Shave of the Day Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Prorasso Red
Brush: Shavemac custom 26mm Two band
Soap: B&M - Rhapsody
Blade: Tanifui 6/8 full hollow
Scent: PAA - Malboge

My first run with a B&M. Wow... this stuff is good! I particularly love the strong scent and the fact that it stays there the entire shave. Is this typical for B&M?

I've yet to have a soap do this. I'm used to smelling it as I lather in the tub but have it fade to very weak by the end of the face lather. I will have to try another!

My first run with a B&M. Wow... this stuff is good! I particularly love the strong scent and the fact that it stays there the entire shave. Is this typical for B&M?

Most of the B+M scents do not endure as long as Rhapsody, it is a real standout in that regard. I highly recommend the splash if you like the scent, it lasts for hours.

Pre-Shave: Cyprusian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor 1st-2nd pass: Weck Sextoblade
Razor 3rd pass: BBS-1
Blade 1st-2nd pass: Personna Hairshaper (2)
Blade 3rd pass: Ladas (2)
Brush: Paladin TSN LE
Soap: Mystic Water Lime
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​
Really great 2nd effort with the shavette - very smooth result, just a couple of weepers and no razor burn. Went even a bit ATG in the moustache area :D

The stellar lather was definitely very helpful (picture here) - very happy shaver today - hope you have a great shave as well (y)

@alfredus - this is incredibly promising stuff :)(y):)

As you know, it's only a very short hop from where you are to shaving with a real straight. Imagine the orgy of acquisition you could have if you decided you just had to have a few straight razors to round out your shaving options and your hardware collection. If you're tempted to explore that path a bit more, I'd be delighted and honoured to help you in any way at all. It would certainly make life a little less lonely for the small group of straight shavers here :)

Oh and BTW, congratulations on a couple of successful shaves with the naked blade my friend!

Pre: Prorasso Red
Brush: Shavemac custom 26mm Two band
Soap: B&M - Rhapsody
Blade: Tanifui 6/8 full hollow
Scent: PAA - Malboge

I've yet to have a soap do this. I'm used to smelling it as I lather in the tub but have it fade to very weak by the end of the face lather. I will have to try another!
I've used Lavanille, Beauldaire, Night Music and Arctique and they all lasted throughout shave.

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Pre: Musgo Real Glyce Soap
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Black Synth
Soap: BW Ghost Ship
Razor: Rockwell 6S (4)
Blade: Polsilver Stainless (4)

This Black Synth knot is really something. I enjoyed loading it with the BW soap as my 2 bands can destroy such a soft soap. Slowly added a little water and it produced a sensational lather. Rockwell gave another super smooth shave, but I think the blade is coming to the end of its life. Not entirely BBS (very close though). My thick beard destroys many blades after 2 /3 shaves so 4 is pretty good.

Most of the B+M scents do not endure as long as Rhapsody, it is a real standout in that regard. I highly recommend the splash if you like the scent, it lasts for hours.

Bummer! At least I got lucky with my first taste then.

I've used Lavanille, Beauldaire, Night Music and Arctique and they all lasted throughout shave.

How would you rate the scent strength on those? Strong, as say Tabac? As a bench mark I find most Shaver Heaven to be quite mild scents, MWF would be in the middle somewhere I guess. I really do like having my noise assaulted. Tossing up getting some Leviathan now.

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Pre: Musgo Real Glyce Soap
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Black Synth
Soap: BW Ghost Ship
Razor: Rockwell 6S (4)
Blade: Polsilver Stainless (4)

This Black Synth knot is really something. I enjoyed loading it with the BW soap as my 2 bands can destroy such a soft soap. Slowly added a little water and it produced a sensational lather. Rockwell gave another super smooth shave, but I think the blade is coming to the end of its life. Not entirely BBS (very close though). My thick beard destroys many blades after 2 /3 shaves so 4 is pretty good.
I'm getting 3 decent shaves out of those blades on my rockwell also. Tried for a 4th a couple of times but it was pushing it.

Bummer! At least I got lucky with my first taste then.

How would you rate the scent strength on those? Strong, as say Tabac? As a bench mark I find most Shaver Heaven to be quite mild scents, MWF would be in the middle somewhere I guess. I really do like having my noise assaulted. Tossing up getting some Leviathan now.
I'm in the same boat regarding strong scents.

Beautiful photo mate, as always very nice shaving kit, free week indeed :)

@alfredus - this is incredibly promising stuff :)(y):)

As you know, it's only a very short hop from where you are to shaving with a real straight. Imagine the orgy of acquisition you could have if you decided you just had to have a few straight razors to round out your shaving options and your hardware collection. If you're tempted to explore that path a bit more, I'd be delighted and honoured to help you in any way at all. It would certainly make life a little less lonely for the small group of straight shavers here :)

Oh and BTW, congratulations on a couple of successful shaves with the naked blade my friend!

Many thanks for the kind words @todras and @Draco Noir (y)

First of all, this shavette has a guard - and for me that makes all the difference. This is the third shavette I have tried and it is nothing like the others (Parker - 1/2 DE blade; Universal - Full DE blade). It is very forgiving and I (almost) don't have to concentrate - exactly my kind of shaving :D :D :D

The reason why I still refuse to go down the straight/kami path (besides the new mortgage for all the custom gear I would NEEEED): I can't be bothered honing and even worse: stropping! I really hate monotonous work - especially if it doesn't involve face lathering with one of my badgers :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

20160927_SOTDSBWVig_zpsmgvdvphn.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cyprusian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor 1st-2nd pass: Weck Sextoblade
Razor 3rd pass: BBS-1
Blade 1st-2nd pass: Personna Hairshaper (2)
Blade 3rd pass: Ladas (2)
Brush: Paladin TSN LE
Soap: Mystic Water Lime
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Really great 2nd effort with the shavette - very smooth result, just a couple of weepers and no razor burn. Went even a bit ATG in the moustache area :D

The stellar lather was definitely very helpful (picture here) - very happy shaver today - hope you have a great shave as well (y)
Wow, this is a beautiful photo Alfredus. I was fortunate to receive a sample of Mystic Water soap and I love the slickness it provides.

· PRE-SHAVE: Shower

· BRUSH: SEMOGUE 1205

· SOAP: MYSTIC WATERS? (Sample was given to me from a friend on our SA forum – unfortunately I can’t recall which one it was as I received two samples and only tucked them into plastic containers without writing their names on the lid. )

· RAZOR: Gillette Slim Adjaustable dialed on 6

· BLADE: Gillette Minora Platinum

· POST SHAVE: Bay Rum, BS Arber and Touchme VIP Talcum powder

Wow, this is a beautiful photo Alfredus. I was fortunate to receive a sample of Mystic Water soap and I love the slickness it provides.
Thank you @Bles (y)

I use mainly 3 soaps - Mystic Water being one of them. I really don't understand, why any one would settle for less - especially at this price point...

The reason why I still refuse to go down the straight/kami path (besides the new mortgage for all the custom gear I would NEEEED): I can't be bothered honing and even worse: stropping! I really hate monotonous work - especially if it doesn't involve face lathering with one of my badgers

If you ever decide you no longer want to shave with DE and decide to be a straight shaver then please, please give me first shot at buying your DE's :D

Status
Not open for further replies.