Status
Not open for further replies.
IMAG0322.jpg

Prep: Hot Shower, Priya Macadamia Oil soap
Brush: Vie Long Peleon Horsehair
Razor: 40s-50s UK Gillette Ball-end Tech
Blade: Kai Stainless Steel (2)
Soap: Cella
Post-shave: T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel, The Bluebeard's Revenge Post Shave Balm

Pre: Top Seven emulsion
Brush: Wolfwhiskers Ubersoft II
Soap: B&M Vetyver Santal
Razor: HG Razor Custom kamisori
Post: alum, Stirling Vetiver Witch Hazel, Eufros Jabonman Vetiver Haiti

Lather was pretty okay, just needed to dial it in a little more. Synths do not hold a lot of water. But I still got a workable amount of lather, just not abundant.

Nicked myself today on three spots. All due to carelessness. I'm getting closer shaves, but razor seems a little fiercer today. Wonder if it's because I spend less time stropping yesterday. But it still did give me a good shave.

Sunday 2 October 2016

SOTD-02102016.jpg

Mastro Livi Grifetto Mother of Pearl, 6/8 Full Hollow, Round Point

Today's shave was simply superb. Mastro Livi Grifetto coupled to my Bay Rum aftershave gave me a velvety smooth and irritation free result. Mastro Livi Grifetto proved to be - once again - an incredible straight razor with a super sharp edge providing an incredible super performing shave. I also have to say the super cheap Palmolive stick is an excellent soap giving a very good slickness as well as a comfortable and moisturizing effect. The soothing final touch provided by my Bay Rum aftershave gave me the best shave ever. What a shave!​
  • Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Palmolive Stick
  • Brush: Omega Bristle 10275
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Grifetto Mother of Pearl, 6/8 Full Hollow, Round Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: RazorGuy Bay Rum

Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on 'Bren' SS Handle
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkie (2)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: SH - Spiced Mahogany
Aftershave: AoS Sandalwood Gel

Weird choices and combination of software this morning, must be the sudden change in the weather prompting this! Lovely day yesterday and horrible today :(

Good weather to head into the office for some law assignment work ...

20161003_SOTDSGraphNov_zpsrko8e5is.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cyprusian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: Weck Sextoblade
Blade: Personna Hairshaper (4)
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac 2-badn
Soap: Mike's Hungarian Lavender
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Rather ordinary shave, as I decided I was ready for a 3rd (ATG) pass with the shavette - even the fantastic Mike's lather (picture here) could not protect me from this stupid decision...I hope you have a better shave-start into the new week (y)

f8edcb113a9ac83e43d0dc5ef249c653.jpg

Brush: Plisson HMW
Razor: EJ89
Blade: Wilkinson Super Sword
Soap: Whispers from the Woods Spearmint, Lavender and Vetiver
A/S: Fine Clean Vetiver

Very nice shave with the WFTW soap. Nice scent, excellent lather and a nice post shave.
Nice choice of Spring soap and aftershave @Nightguard !
What do you think of the Whispers from the Woods soaps? I know the area around Black Springs where the WFTW comes from and would love to support a local artisan if the soaps are worthwhile adding to the collection.

20161003_SOTDSGraphNov_zpsrko8e5is.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cyprusian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: Weck Sextoblade
Blade: Personna Hairshaper (4)
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac 2-badn
Soap: Mike's Hungarian Lavender
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Rather ordinary shave, as I decided I was ready for a 3rd (ATG) pass with the shavette - even the fantastic Mike's lather (picture here) could not protect me from this stupid decision...I hope you have a better shave-start into the new week (y)

A bit of a learning curve with the shave @alfredus ?? That's what has kept me away from them (and straights) thus far...
Have to have some ordinary shaves so the great ones stand out!!!:)

99ddfba9bba426b18800e5326ca66dec.jpg

Pre: Prorasso Red
Brush: Chubby 2 Best
Soap: Shaver Heaven - Illusion (Tallow V2)
Blade: Parker 567

This past 10 days I've had a run with Mystic Waters, B&M and Crown King. All recent additions for me. Today I went back to old faithful - Shaver Heaven. As good as the likes of B&M are, Shaver Heaven is still the best lather out there in my humble opinion! Slickness, residual glide are superior and that, for me is where it counts. All other aspects are equal. The only place where @Anthony falls down is scent strength and complexity.

In taking this photo, I really must find some time to buff out the stain in that blade!

Straight shaving is not too difficult really. Take your DE for the first pass and then "cheat" as you "learn" with the straight for the next pass. Little or no resistance from the stubble and you will develop the required muscle memory much quicker.

kuZ73JQ.jpg

SOTD (3/10/2016)

Pre: Hot shower/Clinique Face Soap
Razor: iKon X3
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Sharp Edge Yellow Pack (3rd use)
Brush: Semogue 610
Soap/Cream: Old Spice
AS: Thayer’s Cucumber/Williams Aqua Velva AS
Balm: Lucky Tiger Disappearing AS Cream
Fragrance: Cool Water EDT

Ordered the Old Spice shave cream from India, it wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t anything special either. Would I buy it again? No.

Pre: Musgo Real Glyce
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Envy White 26mm
Soap: B&M 42
Blade: Polsilver Stainless(2)
AS: Floid Suave

A really easy BBS. The 42 is a thirsty soap and created a super slick lather. Lather shots here. I have the iKon X3 on BST but it seems that no-one is interested. After this shave I think I will pull it. It is very similar to the DLC Slant (which I prefer) although a tad less aggressive, but still gave an outrageously good shave. It'll make me a nice travel razor.

Pre: Musgo Real Glyce
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Envy White 26mm
Soap: B&M 42
Blade: Polsilver Stainless(2)
AS: Floid Suave

A really easy BBS. The 42 is a thirsty soap and created a super slick lather. Lather shots here. I have the iKon X3 on BST but it seems that no-one is interested. After this shave I think I will pull it. It is very similar to the DLC Slant (which I prefer) although a tad less aggressive, but still gave an outrageously good shave. It'll make me a nice travel razor.
I can't believe that it did not sell at that price @Psmith

IMAG0325.jpg

Prep: Hot Shower, Priya Macadamia Oil soap
Brush: Vie Long Peleon Horsehair
Razor: 40s-50s UK Gillette Ball-end Tech
Blade: Gillette 7 o'Clock Super Platinum/India Black (1)
Soap: The Bluebeard's Revenge
Post-shave: The Bluebeard's Revenge Post Shave Balm, Brut Original ASL

Status
Not open for further replies.