water but this soap exploded like crazy and I wanted to test its limits nonetheless the lather was still dense and very cushiony however I feel like it could have been slicker (lack of tallow perhaps?) but I managed to get another near perfect shave.
The scent is unusual but pleasant whilst not being particularly potent.
Based on the performance of this one I am leaning towards buying another two Faena soaps one being a tallow based soap.

Although I didn't get the slickness I was after there is something more going on with this soap that I can't quite put my finger on yet but I look forward to my next shave with it.

Last edited:
42651b124bcdee196a1181cdabfc7282.jpg
pp

Pre: La Toja soap, Myrsol Antesol and Emulsion
Brush: DR Harris Best Badger H3
Soap: Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Silver (1)
EDT: Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet

Both scent and lather from the Penhaligons soap was wonderful. The freshly loaded vintage Gillette Super Silver blade made short work of my two day growth; pretty close after two passes. However, did the standard 3 pass shave plus clean-up; BBS at the cost of minor irritation. No nicks or weepers. Mysols worked their manic - great post shave feel. Will ease off a touch on pressure next time.
Finished with the inimitable Blenheim Bouquet EDT.

Razor: Vintage Gillette English LC NEW head on 'Bren' handle
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (2)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Simpson 'The Duke'
Soap/Cream: Shaver Heaven Lilith
Aftershave: AoS Sandalwood Gel

You forget when you don't use them regularly just how good @Anthony's SH soaps are - great performance!

F1BxQ99.jpg

Pre: La Toja Pre Shave Soap
Brush: Simpson CH1 SB
Razor: Merkur Progress, 3.0
Blade: Feather
Soap: Barrister & Mann - Seville
Balm: Stirling - Barbershop
Splash: PAA - CAD

Feeling the barbershop vibe from one of my favourite barbershop soaps, the B+M interpretation of the classic scent is very well executed.

Damm nice choices Korbz, I have a few of the Beaver Woodwright splashes, how do their soaps perform ?
They're in my top 5 mate. I'm going to do a review of them tonight. Long story short, coconut oil and acid combination, so lathers a breeze and bit more cushion than the tallow soaps I'm used to (B&M/Stirling), without sacrificing too much glide. Kelly adds shea butter and glycerine so the post shave is great. The scents as you would know are great, but for others, they blend their scents very very well. I've only smelt 2, however they've both been very well balanced without a single note taking a huge dominance over the rest.

They're in my top 5 mate. I'm going to do a review of them tonight. Long story short, coconut oil and acid combination, so lathers a breeze and bit more cushion than the tallow soaps I'm used to (B&M/Stirling), without sacrificing too much glide. Kelly adds shea butter and glycerine so the post shave is great. The scents as you would know are great, but for others, they blend their scents very very well. I've only smelt 2, however they've both been very well balanced without a single note taking a huge dominance over the rest.
Plus one on the BW soaps. Excellent performers.

F1BxQ99.jpg

Pre: La Toja Pre Shave Soap
Brush: Simpson CH1 SB
Razor: Merkur Progress, 3.0
Blade: Feather
Soap: Barrister & Mann - Seville
Balm: Stirling - Barbershop
Splash: PAA - CAD

Feeling the barbershop vibe from one of my favourite barbershop soaps, the B+M interpretation of the classic scent is very well executed.
Very nice @todras (y)

20160927_SOTDSBWVig_zpsmgvdvphn.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cyprusian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor 1st-2nd pass: Weck Sextoblade
Razor 3rd pass: BBS-1
Blade 1st-2nd pass: Personna Hairshaper (2)
Blade 3rd pass: Ladas (2)
Brush: Paladin TSN LE
Soap: Mystic Water Lime
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Really great 2nd effort with the shavette - very smooth result, just a couple of weepers and no razor burn. Went even a bit ATG in the moustache area :D

The stellar lather was definitely very helpful (picture here) - very happy shaver today - hope you have a great shave as well (y)

20160927_SOTDSBWVig_zpsmgvdvphn.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cyprusian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor 1st-2nd pass: Weck Sextoblade
Razor 3rd pass: BBS-1
Blade 1st-2nd pass: Personna Hairshaper (2)
Blade 3rd pass: Ladas (2)
Brush: Paladin TSN LE
Soap: Mystic Water Lime
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Really great 2nd effort with the shavette - very smooth result, just a couple of weepers and no razor burn. Went even a bit ATG in the moustache area :D

The stellar lather was definitely very helpful (picture here) - very happy shaver today - hope you have a great shave as well (y)

Beautiful photo mate, as always very nice shaving kit, free week indeed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.