Shave of the Day Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the green as well and will enjoy the scent of it as well if you like the scent of the red. I'm disappointing in the scent profile of the white though.

Haven't tried it. What's it like?

I have the red and it's magic. Great smell, good lather and feels good when it goes on. The green aftershave is also magic. So I'm a bit disappointed from what you said about the white.

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of possibilities."

MacGyver

Haven't tried it. What's it like?

I have the red and it's magic. Great smell, good lather and feels good when it goes on. The green aftershave is also magic. So I'm a bit disappointed from what you said about the white.

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of possibilities."

MacGyver
The Green is very "cooling". It gives a great lather. For the summer months it seems the way to go. Along with the menthol it makes me feel cooler. I definitely recommend it! The white tub has a menthol cooling effect too but just not as strong as the green tub and it is the sensitive version therefor the scent is very subtle. Look it is not bad; it is just that I’m not to fond of the scent. Give it a try, you might just like it but as for me I definitely prefer the red and green far more than the white.

14513669_10154594139968336_1245586972_o.jpg

Pre-Shave: Hot shower/Priya Macadamia Oil soap
Razor: Bluebeard's Revenge Scimitar
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: Vie Long Peleon horsehair
Cream/Soap: Bluebeard's Revenge Shave Cream
Post-shave: Woolworths Select Alpha ASB, Brut Original ASL

Oh guys - some really sweet photos!

Maybe we should put together a P&C calendar next year!

Lo
14513669_10154594139968336_1245586972_o.jpg

Pre-Shave: Hot shower/Priya Macadamia Oil soap
Razor: Bluebeard's Revenge Scimitar
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: Vie Long Peleon horsehair
Cream/Soap: Bluebeard's Revenge Shave Cream
Post-shave: Woolworths Select Alpha ASB, Brut Original ASL
Lovely shave Dann. That razor head looks quite similar to the Muhle R89.(y)

Thanks for the brush @Draco Noir I really like it and have a 24mm boar knot ready to load.
Old battered and super smooth Invicta 6/8"
Tallow/Kokum butter soap
Macadamia with Lemon myrtle to finish off.

Great shave.
Agree - fantastic picture @bald as (y)

Lovely shave Dann. That razor head looks quite similar to the Muhle R89.(y)

Thanks @Bles , the Scimitar is actually a EJ DE89 with a different cap, I believe. Like the DE89, its a solid basic razor.
For some reason, the Scimitar seems to be significantly more expensive for effectively the same razor (not complaining though, as it was a gift).

Last edited:
Pre: Myrsol Antesol
Brush: Wolfwhiskers Envy White Supreme
Soap: P&B Spitfire
Razor: HG Custom Kamisori
Post: alum, witch hazel, TSW After Balm, Myrsol Agua Balsamica

Lather looked amazing and it was for a bit. I am still having issues with it drying out, despite loading it very heavily and adding a lot of water. I will give another soap a go next shave. Giving the face a little rest tomorrow, as the razor was grabby and nicky because of the lather losing out on glide because of my lather drying out.

Razor: Vintage Gillette English LC NEW head on 'Bren' handle
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (3)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Simpson H2 boar
Soap/Cream: B&M Cologne Russe
Aftershave: B&M Cologne Russe

Can't go too long without coming back to this soap/splash combination!

Pre: Prorasso Red
Brush: Shavemac custom 26mm Two band
Soap: Mystic Waters - Coconut Sandalwood
Blade: Lone Wolf 6/8 full hollow
Scent: PAA - Douglas Firr

Thanks again to @todras for the soap sample. It is indeed a nice spin on the Sandalwood scent. I found it to be adequate for a first time lather but I may have underloaded. Plenty of lather, just not as slick or dense and I am used to. I will try again tomorrow and load quite a bit more.

I found it to be adequate for a first time lather but I may have underloaded. Plenty of lather, just not as slick or dense and I am used to. I will try again tomorrow and load quite a bit more.

Glad you are enjoying the Mystic Waters, her combination of scents works really well I thought and lasts too post-shave.

I had the exact same experience with the lather, with a slightly heavier pre-load (than say B+M for instance) the cushion and density was spot on.

UlSUDrK.jpg

tnhetZP.jpg

SOTD (28/9/2016)

Pre: Hot shower/Clinique Face Soap
Razor: iKon OSS
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Sharp Edge Yellow Pack (1st use)
Brush: Semogue 610
Soap/Cream: RazoRock XXX
AS: Thayer’s Lemon/Pitralon AS
Balm: Shaver Heaven Sweet Almond Milk AS Balm
Fragrance: L’Occitan EDT

Date: 28 September 2016

Pre-Shave: - Shower & Musgo Real Classic Scent Pre-Shave Oil Soap
Brush: - Whipped Dog High Mountain Badger in Tall Resin Handle 24/50mm
Lather: - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor: - RazorRock Old Type Open Comb
Blade: - Feather #3
t3603.gif

Post Shave: - Alum Block / Nivea Sensitive Aftershave Splash & Post Shave Balm
Fragrance: - Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male EDT

Feather blade starting to give me some small tugging WOW! I'm surprised and thought this SUPER sharp blade would last longer and I know is not very smooth, it seem the feather doesn't get along with open comb oh well it going in the bin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.